Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales from the Borderlands

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 25, 2014

A spin-off of the Borderlands series of first-person shooters, Tales from the Borderlands is an episodic adventure game where a reluctant group of civilians try to strike it rich in the hostile world of Pandora.

How are we still waiting for the episode 2?!

LittleWask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LittleWask

Is anyone else just blown away that we are still waiting for the second installment of this story? After having been pretty apathetic about every game that Telltale has produced up until this point, they finally were able to get their hooks into me, via this game. Now they know they have me on the line, and they're just stringing me along. I want to experience the next chapter already!

For anyone who hasn't played episode 1 yet, it's pretty phenomenal. I recommend it.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Probably because it's Telltale. You mentioned you haven't really played any of their episodic stuff in the past, so you maybe don't realize that it's always like this with their games. Sometimes it comes out relatively quickly; other times, it can take months. Considering their other big game right now is Game of Thrones, I would imagine that's more of a focus. Just be patient--it'll come out eventually.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

This is wild speculation, but I continue to assume that when a project launches from Telltale, once they get the sales figures back for how many people bought the first episode/season pass, they can extrapolate how popular the rest of the season is going to be. And then based on that they might somewhat shrink or increase certain team sizes, affecting the schedule for those games.

If I had to make a wild guess, I would assume that the Game of Thrones Telltale game sold better than the Borderlands Telltale game.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did the same thing with Wolf Among Us and it took some of the momentum from the game. I feel like when they are doing two games simultaneously one of them suffers a little.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good lord, it's been three months?

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assume that they release games at the end of the year to get in all the sales around the holidays.

Probably, slow down or close for xmas and new years weeks. Takes a while to build momentum back up.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm use to Telltale's sporadic releases, but this one does seem worse than usual. Especially considering GoT came out after the first episode of Borderlands and yet we're two episodes deep into GoT and not a peep about the next episode of Borderlands.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.