Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

SSF4 Live Video Game Tournament in Philadelphia

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CoachChris10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CoachChris10

How's it going fellas?  I currently throw Video Game Tournaments for Madden and am looking to branch out and do other games such as SSF4.  I am located in the Philadelphia area.  I am looking forward to getting it started up here in Philadelphia.  Now the tournaments are not for me, so tell me what you guys are looking for in a tournament?  For my Madden tournaments, I average a payout of $1000 to the winner.  I know SSF4 is bigger than Madden, so I am hoping to give you guys much more money than that.  How many guys here are from the Philadelphia area or surrounding areas? Unlike most of the other tournament directors, I do not put a cap on how much money can be won at our events.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By lordofultima
    @CoachChris10 said:

"    How's it going fellas?  I currently throw Video Game Tournaments for Madden and am looking to branch out and do other games such as SSF4.  I am located in the Philadelphia area.  I am looking forward to getting it started up here in Philadelphia.  Now the tournaments are not for me, so tell me what you guys are looking for in a tournament?  For my Madden tournaments, I average a payout of $1000 to the winner.  I know SSF4 is bigger than Madden, so I am hoping to give you guys much more money than that.  How many guys here are from the Philadelphia area or surrounding areas? Unlike most of the other tournament directors, I do not put a cap on how much money can be won at our events. "

SSFIV is not bigger than madden, I refuse to believe this. Madden is televised and culturally acceptable to the mainstream. There's already a big tournament scene in the new england states for SSFIV, so you'll have quite a reputation to uphold. If you don't have any sponsors or anything like that I don't know how you could get $1,000+ for a pot, even in madden. 

I also don't think there's a cap for money you can make at an SSFIV event, the prize money hasn't been nearly high enough in any tournament to warrant that. East Coast Throwdown 2 had a pot of like $3800, which seems to be the biggest in my recent memory, of course that's split three ways between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
    Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Gambit

he made this same post in the street fighter 4 forum and modern warfare 2 forum.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By napalm

These faggots need to stop blast spamming our forum. I'm sorry, but this shit is annoying.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By lordofultima

It's mysterious because I definitely locked this thread and now it's unlocked. Weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.