Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Superhot

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 25, 2016

A puzzling first-person shooter in which time only progresses when the player moves.

Is there anyone else who thinks this game is SUPER. HARD?

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

After hearing it on the GOTY deliberations so much, I've decided to play some goddamn Superhot. And man, the game is fucking awesome.

Although, I seem to super suck at Superhot. I'm at the bar level, the level in which the shotgun is first introduced and I can't seem to beat this level. Do I just suck or did anyone else think this game was pretty challenging?

I'm glad it's hard though. Even with the Steam winter sale, it was about 17 bucks, so I was still a little hesitant in buying it. Knowing that it's a challenge and has some legs to it makes me feel better about throwing down so much money for a potentially short game. But with the way I'm playing, I'm probably making this game way longer than it is.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By winsord

I ended up having the opposite experience, I thought it was way too easy. I know there are additional challenges to do after finishing the game, but playing through the first time, the entire game took me about 80 minutes (excluding the credits) to complete. I'm not particularly amazing at shooters or anything either, it just played like a really simple puzzle game.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

One trick to Superhot is learning not to move your camera too much because that counts as time-advancing movement. It's sometimes better to just stare at your screen not touching your mouse or controller and puzzling out your next few moves than looking around trying to find an out. The bar in particular was a little hard for me but it really comes down to learning the enemies' habits and baiting out shots you can dodge. Nudging left-right-left-right until a guy shoots in a direction you juked towards is a great way of staying alive and closing gaps.

It's a real fun game when you realize it's not just an FPS with slo-mo tech but it's entirely a puzzle game, too. I've gotten frustrated at FPS's in the past but I never got mad at Superhot because puzzles don't make me mad, they make me excited.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DystopiaX

@winsord said:

I ended up having the opposite experience, I thought it was way too easy. I know there are additional challenges to do after finishing the game, but playing through the first time, the entire game took me about 80 minutes (excluding the credits) to complete. I'm not particularly amazing at shooters or anything either, it just played like a really simple puzzle game.

Yeah I get why people say it's a puzzle game, but the "puzzle" was never that complex for me. See guy aiming, strafe left/right as the bullets come. Switch directions because enemies lead shots too.

For OP, for the bar scene I would imagine that the difficulty is in the beginning bit? I used fists on the first person at the entrance, used the bottle+pool balls to hit the "bartender", grabbed his shotgun and then it was basically a regular level from there. I would stand towards the middle- between the pool table and bar- instead of where the shotgun was since dudes come from both sides after that. This level definitely took me the most tries, fwiw

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.