Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Scribblenauts

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Building upon the innovative Scribblenauts, the sequel brings adjectives, vastly improved controls, and deeper levels and puzzles. Adjectives modify game objects in realistic ways, allowing players to make use of Angry Fridges and Gentlemanly Raptors as they progress through over 100 levels.

E3 Quick Impressions: Super Scribblenauts

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By dantebk

I wonder if maybe I'm too dumb or unimaginative to play Scribblenauts games.  In Super Scribblenauts, you can now add adjectives to every noun in the world, and they actually react appropriately.  The demo was in Playground mode, so it entirely depended on me to think of things, and I didn't do a good job.

Purple Vampire.  Yes, it was purple.
    Cowardly Vampire Hunter.  He was eaten by the Vampire and became a Vampire also.  Then I took the stake he dropped and killed them both.
    Angry Fridge.  Man that Fridge is really aggressive and volatile.
    Hungry Caveman.  I accidentally put him in the Fridge and his status changed to Cold.  Then he beat up the Fridge.
    Happy Dragon.  I flew him around and set fire to the Caveman. 
    Explosive Hot Air Balloon.  It exploded.
    Lazy Griffin.  It moves incredibly slowly, but still attacked me and had to be destroyed by my Dragon.  Also you can pet the Dragon.

At this point, the presenter was trying to suggest fun things I could write, but I decided to move along and give someone else a turn.  Listen: It works.  Also, you can move your guy with the D-Pad now, and that is 1,000 times better than with the stylus.  This is probably a great game if you are smarter than me.

If you have any questions, comment and I will try to answer.

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By dantebk

I wonder if maybe I'm too dumb or unimaginative to play Scribblenauts games.  In Super Scribblenauts, you can now add adjectives to every noun in the world, and they actually react appropriately.  The demo was in Playground mode, so it entirely depended on me to think of things, and I didn't do a good job.

Purple Vampire.  Yes, it was purple.
    Cowardly Vampire Hunter.  He was eaten by the Vampire and became a Vampire also.  Then I took the stake he dropped and killed them both.
    Angry Fridge.  Man that Fridge is really aggressive and volatile.
    Hungry Caveman.  I accidentally put him in the Fridge and his status changed to Cold.  Then he beat up the Fridge.
    Happy Dragon.  I flew him around and set fire to the Caveman. 
    Explosive Hot Air Balloon.  It exploded.
    Lazy Griffin.  It moves incredibly slowly, but still attacked me and had to be destroyed by my Dragon.  Also you can pet the Dragon.

At this point, the presenter was trying to suggest fun things I could write, but I decided to move along and give someone else a turn.  Listen: It works.  Also, you can move your guy with the D-Pad now, and that is 1,000 times better than with the stylus.  This is probably a great game if you are smarter than me.

If you have any questions, comment and I will try to answer.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By stackboy

It sounds exactly like what was promised. I'll be in.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

*prepares to sell copy of scribblenauts*

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne

so they fixed the controls. now they should fix the lame level / mission design.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mazik765

Sounds solid to me. That game is just a great idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.