Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Makoto Changes

Avatar image for antoinediamonds
    AntoineDiamonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By AntoineDiamonds

i gotta say the Mak transition did not go well. everything changed about her..she walks like she has a stick up her ***. karakusa range is shorter then her hands :(. but it's so much fun to play her. when I beat someone with Makoto it feels awesome..don't get me wrong i've lost to scrubs because of fireball spamming shoryuken wakeup everytime bull. I have to say the BIGGEST upset is there is NO hayate TAUNT! that had to be the first thing I tried to do when I played ssf4 for the first time. Almost made me cry. there are only three things I want changed..karakusa start up a bit quicker or recovery better and more range..at least to where her hands go. hayate recovery better..I can't stand a blocked hayate into thawk grab *sigh*. and the hayate taunt..for the love of whoever you pray too. pray they add the hayate taunt! you'll understand when you use it!

Avatar image for antoinediamonds
    AntoineDiamonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AntoineDiamonds

i gotta say the Mak transition did not go well. everything changed about her..she walks like she has a stick up her ***. karakusa range is shorter then her hands :(. but it's so much fun to play her. when I beat someone with Makoto it feels awesome..don't get me wrong i've lost to scrubs because of fireball spamming shoryuken wakeup everytime bull. I have to say the BIGGEST upset is there is NO hayate TAUNT! that had to be the first thing I tried to do when I played ssf4 for the first time. Almost made me cry. there are only three things I want changed..karakusa start up a bit quicker or recovery better and more range..at least to where her hands go. hayate recovery better..I can't stand a blocked hayate into thawk grab *sigh*. and the hayate taunt..for the love of whoever you pray too. pray they add the hayate taunt! you'll understand when you use it!

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lilbigsupermario

what's the hayate taunt? 

Makoto really is a difficult character to use, but since I started using her in SSFIV, I couldn't let go of her!  She's my fave character in SSFIV!  I mean, there are a lot of frustrating times, but winning against a good opponent using Makoto makes me feel really great hehe!  In terms of her being really bad when transitioned to SSFIV from SFIII, I really can't say because after seeing VRyu Sensei's Makoto on Youtube (via eventhubs.com), Makoto actually looks a lot better as long as she's used the right way.  Based on how I use her, she really needs a lot of mind game playing in terms of strategy, I guess that's what makes it more fun. :)

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By demontium
    @AntoineDiamonds: I do not believe in tiers for one reason: we are not robots. We can learn and formulate strategies uniquely, especially with characters like Makoto.

True skill always wins, and some wierd guy who only plays on XBL once in a while will come to a tourney and sweep it with Dan.  

Makoto is actually a great character, we just haven't seen enough people using her. Once one of the big players uses her, we will see a lot of cool shit. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.