Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 07, 2018

The Switch debut of Nintendo's flagship fighting game series brings together every character from the series' history, bringing the roster to over 70 fighters.

SSBU has sold nearly 14M copies since release

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

And finally here's life time sales of Nintendo first party games on Switch

You could argue that there's going to be a number of people who bought BoTW on Wii U instead of Switch, a quick Google search suggests that when BoTW hit 10M lifetime sales, 1.5M of that was on Wii U.

Jeff and Brad will probably continue to imagine that Smash Bros doesn't shift units or consoles and that nobody cares about Smash Bros other than the sub-set of the FGC who play Smash*

* I should note that I don't actually care about Smash Bros, I just think it's crazy anytime they question if it's actually a big seller/system seller for Nintendo.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good for Sakurai, that man is a machine with how much he works. I will admit I stopped playing Smash for a bit, now that the stage creator is out I'm playing it a bit more.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By liquiddragon

We all have our blind spots I guess. I get not liking Smash but hard to deny how massive it is. At least I'm with Jeff that the 1st one is the best.

I'm very dismissive of the MK franchise but I'll have to accept that it's moved around 40 million units at some point. Until then, I'll keep telling ppl MK ain't shit.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most popular fighting game of all time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.