Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Who is your best guy and who do you still hate?

• 94 results
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Sarkhan

Just a thing. Live now. Learn something. If im not to late. Nina will be playing soon. Love that gal :)  http://no.justin.tv/leveluplive#/w/1322610048/3 

Edit: Philipino champ. I love that dhalsim. Im actually scared of his sim 
    But he is gone. Enjoy 

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Pessh
    @Napalm said:
    @Pessh said:
    Can't take playing this low tier bs anymore.
    Suck less.
    Ok, I'll try, and if that doesn't work I'll just play an easy mode character like Guile.
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Sarkhan
    @Pessh said:

@Napalm said:

@Pessh said:
    Suck less.
    Ok, I'll try, and if that doesn't work I'll just play an easy mode character like Guile.
    Tbh...i love that comment. It's do true. In AE? I cant back that up as i'v seen INSANE ppl playing. But in general? yes :) 
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By napalm
    @Pessh said:
    @Napalm said:
    @Pessh said:
    Suck less.
    You played easy mode 'rog for a good portion of your fighting life, so that doesn't seem like a far stretch.
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Sarkhan

Ken will never be in play. I respect hc play ken, but still relly on spam at wake up or!!!!!! not. so the skill is, do i fake or to i comit.....yes.

cheebaking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cheebaking

My feeling is, if you lose to a bad player, its your own fault.

A mashing player is a dog pooping on the rug. Every time they do it, you punish with a punch to the nose. Will the dog learn the lesson? Doubtful. Will the dog get his ass kicked? Yup. Additional. I don't own a dog.

However, that all being said, I wish to add Adon to my "hate" characters. The amount of times I've been knocked down, only to have an Adon get right up close, jump up, then kick. I know its coming. Yet every time I let it happen. It sickens me.

@Vortexus1981

I have no idea of my Rose ranking these days. I still don't understand the little trophy sign and what that means.

I think my main problem with Bison is just finding it difficult to close the gap quickly and safely. I often find myself getting hit with a crouching light hit and the rest that follows. That and I still have a few salty memories of Geteveryone and his Bison for the terrible months that preceded his Gouken days.

Rose isn't too hard to learn. Its all about being tricky with her spacing. Soul Spirals and every version of medium kick all have ridiculous properties. My tactic online is usually, spend the first round playing safe, then second round suddenly getting right in there face. People panic when Rose gets up in the grill.

Offline, my tactic is to slide everywhere and knock the controller out of the opponents hand when I random ultra. I believe this is a tournament strategy.

AE Rose? Not much has changed. Only the properties of Ultra 2 which sucks big time. Pretty easy to get knocked out of it now. Good for mix ups when they're down I guess. I'm still pretty gutted about it.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By napalm
    @cheebaking: Rose's slide is fucking crazy. It's a mindfuck when it catches you off guard.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#58  Edited By StarvingGamer

Best chars Boxer and Dan
    Fave chars Rose and Seth
    Hate fighting Ken and Blanka

Avatar image for corpulateguitar@
    corpulateguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By corpulateguitar

PSN- PerilousOnset add me please so we can duke it out

Best Char Honda and personally i like fighting all characters (good for practice even though i get destroyed by a few) .

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By NinjaHunter

Best with Dudley. Hate Zangief, never ever liked fighting him.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@cheebaking said:

Offline, my tactic is to slide everywhere and knock the controller out of the opponents hand when I random ultra. I believe this is a tournament strategy.

QFT. 

@Vortexus1981 said:

@StaticFalconar said:

I like Chun, and adon, but I really don't mind playing with full time grapplers and shotos just to hone in on my basics. Despite the Hate Yun boat everybody's on these days, I believe Yang is more versatile and unlikely to have a bad match up.   Sodium levels aside for certain playstyles, I always roll my eyes when I see Rog on the screen. Yes, I used to play Rog way back then, but its honestly boring. Yes I realize its a pretty solid game that rog has, but other than a few rogs I've seen, its just the same shit over and over again. Its honestly hard to concentrate when you're bored and thats when I make mistakes. 
    Hun? Im not a amazing sf player. But i HATE rog. I know high lvl players have skill, but lossing to rog? I never get salty, always say tomyslef(hold, strike, spin a few light, cant link? I'll hold)  But then again. I love playing low tier characters. always have, and alway will:) Dj,c.v. Only chun is my highest tierd player. and i kinda cant play chun now :S But then again   ...... I love playing DJ atm. Most i'v ran into are ryu(ofc.....) *Spam wake up, kick vortex. and you beat then within 30 sec. So much fun. :) 
    C. Viper is in the top 5 in the game (not top mention the fact that she's always been solid as hell) and DJ is pretty good in AE. 

