Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Super Street Fighter IV Images, Info Leaks

• 127 results
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff

Capcom Japan is running a teaser site with "newwarrior" in the URL, and it's little more than a quick Flash animation that lets you know its related to Street Fighter and an invitation to return at 5PM on the 29th (Japan time) to see what's up.

But thanks to a persistent series of very legit-looking leaks, I'm just going to go ahead and assume that the teaser site is counting down to the announcement of something called Super Street Fighter IV, which is a new version of Capcom's fighting game that, if the available info is accurate, will add new characters and moves to the mix. Here's a shot of one of the new characters, Juri:

No Caption Provided
    Eight shots have been posted by French site JV247... because when things leak out ahead of schedule, it's either going to be France or Germany. OK, fine, I'm generalizing, I've certainly seen leaks out of Norway... but it's almost always Europe. I swear, it's like they're totally lawless over there when it comes to this stuff.

But enough about that. The game will also feature T.Hawk as a playable character. Additionally, these screenshots match up with a list of supposed features compiled by EventHubs last week, which specifically mentions both of these new characters, along with other existing characters like Dee Jay, Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, Adon, Cody, and Guy. Another new character named Hakan is also listed in the EventHubs article. Assuming this release will find its way back into arcades, this would also be a good time for Capcom to put the console-only characters from SFIV into the arcade release, giving that version Dan, Fei Long, Cammy, Sakura, and so on. But there's no real platform information out there yet, so we'll have to hold tight to see what the release plans are.

Gameplay changes are said to include two Ultras per character, the return of bonus stages, and more. Of course, this is all totally unverified, but with the images coming out and sort of backing up the list, I guess I'm willing to put a little stock in it.

Combine all this with a picture of someone posing with Capcom's Yoshinori Ono that shows bits of Super Street Fighter IV in the background and also sports a GamePro Germany watermark, and my guess is that Capcom held an event to show SSFIV to international press under embargo during the Tokyo Game Show last week and that official details will be hitting all over the place once that Capcom teaser site launches. Again, that's just a guess.

Or hey, maybe all of this info is fake and the screenshots are doctored! Stranger things have happened, right?
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff

Capcom Japan is running a teaser site with "newwarrior" in the URL, and it's little more than a quick Flash animation that lets you know its related to Street Fighter and an invitation to return at 5PM on the 29th (Japan time) to see what's up.

But thanks to a persistent series of very legit-looking leaks, I'm just going to go ahead and assume that the teaser site is counting down to the announcement of something called Super Street Fighter IV, which is a new version of Capcom's fighting game that, if the available info is accurate, will add new characters and moves to the mix. Here's a shot of one of the new characters, Juri:

No Caption Provided
    Eight shots have been posted by French site JV247... because when things leak out ahead of schedule, it's either going to be France or Germany. OK, fine, I'm generalizing, I've certainly seen leaks out of Norway... but it's almost always Europe. I swear, it's like they're totally lawless over there when it comes to this stuff.

But enough about that. The game will also feature T.Hawk as a playable character. Additionally, these screenshots match up with a list of supposed features compiled by EventHubs last week, which specifically mentions both of these new characters, along with other existing characters like Dee Jay, Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, Adon, Cody, and Guy. Another new character named Hakan is also listed in the EventHubs article. Assuming this release will find its way back into arcades, this would also be a good time for Capcom to put the console-only characters from SFIV into the arcade release, giving that version Dan, Fei Long, Cammy, Sakura, and so on. But there's no real platform information out there yet, so we'll have to hold tight to see what the release plans are.

Gameplay changes are said to include two Ultras per character, the return of bonus stages, and more. Of course, this is all totally unverified, but with the images coming out and sort of backing up the list, I guess I'm willing to put a little stock in it.

Combine all this with a picture of someone posing with Capcom's Yoshinori Ono that shows bits of Super Street Fighter IV in the background and also sports a GamePro Germany watermark, and my guess is that Capcom held an event to show SSFIV to international press under embargo during the Tokyo Game Show last week and that official details will be hitting all over the place once that Capcom teaser site launches. Again, that's just a guess.

Or hey, maybe all of this info is fake and the screenshots are doctored! Stranger things have happened, right?
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Red

Meh. This being the biggest news from TGS is pretty bad.

VashTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By VashTS

I really hope that this is DLC.
    AllanIceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AllanIceman

I really need to get one of those pads.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate

I wouldnt mind a new release - as i was gonna pick it up for 360 as well anywya 

However i would be all for it being cheap dlc - between this and the probably new disc resi 5 directors cut, capcom really could get me to buy the same game multiple times here :(

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ahriman22

Ooh, Ibuki. She's my favorite character from SF3. I love that game.

Tirrandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Tirrandir

I don't think this is the same world it once was.  You could probably sell SSFIV in Japan, but is anyone in America seriously going to fork over ANOTHER $60 for this?  Because either you already got SFIV or you don't care, at this point.  So ... DLC or nothing, as far as I'm concerned.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Chokobo

O_o  That doesn't look like Vega to me.

