Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

special move and other combo help

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By lord_canti

ive been playing cammy solidly since standard street fighter came out, but due to having my ass handed to me at a tournement resently ive desided to change mains. ive gotten to like playing as dee jay but as people ive played as in the past have all been quarter/half turn based ive never needed to  learn the other symbols  in the move list . i know the white arrows mean to hold it in that position for 3 seconds and the black one meens a quick tap but dee jays ultras confuse me, is ther a guide that tells me what they mean as all the guides ive found seem to think that this is knolage i should know going in.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By craigbo180

He is basically what is referred to as a charge character. I'm sure you could find some youtube videos to get your timing down and how to work them into your combos. Also you can find guides for all the different characters online.

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bravestar

The symbol for charge ultras is stupid and really confused me too. Also you only have to hold back 2 seconds to do a charge special. You do charge ultras by doing the normal charge move, back(or down-back) for 2 seconds, then forward, and you add another quick back-forward to that. So it's back-forward-back-forward.

edit: just thought of something else for charge characters/Dee Jay:
    Dee Jay's ultra 2 motion is down-back(2seconds), down-forward, down-back, up-forward. But it also works when you do down-back(2s), down-forward, down-back, up-back, which is an easier motion in my opinion.
    You can also cancel his double rolling sobat(back forward kick) into his super by doing back forward kick again. You could cancel the air slasher(back forward punch) into his super too, but you have to stand really close and it's not as easy or practical.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.