Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

i hate the tier lists

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tunaburn

I got on tonight for the first time after the new tier list came out. And i literally played against 6 guiles in a row. 

7 out of 10 games were against guiles. I have to suspect its because he was number one on the new tier list.

Is it always like that when the tier lists come out? Do most people run towards whoever the list says is best?

I main Gouken by the way.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Lukeweizer

I <3 Gouken.

I'd imagine that's all it is. Wait till another Tier C character beats Justin Wong, then they'll be all the rage again.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai

YA BRO FUCKING TIER LISTS

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By demontium

TA4Q you say?

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By ReyGitano

I love Tier lists. People follow them without knowing what makes characters place high or low, so they just end up playing top tier characters without knowing how to play properly.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By JJOR64
    @SlashseveN303 said:

" I love Tier lists. People follow them without knowing what makes characters place high or low, so they just end up playing top tier characters without knowing how to play properly. "

That happened in vanilla.  I fought so many fucking Sagats in that game it's ridiculous.
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tunaburn
    @SlashseveN303 said:
    " I love Tier lists. People follow them without knowing what makes characters place high or low, so they just end up playing top tier characters without knowing how to play properly. "
    Yea i beat 5 out of 6 of the guiles i fought in a row. They all did the same exact thing. Gouken should not be bottom tier to me. He has a lot of great tactics and his ultra is super easy to do.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By lordofultima

I don't think the tier list has anything to do with more people picking Guile. It's probably the sunglasses. How many characters have a sunglasses move? This move obviously made him godlike as I predicted ages ago.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By DjCmeP
    @lordofultima said:
    " I don't think the tier list has anything to do with more people picking Guile. It's probably the sunglasses. How many characters have a sunglasses move? This move obviously made him godlike as I predicted ages ago. "
    This.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jack268

I love tier lists cause then I can blame them when I get my ass handed to me. 

Anyway I find it riddicolous that people still follow tier lists around, Gamerbee sent a clear message at EVO saying that people can play any character at top level if they dedicate, and most people misunderstood it as "OMG ADON IS GOD TIER"

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By gosukiller
    @lordofultima said:
    " I don't think the tier list has anything to do with more people picking Guile. It's probably the sunglasses. How many characters have a sunglasses move? This move obviously made him godlike as I predicted ages ago. "
    The main thing I hate about Guile is the lack of recovery frames on the sunglasses move. He can spam that shit all day and there is nothing I can do about it!
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By AniMoney
    @Jack268 said:
    " I love tier lists cause then I can blame them when I get my ass handed to me.  Anyway I find it riddicolous that people still follow tier lists around, Gamerbee sent a clear message at EVO saying that people can play any character at top level if they dedicate, and most people misunderstood it as "OMG ADON IS GOD TIER" "
    Actually I think he was so successful because USA had no matchup knowledge against Adon, no top players play him here. Gamerbee's a great player, not taking anything away from him, but he won't have it as easy next time. People will learn the matchup. Same thing happened with Gen in vanilla, people got blown up by yeb and jibbo but over time they had to work a lot harder.
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tunaburn

well i actually started out using guile when i first got the game. since thats who i used in sf2 and  MVC2. but lately have been rotating between gouken and dhalsim. i such with dhalsim but when i do get those wins it feels great.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallen189

I think it's very easy for people to fall into this as an excuse for losing.

Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Heartbreak

Why isn't Ryu top tier so we can redirect our top tier hate for him?

Doubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Doubt

Tier lists are just there for people to know who to use. for the weaaak maaan. 

I use Gen, even though he does kinda suck.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
    deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jack268 said:
    " I love tier lists cause then I can blame them when I get my ass handed to me.  Anyway I find it riddicolous that people still follow tier lists around, Gamerbee sent a clear message at EVO saying that people can play any character at top level if they dedicate, and most people misunderstood it as "OMG ADON IS GOD TIER" "
    actually, adon isnt that awesome.

you need to have godlike execution skills. I dare say he is harder to master than viper.
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Is that what happened? I was wondering why I was facing so many Guiles and M. Bisons (Dictator) today... 

I main Bison, he's been my main guy since Turbo. It kinda sucks ass when I meet another Bison player and they just picked him because "rofl head stomp". Tier players need to realise that anyone in the game is a tough opponent if you know the tactics and when to use them. 

That and nobody picks Bison, ever. Why they gotta front on him now?

Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Skogen
    @KingWilly said:
    "That and nobody picks Bison, ever. Why they gotta front on him now? "
    I see Bisons quite often, and there was a huge boom a couple months ago after NorCal Regionals when Andy OCR beat JWong.
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Did he now? That's good. I'm glad Bison is getting some love in the tournament scene.  

Still, I've run across maybe 1 Dictator in every 150 matches in both Vanilla and Super.

Majinken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Majinken

I just play who I feel like playing. Tiers be damned. It just so happens I've been enjoying learning Guile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.