Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

System Shock 3

Game » consists of 0 releases.

A followup to 1999's System Shock 2 being made by ex-Looking Glass and Bioshock Infinite developers.

Here's an early look at System Shock 3!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

The thought of a new Warren Spector-involved SF game is pretty damn exciting. I'm assuming this is still a long ways away, but it looks pretty neat nonetheless.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

As much as the idea of a new SS excites me, Otherside creating it doesn't really inspire much confidence.

Despite it's troubled development history, I'm still more interested in that remake of the first game that Nightdive is making.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

That Shodan face still gets me after all these years. I'm sure its not a big deal now, but that revelation in System Shock 2 was one of the most mind-blowing things I experienced back then.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what it is but i can always tell when a game is made in unity something with the look of the used assets.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. It gave off a nice dark vibe.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cautiously optimistic, but I'll agree with the RPS take on wishing Shodan weren't there. Don't get me wrong, her re-appearance in 2 is still one of my favorite gaming moments and she is my phone's wallpaper. But she means nothing to the vast majority of the consumerbase and there are more interesting things that can be done.

Ah well. nu-Prey will probably remain the "true" successor to System Shock and Bioshock (Nanoshock? CrisprShock?). And the fact that there is even question about what is the "true" successor to System Shock is says wonders about how weirdly awesome the modern era of gaming is.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The_Nubster

I have no nostalgia for the series, let me say that first.

But I think this looks bad. I know of SHODAN and her huge impact in the first two games, but at this point she's such a known quantity. There are three outcomes of this:

1) You kill SHODAN. Woohoo, job done! System Shock 4 will have SHODAN back as a twist.

2) SHODAN kills you. Oh no, job not done. What a sad and dark ending. System Shock 4 will have SHODAN.

3) There's an EVILER baddie! SHODAN dies to save you/is killed by this new evil fella. System Shock 4 will have another evil AI.

Honestly, all of these outcomes suck. it seems like System SS3 is trying to play off of nostalgia for fans while giving newcomcers the SS1 experience of SHODAN. I think I'll just play the remake.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rather than make a new post, I figured I would just add to this one:

Nightdive Studios, the developers working on that remake of SS1, have just put out a new gameplay video; roughly 21 minutes of gameplay footage starting at the very beginning of the game.

Loading Video...

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the look of that remake. I remember playing the demo so many years ago and don't think I can bring myself to play the original in full. It gets the atmosphere right.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: The Enhanced Edition of SS1 is a pretty good way to experience the original, if you don't know about it; the inclusion of WASD movement alone makes that game more palatable by today's standards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.