Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 07, 2018

The Switch debut of Nintendo's flagship fighting game series brings together every character from the series' history, bringing the roster to over 70 fighters.

DLC Roster Rumor

matthewgm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know, I know, I eyeroll at supposed leaked rosters too, and I don't think there was a single leaked list that was 100% accurate (RIP Playable Issac). But today's list floating around was so bugf***ing nuts that I thought it worth discussing:

Erdrick from Dragon Quest (WTF scale: 1/10)

Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden (WTF scale: 2/10)

Steve from Minecraft (WTF scale: 6/10)

Doomslayer from DOOM (WTF scale: WTF WTF WTF/10)

This... isn't real, right?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I feel like if Bethesda/Zenimax were going to play ball on this that they'd be more likely to offer up Vault Boy.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Deathstriker

Ryu would be cool. I can't think of anyone I'd love to see besides Dante (DMC), Goku, Vegeta, and other DBZ characters.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like guests and all, but starting to think the more random game characters they mash into this the less it feels like a Nintendo ass Nintendo game. Surely there's some more properties they can mine for this? I mean they did manage some more decent new Nintendo characters for the initial release so maybe it's too soon to tell. Maybe one of the Advance Wars guys, whoever they were...

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Erdrick makes a lot of sense, there is clearly a modern take on him now with DQ11. I just don't think he's that interesting. Compound that with the fact that Sugiyama hates playing nice with his music or not being a shitty person, the release will be like Cloud and end up having one stage and two songs.

Ryu Hayabusa I could also see, but this game already has ten million sword characters, so that doesn't sound very interesting either.

Steve is almost guaranteed, it just makes way too much sense to not put him in.

Doomslayer would be the most interesting and hype character, but also the least likely. I don't believe that for one second, there's no way they put him in. If they do, that would be absolutely hilarious and I'd main him in a second. But it won't happen.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Whatever, I don't believe in anything anymore

No Caption Provided

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

After the last big Smash leak turned out to be an elaborate fake, I think I'm going to err on the side of cynicism on this one. I think a Dragon Quest character sounds entirely plausible (as does that character's stage only having like two music tracks) but I'm going to call bullshit on the Doomslayer. I'd love to be proven wrong on that one, because that would be ridiculous, but he feels like a step beyond even Bayonetta in the "taking this M-rated game and toning it down for Smash" department.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can see a DQ character but the others sound pretty suspect.

If I had to bet money on it, I'd say that at least one of the DLC characters will be from Monster Hunter.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like if Bethesda/Zenimax were going to play ball on this that they'd be more likely to offer up Vault Boy.

But is there a Fallout on a Nintendo platform? Doom is on the Switch so I feel like Doomslayer makes sense.

I have no idea about whether this is accurate but if it is I would be disappointed. These are all just people (and all men at that) and while Minecraft Steve is a good idea (he could have cool moves around building stuff) I feel like the rest would play like dozens of the other characters on the massive roster. I want the characters to be crazy. My dream character is Banjo Kazooie who could have all kinds of cool and interesting moves, but I know that's not super likely. I still hope there's something a little more out there than these choices.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.