Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tactical Turn-Based Combat

Concept »

Gameplay type emphasizing deliberately paced tactical battle where each side politely takes turns moving and attacking one another through varied forms of combat.

Age of Fear: The Undead King

Egge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By Egge

It was only by skimming through some random reader comments on the excellent Rock Paper Shotgun blog that I learned that this game even exists, but Age of Fear is a very interesting-looking tactical strategy game which is apparently out now-ish (April 10th 2011) and available for a reduced price during a limited period of time. The top-down graphics may be simple, but if the tutorial-esque demo is anything to go by there's some real depth to the gameplay and lots of different soldier types, spells and special abilities to mess around with. You recruit units inbetween each battle and the ones who survive carry over to the next combat scenario, which is prefaced by a bit of text-based narrative development. The full game comes with one "good" and one (suspiciously Wizardry IV-esque) "evil" campaign, so there would seem to be a healthy amount of content included, too. Buy a DRM-free copy of Age of Fear and/or check out the demo at the following website:

http://www.age-of-fear.net/

Note: Please excuse me for learning the controls during the recording of this video. If the gameplay comes off as a bit clunky, rest assured it's only me making it look more complicated than it actually is...

Egge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Egge

It was only by skimming through some random reader comments on the excellent Rock Paper Shotgun blog that I learned that this game even exists, but Age of Fear is a very interesting-looking tactical strategy game which is apparently out now-ish (April 10th 2011) and available for a reduced price during a limited period of time. The top-down graphics may be simple, but if the tutorial-esque demo is anything to go by there's some real depth to the gameplay and lots of different soldier types, spells and special abilities to mess around with. You recruit units inbetween each battle and the ones who survive carry over to the next combat scenario, which is prefaced by a bit of text-based narrative development. The full game comes with one "good" and one (suspiciously Wizardry IV-esque) "evil" campaign, so there would seem to be a healthy amount of content included, too. Buy a DRM-free copy of Age of Fear and/or check out the demo at the following website:

http://www.age-of-fear.net/

Note: Please excuse me for learning the controls during the recording of this video. If the gameplay comes off as a bit clunky, rest assured it's only me making it look more complicated than it actually is...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.