Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 13, 2014

Collectively known as "Super Smash Bros. 4", the fourth installment of Nintendo's fighting game series was released for both the Wii U console and the handheld Nintendo 3DS.

So what do you guys think about the game?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

The game (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U) has been out for a few days now and I thought I would make this thread to see how people are liking or disliking the game.

For me, I think the game is fantastic. The game looks, plays, and sounds great. Out of all the new modes exclusive to Wii U, mine would have to be Crazy Orders. It's really fun to see how long you can go while getting some prizes. I NEED ALL THE CDs! Maybe the only downer really is Smash Tour not being online. Since the mode doesn't have online, I will probably only play it to do its challenges and that's it. The mode it self is alright. Just doing it by myself will get boring quickly.

Also being able to use a GC controller is amazing.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm really enjoying it. I was kind of unsure about it when I played it on the 3DS, but the Wii U version feels so much better. It's amazing how much of a difference having the right kind of control in hand can make. I'm liking it more than brawl for sure although I doubt I'll put as much time into it. I just don't have the same amount of hours now as I did back when previous smash bros games came out. I'm not sure how well it will hold up competitively, but this feels like a definite purchase for average smash fans.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's pretty fun like every entry in the series has been. I'm glad I pre-ordered it.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've enjoyed it. Very easy to get into and is a great game to play when drinking with friends or whatever. Huge roster as well with a lot of variety.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

I think the only Smash Bros. with weaker single player is the original N64 one. While Smash Bros. for Wii U has parity in terms of the All-Star Mode (fight your way through every character) and the event challenges (which are still fun), I don't really like the way they've reworked Classic mode (it feels way shorter and there is even less variety to the events), and Smash Tour is a poor substitute for Melee's Adventure mode or Brawl's Subspace Emissary.

However the multiplayer is great, and I had a good time messing around with 8-player mode. Actually have 8 players is maybe too many, but our group was 5-6, which was an OK number. Also nobody in my group gave a shit who Greninja was. Fuck Greninja. You know who is a better tongue-based Pokemon? MOTHERFUCKING LICKITUNG.

Also the Mii fighters are actually pretty fucking cool, though it's kind of a long grind to unlock all of the shit for them.

cowsnipers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game looks and feels fantastic. Really enjoying the Master/Crazy orders on the single player side.

The multiplayer is solid, but I feel it's still a pretty bare-bones experience. It would be nice to have some sort of leaderboard or matchmaking system integrated in the multiplayer so I can gauge how my skills stack up against the rest of the world. It would be nice if there was some way they could pair you up with an opponent based on skill level so I can play more even matches because I'm getting tired of wiping the floor against someone one round, then getting my ass kicked the next. Looking forward to the tournament integration in the future though.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yeah, Smash Bros. is still excellent. I haven't tried all the new modes, but the ones I played seemed pretty neat, even Smash Tour. Also they haven't changed Kirby that much so I can still main him. The only thing I have to get is the Gamecube adapter since this Wavebird I have needs attention.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.