Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros.

Franchise »

The Super Smash Bros. series is Nintendo's premier fighting series, featuring many characters from Nintendo's most popular games as well as third-party characters.

Would you play a Smash Bros karting game?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Poll Would you play a Smash Bros karting game? (26 votes)

If it is done right, absolutely! 31%
    Naw man. 42%
    Perhaps 4%
    Fuck these options! (Other, Show me the results) 23%

Last night I was talking to my friend about the latest Nintendo Direct. I brought up how I thought Mario Kart games should start adding other Nintendo mascots to the roster, and my friend brought up a better idea: A Super Smash Bros kart game!

Racing as your favorite Nintendo characters on iconic locations from Nintendo games. Each character has their own special ability and kart. Items would be stuff like Pokeballs, hammers, bombs, and other items found in the Smash games. And perhaps the game would have a battle mode, but instead of balloons you have to knock people off the stage. This would become easier as you attack your opponents and build up their percentage meter, at which point you can send them flying with a well placed shot.

I might be crazy but I think this sounds like it could be fun as hell. What about you duders? Would you play this Super Smash Kart thing? What would you want to see in it?

• 
    crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't like Kart and I don't like Smash.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I looked at some parts of Nintendo Direct, but nothing didn't interest me at all. This whole console had a year to impress me, but failed in all counts. Though like I imagine people will say ''wait until E3 they'll bring the games'' yeah just like they said last year.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Wouldn't that be a little redundant?

edsone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Sounds like a cute version of twiest metal with the typical Smash Bros meter :p

Not saying it's a bad idea, but considering we already have Mario Kar where we get to use items in there and all, I'm not sure that making a brand new game not all that dissimilar would work. Could be a Mario Kart multi-player mode. That would be fine, I guess.

futurstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By futurstock
    but with Nintendo characters

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Unless you're some kind of crazy person that only plays Mario Kart for the Mario characters, this question is identical to 'so, do you like Mario Kart?'

So do you like Mario Kart?

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

This is a tremendously underrated game I think. The best cart racer I played in years.

To the OP: isn't what you're asking for basically Mario Kart with a wider spread of characters? Not sure there would be anything special about a Super Smash Karting, unless they made the game somehow more about smashing and you could knock people off track or something..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: The more I think about it, the less I care about the actual racing part of the game. I think edsone was close when he compared this to a Nintendo version of Twisted Metal. Hell I wouldn't want this as a physical $60 release, more of a $15 downloadable spin off thing. If that makes any sense.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@geraltitude: The more I think about it, the less I care about the actual racing part of the game. I think edsone was close when he compared this to a Nintendo version of Twisted Metal. Hell I wouldn't want this as a physical $60 release, more of a $15 downloadable spin off thing. If that makes any sense.

ohhhh I get it now. Missed that Twisted Metal call out. In general I am down for any game of that genre, though admittedly I would be way more into a new Twisted Metal downloadable than a Nintendo one. That said, Nintendo arena levels could be amazing. Imagine ripping around Hyrule field or driving around in Mario Galaxy-land.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I would play a Smash Kart.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By monetarydread

and what would be the difference between this and Mario Kart? There might not be 60+ characters, but the Mario Kart games are not limited to the Mario universe.

For example, you can select Pac-Man, Mametchi (from Tomagotchi), Donkey Kong, R.O.B, a Mii, etc...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.