Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

i thought its gonnabe 10 new character total? why 9?

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

i thought its gonnabe 10 new character total? why 9?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

...Did you watch the end of the most recent trailer? It is a blatant teaser for Hakan, the last new character. Capcom PR just enjoys milking the game for all it's worth. Expect a new trailer in like a month or so where they officially reveal him.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

oh. so you mean they like to say  stuff right away? like last time i heard its 8 new... now 10 new..... now latest vid i watch that show ibuki and makoto says 9. so its still gonabe 10 but not reveal yet.

hey! and what about this? i saw this while googling "hakan" 
    http://img20.imageshack.us/i/18streamshot05.jpg/ it shows character select and it has 9 slots in the new slot area. so its really 9?  oh not 9 its 8... cause the questionmark dont count. now wtf? thats creenshot must be old and not accurated then since now its 9 new char. blah blha.

and whos hakan? i dont remmeber him. is he newly created for super sf4?

they say "now we have 9 new warirors" it does sound like they having more. they have 9 right now.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Ugh, dude get a clue.

1. Dudley
    2. Ibuki
    3. Makoto
    4. Adon
    5. T. Hawk
    6. Juri
    7. Cody
    8. Guy
    9. Dee Jay
    10. Hakan (completely new, oil based character)

If any others are revealed in addition, they're completely unexpected.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar

they aren't done yet

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By lordofultima

We have 9 new characters now, it's exactly as they said. They will unveil the last character (who the trailer hints at 2:40, grappler who loves oil) at a later date.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " Ugh, dude get a clue.

1. Dudley
    2. Ibuki
    3. Makoto
    4. Adon
    5. T. Hawk
    6. Juri
    7. Cody
    8. Guy
    9. Dee Jay
    10. Hakan (completely new, oil based character)
     If any others are revealed in addition, they're completely unexpected. "
    This.
    baelrrogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By baelrrogg
    @AnnouncerGXZ: BTW there are 10 new char slots on that pic...adon, cody, t.hawk , dee jay, guy and Juri are already there and 3 slots open for the 3s guys with another slot open for hakan most likely
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Jeffsekai

:(

Avatar image for elhijodelironsheik
    ElHijoDelIronSheik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he doesnt LOVE oil....he is an Oil Wrestler. 
    educate yourself.... 
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yağlı_güreş  
    you grease yourself up from the naval down and win by gaining an effective hold of your opponents pants.
    This is why he says "Time to get Oiled Up" 

the guy will prolly be from Turkey, have a shaved head, a handlebar mustache and wear dark colored capris

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Scooper
    @ElHijoDelIronSheik said:
    " he doesnt LOVE oil....he is an Oil Wrestler. educate yourself....  "
    Wow. I'm sorry.

Educate yourself, son!
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By AniMoney

Maybe he is made of oil.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lordofultima
    " he doesnt LOVE oil....he is an Oil Wrestler. educate yourself.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yağlı_güreş  you grease yourself up from the naval down and win by gaining an effective hold of your opponents pants.This is why he says "Time to get Oiled Up"  the guy will prolly be from Turkey, have a shaved head, a handlebar mustache and wear dark colored capris "
    Guess you know all about Hakan then, right? Caus' we've totally seen him. Sounds like he loves oil to me, how else could you perform covered in oil? You couldn't perhaps think that the reports indicating that he's an Arabic fighter who loves oil, lead us to believe he loves oil? EDUCATE YOURSELF.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @lordofultima said:
    " @ElHijoDelIronSheik said:
    " he doesnt LOVE oil....he is an Oil Wrestler. educate yourself.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yağlı_güreş  you grease yourself up from the naval down and win by gaining an effective hold of your opponents pants.This is why he says "Time to get Oiled Up"  the guy will prolly be from Turkey, have a shaved head, a handlebar mustache and wear dark colored capris "
    Guess you know all about Hakan then, right? Caus' we've totally seen him. Sounds like he loves oil to me, how else could you perform covered in oil? You couldn't perhaps think that the reports indicating that he's an Arabic fighter who loves oil, lead us to believe he loves oil? EDUCATE YOURSELF. "
    Well, maybe it doesn't mean that he necessarily loves oil.  I mean, Sub Zero doesn't love ice, it's just a part of his being.
    copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By copycatzen
    "he doesnt LOVE oil....he is an Oil Wrestler. educate yourself.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yağlı_güreş  you grease yourself up from the naval down and win by gaining an effective hold of your opponents pants.This is why he says "Time to get Oiled Up"  the guy will prolly be from Turkey, have a shaved head, a handlebar mustache and wear dark colored capris "

Bajale de webos compa, no tienes que hacerte el listo con los demas.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Luke

Could this be Hakan, underneath the Blanka figurine?  