Blueblur1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Blueblur1

GAF is all over this. It looks good so far.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RsistncE
    @Red said:
    " Meh. This being the biggest news from TGS is pretty bad. "
    Yep. Amazing guys...it's Street Fighter 4 (which was meh as is) with more characters. This somehow justifies a new full priced release. Yeah, go fuck yourselves Capcom. Good thing Japanese games are slowly being overtaken by Western games.
    Figcoinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Figcoinc

DUDLEY DUDLEY DUDLEY.........PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*POINTS TO AVATAR*

CROSS-COUNTA!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NO DIGNITY!!!!!!

DDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please...

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By killroycantkill

I hope they bring out different options to get this. A disk for people that don't already have the game and DLC for people that already do. Super rad that they are bringing all this new stuff but I still think T. Hawk is super lame.

Avatar image for DELETE_zeushbien
    Zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By Zeushbien
    @Chokobo: He is called Vega in Japan.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scooper

Can't wait. I want new characters to learn.

@Chokobo said:

" O_o  That doesn't look like Vega to me. "
    Bison here is called Vega in Japan. I call him Vega though, too.
    brent_kukost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By brent_kukost

Why you gotta hate on Norway? It's fucking cold up here bitch! Don't need this snark all up in my shit!

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZeroCast
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Red said:
    " Meh. This being the biggest news from TGS is pretty bad. "
    Yep. Amazing guys...it's Street Fighter 4 (which was meh as is) with more characters. This somehow justifies a new full priced release. Yeah, go fuck yourselves Capcom. Good thing Japanese games are slowly being overtaken by Western games. "

I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Diamond

I don't really like the EventHubs SSF4 roster...

Duffyside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Duffyside

I hope Capcom will release this as DLC. Maybe pack it in with the costume packs and charge 20, MAYBE 30 bucks for it. But I will not buy SFIV again. 

... Unless it were bundled with a good stick at a decent price. This would also be acceptable.

Sneaky_Gopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By Sneaky_Gopher

I hope i don't have to keep buying Street Fighter games every 8 months in order to keep up with the series. Basically i'm referring to every Street Fighter game ever. Thats why the series got lost with me up until 4. IF the game gets subtitled, i'm done with it.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chokobo
    @Zeushbien:@Scooper: Ah, thanks fellas.
    Figcoinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Figcoinc
    @MrMiyagi: 

Except for N. America the end bosses names (except for Sagat) were mixed up.

N. America      Pretty much everywhere else

M. Bison     =    Vega
    Vega           =    Balrog
    Balrog        =    M Bison

So if you go to a major fighting game forum (Shoryuken being the biggest for Street Fighter) you will see that people refer to these characters as Dictator, Claw, and Boxer.  That way everyone knows who they are talking about.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Thrawn1

I tried to add Super Street Fighter IV to the wiki yesterday and I was denied because it was a "rumor."

Tortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tortoise

Remove Seth from the game in the process and maybe we'll talk. Actually, since I'm making demands can I have new costumes for every character too, because I'm not paying the stupid money you're asking for them as DLC.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I REFUSE TO COMMENT ON RUMOUR AND SPECULATION

But seriously, I fucking hate T.Hawk.
    brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By brydello
    @Figcoinc: Ah, thank you sir.
    stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By stinky

i'm not buying this unless they add "Turbo" to the title. 

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zippedbinders

This makes me kind of glad I held off on SFIV, I was pretty much banking on the fact that they'd continue the trend of updated versions. Plus, if its all true, Dudley as an addition is quite awesome, nothing like some top notch gentlemen boxing. Dudley vs Balrog (or M. Bison, whichevs)!

9mmfistcuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 9mmfistcuffs

damnit, why no Alex?

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mnzy
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jeffsekai

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By coonce

siiickkkk!!!!!!!

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NathanXplosion

If this is all true, there is no way in hell this will be DLC and your kidding yourself if you think it will be. This will be a arcade release that we probably won't see a home version of till late 2010/early 2011. I never understood peoples complaints about the constant upgrades to the Street Fighter series. It's not like Capcom has a gun to your head and will pull the trigger if you don't buy it.

babz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By babz

lmao yea us in the EU are totally lawless.... watch-out!
    kinda feel proud...........

Det1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Det1
    @MrMiyagi said:
    " Vega? That's M Bison.  Fake. "
    brb rage
    babz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By babz

also i think there is some kind of video reveal at 6 today on that French site!!!

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By Farley_Lives

Smells like title update to me.  It's a lot of content for DLC, and this way Capcom gets to add new all the new characters, game mechanics, and maybe some achievements/trophies without having to put out a new retail product.

Could work like Burnout Paradise does. Title update comes out, everyone gets it, but you have to pay if you want to use to the content.

babz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By babz
    @MrMiyagi said:

His name is Vega in Japan, because back in the day M.Bison (balrog) sounded like Mike Tyson!!!  so they had to juggle around 3 of the boss characters names because of copyright stuff....

ooooooo and READ THE COMMENT BEFORE POSTING as everyone has already pointed out why......
    that why you wont sound like a fool!!
    Splitterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 78

#38  Edited By Splitterguy

Whaaaaat?  I already put 100 hours into SF4, and I'm totally willing to put 100 more hours into this.  Is that sad?

