Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Arkansas Armageddon - The Best Tournament Thingy in Arkansas

Majinken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Majinken

A.K.A. The only thing happening in Arkansas.

Ar2
     Ar2

We're planning a tournament, Arkansas Armageddon, slated for June 27th in Bentonville, Arkansas. So far we're still just a club run out of the local community college, but we're looking at potential sponsors and venues in hopes of growing into something significant. We're also poking into the legality of cash prizes and other incentives. To the best of my knowledge, video games =/= not games of chance = cash prizes totally legal. In that case, a $5 entry fee with cash pot is completely feasible. The more people that show interest and can come, the higher the stakes'll get. Anyone is welcome and there are many fairly nice hotels in Bentonville, but I'd advise against paying a lot of money in hopes of making it back, at least this first year. It's planned as a one all day event. Food will be free!

Schedule:

1v1

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Mortal Kombat 9,
    Marvel vs Capcom 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl,
    Tekken 6

2v2

Halo: Reach

Fighting games will be played on PS3, so take that into consideration when bringing sticks or controllers. (Converter lag made me decide against buying one.) Reach will be played on two 360s on two opposite facing TVs. Also scheduled is a Zelda speed run contest with OoT 3DS as a prize. More details will come to light at the event.

Time: June 27th, 10 AM to Finish

Location: Northwest Arkansas Community College's Student Center, 1 College Drive, Bentonville, Arkansas

Last Day to Enter: June 15th

Email EternalAvalon@gmail.com to enter. Entry fees will be collected at the door.

For those more visual, tl;dr, here's a trailer-ma-jig I made.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6_w3fagsXM

Facebook Event Page:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=220500184631606

Feel free to ask me any questions, or make suggestions. Both are appreciated. = ) This tournament's been in the works for roughly 2 years and every effort is being made to make it the most professionally run gaming event in the area. The local competition is no slouch, either, with a fair number of Tekken, Smash Bros, and Halo players itching for a challenge. We want to give the area and those around us the environment it needs to grow as a competitive community.
    Majinken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Majinken

A.K.A. The only thing happening in Arkansas.

Ar2
     Ar2

We're planning a tournament, Arkansas Armageddon, slated for June 27th in Bentonville, Arkansas. So far we're still just a club run out of the local community college, but we're looking at potential sponsors and venues in hopes of growing into something significant. We're also poking into the legality of cash prizes and other incentives. To the best of my knowledge, video games =/= not games of chance = cash prizes totally legal. In that case, a $5 entry fee with cash pot is completely feasible. The more people that show interest and can come, the higher the stakes'll get. Anyone is welcome and there are many fairly nice hotels in Bentonville, but I'd advise against paying a lot of money in hopes of making it back, at least this first year. It's planned as a one all day event. Food will be free!

Schedule:

1v1

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Mortal Kombat 9,
    Marvel vs Capcom 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl,
    Tekken 6

2v2

Halo: Reach

Fighting games will be played on PS3, so take that into consideration when bringing sticks or controllers. (Converter lag made me decide against buying one.) Reach will be played on two 360s on two opposite facing TVs. Also scheduled is a Zelda speed run contest with OoT 3DS as a prize. More details will come to light at the event.

Time: June 27th, 10 AM to Finish

Location: Northwest Arkansas Community College's Student Center, 1 College Drive, Bentonville, Arkansas

Last Day to Enter: June 15th

Email EternalAvalon@gmail.com to enter. Entry fees will be collected at the door.

For those more visual, tl;dr, here's a trailer-ma-jig I made.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6_w3fagsXM

Facebook Event Page:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=220500184631606

Feel free to ask me any questions, or make suggestions. Both are appreciated. = ) This tournament's been in the works for roughly 2 years and every effort is being made to make it the most professionally run gaming event in the area. The local competition is no slouch, either, with a fair number of Tekken, Smash Bros, and Halo players itching for a challenge. We want to give the area and those around us the environment it needs to grow as a competitive community.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Have you posted this in the Arkansas SRK page? I personally am friends with a bunch of guys from there and I know for a fact that they would be interested in going to this and maybe helping you get everything planned out.

SRK is down at the moment or I would link you to the thread. Ill do so when the site is back up.
    Majinken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Majinken
    @SpecialBuddy: I wasn't aware of it. Guess I should be lurking SRK more. Thanks for the input!
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64
    @Majinken: I seen SRK is down right now for maintenance for a few days.  When it's back up, you should totally post it there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.