Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 25, 2008

This downloadable seventh iteration of Street Fighter II brings further rebalancing, remixed music, training mode, enhanced online multiplayer, and brand new hand-drawn high-definition graphics.

Xbox controls just fusterating?

I haven't played Street Fighting in a while, I picked up one of those plug and play versions for my old job, but it just seems to me that the controller in no way was meant for this game. There are times that I don't know which way to play, control stick or dpad. Seems both are just bad for it. I have heard that the D-Pad has always been bad on the 360 but I haven't felt the fusteration till today. I can't even do a dragon punch!

use a stick and shut up

The dpad is terrible. It's great that i still have my DoA stick :).

Get a Hori X360 stick, its the only way to really play something like SF well, and pull off the moves you want to do the best.

Yeah the D-Pad sucks man, get the PS3 version ; )

I tried using the D-pad at first and it was terrible.. I thought i could get through it but nope.

Then I started using the analog stick and immediately noticed a huge improvement.. 

Hori sticks are pretty expensive tho i do want to invest in them.

It might be worth the investment especially with the few fighting games plus Street Fighter IV next year. I just wish I had a better control pad. Are there any out there for 360?

I don't know if it's either the controller or just a testament to my lack of skill, but I've found it very hard to do charge attacks on the 360. Back charges I can whip out most of the time but down charges are the bane of my existence...which is pretty frustrating seeing as DeeJay is my go to character (with Fei Long as a second).

Either get the sticks or get the PS3 version.

I use the analogue stick, its works fine.

I'm not sure if my controllers' d-pads have got worse with time but they only respond right about 4 times in 5 for something like weapon selecting in gears, so SF is completely unplayable with them. I've switched to using left stick, which works okayish for some characters but pretty well limits selection.

For anyone who can't justify the cost of a stick, Mad Catz has a wired 360 gamepad that reviewed pretty well and the d-pad looks like a standard snes-like pad. I swore I'd never buy another cheap third-party controller, but I have to say I'm liking HD remix enough to consider picking one up.

StaticFalconar said:
    "Either get the sticks or get the PS3 version."
    yup. i had to get the PS3 version for the d-pad alone. the 360's d-pad is the worst. that's why i bought Soul Calibur IV for PS3 as well.

The 360's d-pad is probably worse than the Atari 5200 controller.  Well...it's close.

The Hori sticks aren't perfect, but they're only $50 new - less than a new wireles controller.

I have more luck with the 360's joystick than I do with the terrible D-pad.

foxhound421 said:
    "StaticFalconar said:
    "Either get the sticks or get the PS3 version."
    yup. i had to get the PS3 version for the d-pad alone. the 360's d-pad is the worst. that's why i bought Soul Calibur IV for PS3 as well."
    If you're going to pick up Street Fighter IV and Tekken 6 then sticks sound the best way.

I have a PS3 and considering the number of fighters coming out I'm still considering getting a stick. It's just that much better.

For fighting games like Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 the 360's d-pad is quiete frustrating, but when I played a little of HD Remix I found that using the analog stick worked better than in MK.

Yeah get a Hori, or wait for SFIV to come out, and get the arcade stick version of that!!

d-pad sucks, but I don't have a problem with the analog stick.

All the SFIV sticks look awesome.
    pimp- http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Street-Fighter-IV-FightPad/dp/B001M241KU/ref=pd_sim_vg_2
    pimper- http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Fighter-IV-FightStick/dp/B001M22VCU/ref=pd_sim_vg_5
    pimpest- http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-FightStick-Tournament-Playstation-3/dp/B001M22WN8/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_text_b

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.

Loading More Images