Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Which version should I play first?

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By matpaget

Alright, so I've recently fallen in love with fighting games (thanks to MvC 3 and MK) and I was wondering which version of this game I should play first?

If I choose the 3DS version then I have a game for my 3DS.
    If I choose the console version I have the best experience of the game (I'm guessing).

I'm leaning towards 3DS but for people who have played it, does it stand up to the console version?
    iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iDarktread
    @MatPaget said:
    " MvC 3 and MK, console version best experience of the game"
    With that being quoted, I haven't yet played the 3DS version, but own the 360 version and a nice fightstick. I wouldn't dare play Street Fighter with a stock Xbox controller, but if that's not an issue, the console version is most likely superior. In addition, the Arcade Edition should come out in the next couple of months on console.

I'd save your 3DS money for Ocarina of Time this year.
    Giacomito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Giacomito

3ds SSFIV is not great...
    I mean it's fun to play casually, but the controls are very bad imo, the d-pad is not that good and the placement of all the buttons make it awkward to play for a long time.

I bought it together with  my 3DS at launch and havent played a lot of it.

That being said, I own SSFIV for consoles and THAT is a great game, I have played several hundreds of hours and still am not tired of it and just have to keep playing it.
    So I would say go for the console version.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BBQBram

I'd have to say the 3DS version first, mainly because the online community there is a lot less likely to crush your soul and ego at the same time. You'll have a fun on-the-go fighter for your handheld which is ideal, seeing as the bigger games are still underway. Then if you really like it, you can eventually add it to your console collection.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.