A list of the anime series which are featured in the game. Series that premiered in the Super Robot Wars series in this game are marked with "(new)
". Special Note: Despite F and F Final essentially being two halves of one game, only units that appeared in F are included here.
- Mobile Suit Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
- Mobile Fighter G Gundam
- New Mobile Report Gundam Wing
- Mazinger Z
- Getter Robo
- Getter Robo G
- Super Electromagnetic Robot Combattler V
- Aura Battler Dunbine
- Demon God of War Goshogun
- Heavy Metal L-Gaim
- Super Beast Machine God Dancougar
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (new)
- Banpresto Originals (original characters created for the game)
- Masoukishin - Lord of Elemental (Banpresto Original storyline)
New FeaturesRelationship Bonus.
Pilots will receive stat bonuses by being adjacent to friends and lovers from the same series, protagonists of seperate series from the same franchise (like Kamille Bidan
and Judau Ashta
of the Gundam
franchise), and the protagonists of vaugely related franchises (such as Kouji Kabuto
and Ryouma Nagare
and Getter Robo
, respectively). While the player receives absolutely no indication of a bonus in this game, later games would give visual cues to notify a player of a compatible pair.
Saturn vs. Playstation versionsSuper Robot Wars F
and its sequel were first released on the Sega Saturn and were later ported to the Playstation. Changes to the Playstation version include:
- Several bugfixes, including removing a glitch that had the potential to destroy the game's save file.
- Changes in music quality. A few tracks would be redone or replaced entirely. Notably, the Original Generation franchise uses the original Saturn versions.
- When a berserk EVA-01 attacked in the Saturn version, a pixelated, enlarged version of its normal sprite would creep onto the screen before attacking. In the Playstation version, this is replaced with a non-SD image of EVA-01 howling.
- During intermissions, the map is rendered in 3D in the PSX version; it is sprite-based on the Saturn.