In terms of tier rankings, the playing field in AE is still surprisingly even, bar the very top couple of tiers made up of only a few select characters.
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By Sooty

My best is Sagat and has been since vanilla, can also play Balrog at a high level and Bison.

Been playing with Yun quite a lot, like the rushdown. Hate playing Ryu and Blanka still, I can't stand Ryu because he has so many ways to get free, no-effort ultras and it's irritating.

@VicRattlehead

said:

@Pessh: did chun get mad buffs? i ran into more chuns this afternoon in ranked than i ever did in super

I think Chun got a few nerfs, she was top tier in SSFIV but has gone down a bit now.

S

Yun, Yang, Fei Long

A

Zangief, C. Viper, Sagat, Akuma, Cammy, Makoto

B

Ken, Chun-Li, Balrog (Boxer), M. Bison (Dictator), Adon, Sakura

C

Abel, Dee Jay, Ibuki, E. Honda, Seth, Cody, Guy, Vega (Claw), Rufus, Ryu, Blanka, Dudley, Dhalsim, Juri, El Fuerte, Guile, Gen, Gouken, Rose, Oni, Evil Ryu

D

Hakan, T. Hawk, Dan

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/may/31/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-tiers-arcadia/ 

It's funny how Makoto was the worst character in SSFIV after Dan if I remember the tiers right but now she's way up there.

I don't see why people complain about Yun so much, he has a lot going for him but he's nowhere near as easy to use as Ryu and has low-ish health.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By Jadeskye

@antikorper said:

Juri Han also seems like an awesome character, yet I don't have Super Street Fighter so... I can only regret. Kids will get mad no matter who you beat them with. I suck myself so I avoid online matches ]:D

I main Juri and yes, she's awesome! but i play way too predictably so if anyone has ever played me before, chances are you'll win XD

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By McShank

Main is Cody and Cammy... cant pick between them as my profile has them basically even in the % on amount of playing, then sakura/dan and i play an occasional abel. The Characters i hate are ken and fei long.. Ken and his retarded Shoryuken breaking every move. Fei long i just hate because my friend loves him and we always fight back and forth with our mains..

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#65  Edited By benpack

I still rock Gief and Hawk. Hate Chun.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Sooty
    @McShank said:

Main is Cody and Cammy... cant pick between them as my profile has them basically even in the % on amount of playing, then sakura/dan and i play an occasional abel. The Characters i hate are ken and fei long.. Ken and his retarded Shoryuken breaking every move. Fei long i just hate because my friend loves him and we always fight back and forth with our mains..

Shoryuken only 'breaks' moves if you mess up combos! If people are mashing it while you are trying to do a combo just stop the combo on purpose to bait the uppercut then hit them hard afterwards.
    chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By chrissedoff

i play as balrog and i fucking haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate yun and yang. they are bullshit to the point where they totally buttfuck any semblance of balance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rufi91 said:
    Ken is seriously whatever. He just is what he is, he is not Ryu and he is not Akuma in a big way. He is unoffensive in every way he can win he can lose he's get to jump into and sure he is very popular and his SRK is strong but that is about it. I don't how you can argue he is spammy or OP when its just not true. He is so middle teir every single time. 
    http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/
    He's really good in AE, though :) 

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/may/31/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-tiers-arcadia/ 

Top Ten Ken makes me a happy, happy boy.
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    @GetEveryone: What? You are reading that Tier list right? He is still middle always have been mostly likely always will be and that is a good thing because it means it takes a good player! :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rufi91: Yup, pretty sure I'm reading it right. He is still in the top ten, if you count (and according to Mago/Daigo/Tokido he is also in the top 10 http://www.neoempire.com/?p=6269) C tier in that isn't really mid-tier (even though it technically is) in that list since it only contains the top 10-15 characters. The tiers in AE are all so close that it doesn't really mean much, but I can tell you that going from Super to AE he is much improved. Just a handful of small buffs made him a far more solid character, and he's definitely not mid-tier (in the sense that he is no longer at the mid-way point between the other characters, since mid-tier in that list is half-way at all).
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Sooty

I really don't understand why people complain about Yun having simple and damaging combos?

Sagat, even in AE... j.hp > st.mp > uppercut = 301 damage, 349 with angry scar. 

j.hp > st.mp > rh.tiger knee = 331

That's the same amount of some characters super combos.

