Xbox One Performance Seems Poor

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 16

Kinda curious: anyone else having an issue with framerate and seconds-long hitching on Xbox? Seems to happen most when events are triggering and when transferring between different parts of the station. Seems like maybe the PC version is the way to go! Kinda unfortunate if it's really a widespread issue.

The game seems pretty neat in concept, though. What do you guys think of it? I'm excited to keep playing, but I just wish the performance wasn't such a distraction.

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I'm seeing some reports of it on Twitter, but I'm currently blocked by some bug where when it says "Press A Button" right after "Fullbright Presents", pressing the A button (or literally any button on my controller) does nothing, so I don't have any first-hand experience.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fish_face_mcgee: Ah man, that sucks. Hopefully there's some kind of fix in the works. Maybe you could try doing a hard reset of your Xbox or clearing cache or something.

But yeah, I'd definitely recommend people go with the PC version if possible.

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjweatherman: Yeah, I've gone through a whole set of debug steps and no dice. Hoping Fullbright + MS can figure out what's going on and release a patch soon since it looks like MS never pushed forward with the refund stuff they had in preview a few months ago. Otherwise I would've refunded and bought on Steam.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Played through it on Xbox One - OG, not an S. It was a little slow to react to my initial "Press A" button press, but it did recognize it and take me to the menu. Played fine, stuttered a little in the loading sequences where you're riding in the tube from the hub to the new area, but nothing that impacted enjoyment of the game. Really enjoyed it.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asmo917 Yeah the same thing happened with me on that initial A button press. Glad you had no real issues. From the word go, though, I just couldn't stop imagining a smooth 60 fps on PC.

@fish_face_mcgee Have you gotten to play yet? I hope so!

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@fish_face_mcgee: The A button thing happened to me as well. Have you tried hard resetting the Xbox? It worked for me.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By korwin

It wouldn't be the first Unity game to struggle on console.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.