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lordofultima
    @FluxWaveZ said:

" @lordofultima said:

" @ElHijoDelIronSheik said:
    Guess you know all about Hakan then, right? Caus' we've totally seen him. Sounds like he loves oil to me, how else could you perform covered in oil? You couldn't perhaps think that the reports indicating that he's an Arabic fighter who loves oil, lead us to believe he loves oil? EDUCATE YOURSELF. "
    Well, maybe it doesn't mean that he necessarily loves oil.  I mean, Sub Zero doesn't love ice, it's just a part of his being. "
    And how do you know he doesn't love ice? I love ice already and I don't shoot it out of my hands. I'd probably love it more if I did. Don't tell me scorpion doesn't love breathing fire now. 

@Luke: Yeah that is the supposed Hakan. Definitely looks like he has slicked back white hair, not a turban or anything.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @lordofultima said:
    " And how do you know he doesn't love ice? I love ice already and I don't shoot it out of my hands. I'd probably love it more if I did. Don't tell me scorpion doesn't love breathing fire now. "
    Hm, good point.  Hakan must be one messed up dude if he enjoys being covered in oil, though.
    masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By masterherocard

My guess is Hakan not only loves oil, but also loves terrible jokes. 
    At least, that's what it sounded like to me when I heard his voice.
    sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By sfighter21

All I know is, if that guy's opening sequence has him ride into the fight on a magic carpet, I'm SOLD!  I will main that guy!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By jakob187
    ...and cause unnecessary controversy that leads to a ban of Street Fighter in the Middle East and such.
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By I_smell
    Oh cool, I hadn't thought of that. I thought he was like a rich arabian oil barran. This makes way more sense.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Luke

What if they made Hakan immune to throws, because he's too slippery... hmmm? 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pause422

There is 10.

masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By masterherocard
    @Luke:
    They'd have to weaken him a bit if they did that, but it'd be an interesting trick.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Luke
    @masterherocard said:
    " @Luke: They'd have to weaken him a bit if they did that, but it'd be an interesting trick. "
    Yeah, if they did do anything like this it would totally have to be balanced.  It probably wouldn't work with command throws, because than some characters would have a super tough time against Hakan.  Capcom may have even tried it during development, and then decided against it... I mean, I would at least try it if I was working on the game :p 
    Avatar image for elhijodelironsheik
    ElHijoDelIronSheik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofultima: Merely speculation on my part. Just like you were speculating about his love of oil. I was simply pointing out that everyone saying hes arabic and loves oil, everyone is picturing an incredibly offensive character w/ a turban and full beard, wearing a brown robe and curled up toes on his shoes.   
    Saying he loves oil is like saying Balrog loves boxing gloves. Its regulation in the sport, whether you think its weird or not. If you notice the oil at the end of the trailer is not black and shooting out of the ground, its clear and goldish, more of an oil used for lubrication. Being a Turkish Oil Wrestler makes a little more sense, as its a fighting style that could actually be incorporated into his fighting style.
    McPlated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By McPlated
    Why does he have to have a turban - why not give him the same hair cut Chris Tucker had in the Fifth Element ( http://www.movieactors.com/freeseframes-1026/FifthElement187.jpeg

And while we are at why don't we not give him the ability to cover himself in oil by doing the SRK motion + K because you know - that would be fun yea? 

Even more fun would be to make his QCF + P a dive in which his oiled body slides across the ground and knocks people down - and can finish off with a butt slam - YEA FUN! 

Speaking of butt slam he should be friends with E Honda, and by friends I mean rivals. 

Finally he should have his second ultra be where he douses himself in even more oil and lays on his back because you know...it's fun...
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lordofultima

Bold text is being typed here

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.