New FeaturesTwin Battle System.
A variation of SRW Alpha 2's
and Alpha 3's
Squad System, this allows two robots to combine into a single team (represented by one unit on the map).
- Unlike the Super Robot Wars Alpha series, teams can be formed on the map at will.
- Twin Command Spirit Commands (seishin) can only be used while in a team. They use SP from both team members.
- When fighting a single enemy unit, both team members attack the enemy (somewhat similar to Super Robot Wars Impact's and MX's Command Attack).
- When fighting an enemy team, the main unit attacks the enemy main, while the sub unit fights the enemy sub.
- ALLW Attacks, a combination of the Alphas' ALL Attack and MX's Double Attack, allows a unit to attack all members in two adjacent teams.
- Seperate teams can perform Support Attack with each other.
Each pilot gains a bonus skill when they reach 50 kills. Later appears in Super Robot Wars A Portable
There are items in the game that allows the player to modify certain stats on equippable weapons.