Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Syndicate

Franchise »

The Syndicate franchise is set in a dystopian future where mega-corporations called syndicates have altogether replaced the government, and enforce their rule with merciless, cybernetically-enhanced soldiers known as Agents.

Everybody's Talking: Starbreeze & Syndicate

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff
    FUTURISTIC AGENTS HOPPED UP ON SUPER DRUGS AND MURDERING INDISCRIMINATELY
    You might remember that we ran a story on this back in October, when UK publication CVG heard from a tipster that "Project RedLime," a code name for a game under development at Starbreeze and to be published by Electronic Arts, was going to be a new game bearing the Syndicate name.

Today, it sounds like more tipsters are running around to other publications and saying the same thing, further confirming the rumor that there's a rumor about a rumor about Starbreeze and Syndicate. But this time, most of the stories are tracing back to this GI.biz story, which further states that the game is headed to the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. It goes on to say that the game won't be released until Starbreeze is finished with the Jason Bourne game that it's also doing for EA.

I had done a pretty good job of forgetting that this was supposedly happening. If I keep exciting rumors like these on my mind for too long, I start to get all crazy. So now I'm all excited again. While I go breathe into a paper bag for a few minutes and try to get it together, you guys go ahead and argue about whether or not the Syndicate concepts can be updated and placed into a modern game without feeling totally hokey. 
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff
    You might remember that we ran a story on this back in October, when UK publication CVG heard from a tipster that "Project RedLime," a code name for a game under development at Starbreeze and to be published by Electronic Arts, was going to be a new game bearing the Syndicate name.

Today, it sounds like more tipsters are running around to other publications and saying the same thing, further confirming the rumor that there's a rumor about a rumor about Starbreeze and Syndicate. But this time, most of the stories are tracing back to this GI.biz story, which further states that the game is headed to the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. It goes on to say that the game won't be released until Starbreeze is finished with the Jason Bourne game that it's also doing for EA.

I had done a pretty good job of forgetting that this was supposedly happening. If I keep exciting rumors like these on my mind for too long, I start to get all crazy. So now I'm all excited again. While I go breathe into a paper bag for a few minutes and try to get it together, you guys go ahead and argue about whether or not the Syndicate concepts can be updated and placed into a modern game without feeling totally hokey. 
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Well I hope this one kicks ass.

Metiphis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Metiphis

Loved the original Syndicate.  Cars on rails HELLS YEAH!

Sgt_T1bbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Sgt_T1bbs

Remember Haze? Futuristic soldiers hopped up on drugs. Look how that turned out. Tho admittedly that wasn't the biggest problem with haze.

GozerTC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By GozerTC

*Chuckles* 

I enjoyed the original and I do believe fully customizable cybernetically and drug enhanced agents can be awesome.  The big question is would it still be a 3rd person isometric view game or a 3rd/1st person shooter?  If you kept it more tactical and less twitchy I think it'd be cool and worth getting.  I don't think it'd do well in the saturated FPS market. 

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb

Dude, it's Starbreeze. Just have them ring up Tigon, ask to put Vin Diesel on the line, and you'll have a killer app.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By PureRok

I've never heard of Syndicate before, so this news has no impact on me.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hatking

I hope it is totally goofy and all 80's scifi action movie esque.  I never played the original game...or games...obviously I don't know much about it or them either.  However I've picked up a few details from this beautiful site you've got here and it sounds really cool.  I might go back and try to play it or them but I find a lot of the great pc games of yesteryear just don't translate so well to modern times, heck I even have trouble playing PS2 and Xbox games anymore.

Ghostin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Ghostin

It's a shame the original team couldn't make this... but if it turns out to be true starbreeze is a good fit.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By dagas

Never played Syndicate, but I think I played Syndicate Wars a bit. Don't remember much from it though.

broqz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By broqz

i remember playing the original syndicate on my old 286.  there was a cool research function that let you upgrade to better body parts/weapons/tools (like the hypnotize tool that let you get a mob of civilians to fight with you).  anyway the research function would continue to build in progress ass long as you played the game or atleast left it in the menu in real time.  i would leave the game on all day while at school to maximize my squad.  great game.  don't know if it could be updated well.. like another poster said it would prrobably need to be in an isometric 3rd person still.  you could atleast make it real 3d with a movable camera though.  i dunno...

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#12  Edited By Spiritof

The only thing I distinctly remember about Syndicate was that it was mad hard.

KennyTheSober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KennyTheSober

Awesome, I remember the Syndicate games pwned ass, looking forward to this now.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By brainwins

Yeah! Syndicate Wars. Make it happen. I remember there was this port to the DS(?) some years ago, part of a EA classic games compilation or something. Did anyone try it?

Johanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Johanz

If they tone down the game with some happy stuff or like, stuff where you can be nice or something, this game is a goner! Syndicate is about owning the world and controlling everyone living in it. Everyone who opposes you, dies!

More Syndicate!

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By demonbear

Its alright as long as it doesnt turn into some lame FPS yet again. It has to be tactical.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#17  Edited By ahoodedfigure

The theme is possibly darker than most of the stuff out now, but I'm not sure you'll be able to have the part of the game where you wander around in a building without seeing what the little dude sees.  Maybe they'll have headcams, and line of sight similar to a tactics game? 

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By singular

I remember playing that game. I always used the persuadertron to get a large army of pedestrians and killed everybody else. 

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Media_Master

What?

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
    lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20  Edited By lightwarrior179

Syndicate games were pretty cool back then but really now..they will need some pretty major changes to even withstand the competition in the genre

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.