With Yun the highest combo I've done without excessive meter use or supers/ultras is cr.mp x2 > st.mp > rh.upkicks and that's only around 260 I think, bit more with EX, you can get to around 300 if you do the lunge afterwards.

and that combo I just listed above is way harder than the Sagat ones, my gran could do those.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#72  Edited By Belonpopo

I haven't played it yet but I heard Sakura got mad buffed, so that's good.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#73  Edited By lordofultima

@Vortexus1981: Chun actually got nerfed. Her light kick anti-air is a little worse, and stand fierce also worse.

Giacomito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Giacomito

Main cody, dont really hate any characters, just hate player-types, like the shoryuken-mashers. Not because they are hard to beat, they are braindead easy, but because they make the game boring... Cross-up, pause, block shoryuken, punish.

Also, I have a little hate for Giefs, because I can spend like 70 seconds zoning him out and then I make one mistake and its game over due to cody's POOR wake-up options.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#75  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I hate grab characters.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By MysteriousBob

This stupid asshole. 
    I haven't played AE, I refer to his overall design.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By napalm
    @GetEveryone said:
    @Rufi91 said:
    Ken is seriously whatever. He just is what he is, he is not Ryu and he is not Akuma in a big way. He is unoffensive in every way he can win he can lose he's get to jump into and sure he is very popular and his SRK is strong but that is about it. I don't how you can argue he is spammy or OP when its just not true. He is so middle teir every single time. 
    http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/
    He's really good in AE, though :) 

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/may/31/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-tiers-arcadia/  Top Ten Ken makes me a happy, happy boy.
    Seeing that tier list pisses me off, and I usually don't give a fuck about tier lists.
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    @Napalm: They are and forever will be a thing that fighting game pros take seriously. You just have to learn to expect them...
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#79  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Dudley, Akuma and Hawk are my mains. 
    I still hate Juri, Rufus and Rose. 
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

EVERYONE.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
    deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@JJOR64 said:

Use Honda and Hakan. Still hate everyone else.

Same here! Though the only characters I "hate" are Seth, Yun, and T. Hawk. The first two I hate fighting, T. Hawk I just think has always been a horrible design.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Shadow

I use Cammy, Bison, Dudley, Zangief, and I'm trying (and failing) to get good with Oni or Yun.

I HATE HONDA SO MUCH!

Sacerdos87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Sacerdos87

Zangief. Projectile characters. It's a natural hate that comes with playing him.

Jemenez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Jemenez

I main Zangief, blanka can go to hell
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Makoto all the way :D 

I still hate Balrog, Blanka and Cammy :D

500xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By 500xp

Let's see, I've mained Balrog since vanilla. Definitely digging Yun & Yang. Probably gonna pick up C. Viper eventually. I fucking hate t. hawk. I'm not too fond of sagat. and i want zangief to die in a nuclear fire.

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#87  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

I've mained Elf since Vanilla and still love the character, but was never really consistent with him (still can't RSF for my life). Lately I've discovered an affinity for Honda.

Hate is a strong word, but I tend to panic when I see T. Hawk, 'Gief, and Yun.

leroyrockwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#88  Edited By leroyrockwell

I mained Chun Li since Vanilla but picked up Ibuki, Ken, Gouken, and Guy. The best to worst in that order.

I hate Cammy because my eternal Rival plays with him.

I hate really Zangief

EDIT. OOPS I DIDN'T CLICK TO THE LAST THREAD BUT SORRY GUYS.

@Vortexus1981 said:

@VicRattlehead said:

@Pessh: did chun get mad buffs? i ran into more chuns this afternoon in ranked than i ever did in super

I know you didn't adress me, but^^ chun actually didn't get any debuff(for count) so she can still go on and destry you if you had problems before:)

Her df-low kick is now a maybe on anti air, and he d-heavy kick lost some damage and stun.

The best thing she got was a better hit box for her focus attack, but everything is about the same.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Twiggy199

I main Ibuki and Seth, and HADO characters can suck my giant bomb!. .....especially Ken.

reruns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By reruns

I main Balrog, but I'll probably be picking up Yang since I've been learning him in 3S for the last few weeks.

My least favorite matchup in Super was Chun, but that was pretty much just because I kept getting fooled by that bullshit hitbox on her focus, but now that's gone, so it's probably Deejay.

xSoulBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#91  Edited By xSoulBeaver

I main Guy and sub Rose, and occasionally try to use Dudley.

As scrubby as it is, I still hate Blanka and Honda :P Those damn weird hitboxes!!

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By thatpinguino

I main hakan with a little fei and fuerte on the side.

I still hate ken and ryu.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By musclerider

I main Cody but his Japanese voice is the worst thing ever printed on disc.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By LiquidPrince

Chun is and always has been my girl. I also side Cammy sometimes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.