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#39  Edited By Symphony

Juri looks like an interesting character. I wonder if she'll play anything like Tekken's Xiaoyu.. from that screenie she's certainly flexible, so I'm going out on a limb and guessing she's a fast, agile type... 

She also seems to be a kicker like Chun, so maybe they have a similar style. If so, I'll be learning how to use her ASAP. In any event looking forward to it! For those who cry foul about it being a brand new game... you must have not been born back when Street Fighter 2 Turbo hit the SNES for about $100, then shortly after Super Street Fighter 2 hit the SNES for $100+. 

Welcome to the Street Fighter franchise.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By JJOR64

I just jizzed in my pants.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NathanXplosion
    @Splitterguy said:

" Whaaaaat?  I already put 100 hours into SF4, and I'm totally willing to put 100 more hours into this.  Is that sad? "

That's not sad at all. I put in just about 300 hours into SF4 since it came out, and like you I would totally put that into Super SF4. Since I don't have as much money for games as I used to it's just cheaper to put more time into one or two games a year.
    doctorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By doctorchin
    @VashTS said:
    " I really hope that this is DLC. "
    Same, i will be pretty pissed if i find out my Street Fighter IV copy is already becoming redundant.
    freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By freakin
    @NathanXplosion said:
    " If this is all true, there is no way in hell this will be DLC and your kidding yourself if you think it will be. This will be a arcade release that we probably won't see a home version of till late 2010/early 2011. I never understood peoples complaints about the constant upgrades to the Street Fighter series. It's not like Capcom has a gun to your head and will pull the trigger if you don't buy it. "
    If you think Capcom is that foolish you are kidding yourself.  Noone is going to buy a new game that is pretty similar to their current one, not when they already have all the big names in the current version.  But those same people would no doubt buy the same stuff as add-on content.  I'm sure there will be a Super SF4 in stores, but it will still be add on content for the current game, and probably pretty expensive.
    ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

finally i will be able to kick ass with dee-jay once again!

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By rjaylee
    @NathanXplosion said:
    "If this is all true, there is no way in hell this will be DLC and your kidding yourself if you think it will be. This will be a arcade release that we probably won't see a home version of till late 2010/early 2011. I never understood peoples complaints about the constant upgrades to the Street Fighter series. It's not like Capcom has a gun to your head and will pull the trigger if you don't buy it. "

While yes, I agree that free market dictates they can sell this however they want, you can't deny that they would have weighed the option to sell as a DLC. But yes, I do agree that in reverse, the free market dictates we have the choice of purchasing or not.

However, there's a ton of positives for selling this as a DLC, but clear and apparent reasons such as cheaper distribution costs (no need to re-market as many assets or create things like new boxes or print DVD's), and higher value to the customer and wider positive customer opinion (contrast it to the amount of negative opinions if it WASN'T a DLC pack from just this message board alone). 

Even if it was sold as a fully boxed product, you can speculate that yes, this won't see a home version release until at the earliest mid-2010, meaning that is plenty of time to develop and add a lot more value to the customer with worthwhile features for the console versions on top of just a set of new characters and gameplay tweaks, such as things that the arcade version cannot support - eg. the challenge modes. 

Basically what I'm saying, is people need to shut the fuck up and stop getting their panties into bunches, and speculate something worthwhile about leaked semi-confirmed rumors rather than just complaining like assholes.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By John1912

New moves?  Hope they give a new ultra or super to chars who have the same ultra/super.  Doubt it, but would be nice.
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By AURON570

i can't connect with jv247.com maybe they're being flooded?

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
    @MrMiyagi said:
    wow.... 

chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By chewii101

This better be DLC content. If I have to buy a separate CD for this (and perhaps a full 69.99? CAD) I will be......arg. 

rolvtd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By rolvtd
    @freakin said:

" @NathanXplosion said:

" If this is all true, there is no way in hell this will be DLC and your kidding yourself if you think it will be. This will be a arcade release that we probably won't see a home version of till late 2010/early 2011. I never understood peoples complaints about the constant upgrades to the Street Fighter series. It's not like Capcom has a gun to your head and will pull the trigger if you don't buy it. "
    If you think Capcom is that foolish you are kidding yourself.  Noone is going to buy a new game that is pretty similar to their current one, not when they already have all the big names in the current version.  But those same people would no doubt buy the same stuff as add-on content.  I'm sure there will be a Super SF4 in stores, but it will still be add on content for the current game, and probably pretty expensive. "
    Ahem....see Madden XX.  Hell, just look at the whole of the EA sports model and try to say that again..

Personally, I would be willing to re buy a whole new street fighter 4 for 2 things:  Makoto (she rocks socks across the block) AND most importantly fix the da** net code and the overall online presentation.  For online presentation, see Super Street Fighter 2 TurboHD and for net code see Blazblue.   Seriously, are online lobbys too much to ask for?   How about a quick match that takes us straight into the game?    Or perhaps not kicking us out of the search lobby after failing to connect to a game so we have to start the search completely over?  Blind character choice for all ranked matches? A true bracket tournament style along with the one introduced in the DLC?  Blah, blah, etc, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.