Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales from the Borderlands

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 25, 2014

A spin-off of the Borderlands series of first-person shooters, Tales from the Borderlands is an episodic adventure game where a reluctant group of civilians try to strike it rich in the hostile world of Pandora.

Sam Witwer, Nolan North and Patrick Warburton confirmed!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Oh God I hope that tweet embed works... EDIT: Bugger all...

(And fuck that thread title 60 character limit stupid POS BS SOB MF'R)

Anywhoo, that is quite a lineup they've got there! Definitely climbing the ladder a little in raking in their voice talent. Not that the voice acting is bad in TWD and TWoU or anything! But a lot of the cast are relative unknowns (and all noticeably seem to provide VO in League of Legends). Wonder which one of those guys will be voicing the male protagonist Rhys then? I'd say Warburton is out, don't even know who Hardwick is personally, so for my money it comes down between Sam Witwer and Mr. North.

...It's probably going to be Nolan North isn't it? Which hey, it's time for Nolan to finally return to the spotlight and actually get some lead/supporting character VO going on; show that Troy Baker what for!..

Also, unrelated, but Sam Witwer confirmed that he's involved with this on his Facebook page too, and funnily enough like maybe half of the responses appear to be women fawning at his feet. One comment is, and I quote: ''Oh just shut up and do me already Sam. lol''

...Holy shit! Is this guy also a member of an 80s rock band or something??

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Chris Hardwick? Are they just going to sample him saying "Points!" over the entire game?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

That's a pretty solid cast! Patrick Warburton is always hilarious in everything.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a pretty solid cast! Patrick Warburton is always hilarious in everything.

Both the child me & adult me think he's hysterical in The Emperor's New Groove! He was always one of the funnier characters in Family Guy as well, before it became this soulless empty void of non-medy.

ManiacalMech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

At first when I read the thread title, I thought we were talking about the Pre-Sequel, but the idea that Patrick Warburton is in Tales From the Borderlands has me infinitely more invested in the upcoming game than I already was. HOLY SHIT DAY 1 BUY

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

For people less familiar with Chris Hardwick and Sam Witwer, here they are playing the Dragon Age tabletop RPG game on Wil Wheaton's TableTop show:

Loading Video...

I don't really like Hardwick's Nerdist channel all that much, but he is definitely a funny dude, and Witwer seems like a cool guy as well. North and Warburton are obviously delightful additions as well. Having a famous cast of relatively well-known comedians/actors doesn't necessarily result in a great game, but I'm definitely more interested in this game than I was before they announced the new castmembers.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I have no idea what this game is going to turn out to be. Only TellTale game I've played is Walking Dead Season 1, so I hope for the best.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atlas: Sam Witwer of course should also be recognisable as Starkiller! And yeah, making a fuss about a voice acting cast ordinarily shouldn't really mean that much in the grand scheme. But for a game that's (likely to be) basically 90% story like all of Telltale's modern adventure games, it definitely factors into things I'd say.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

@yummylee said:

@onekillwonder_ said:

Both the child me & adult me think he's hysterical in The Emperor's New Groove! He was always one of the funnier characters in Family Guy as well, before it became this soulless empty void of non-medy.

I honestly prefer his live acting over his voice acting. His deadpan delivery combined with his facial expressions kills me every time. He and David Spade made Rules of Engagement the only worthwhile programming on CBS before it was cancelled last year. Of course, he was also Puddy on Seinfeld, and has had numerous smaller parts in things over the years. Just watched Bad Milo the other day, which he was hilarious in. Not to discredit his voice acting...he's awesome on Venture Bros.

As for Chris Hardwick, he does stand-up, hosts the Nerdist podcast, of which I am a regular listener, as well as hosts The Talking Dead and the @Midnight show on Comedy Central. He also worked at G4 for awhile. Dude's everywhere these days. I think it's funny how so many people like to give him shit without seeing the extent of his work. He's a genuinely funny guy.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Patrick Warburton fucking rules.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's pretty cool I like all those people. I'll admit though when I read Chris Hardwick my first thought was "oh god are they gonna fill it with internet meme bullshit?" but then I remembered this is Telltale and felt better.

Also the interview Hardwick did recently on the Nerdist podcast with Anthony Bourdain is fan friggin tastic.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@yummylee: If you edit your post and redo the Twitter embed it should work.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

love the actor choices.still not sure that borderlands will work for a telltale game though.i hope so though.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Cool! Let's just hope the writing is as good as the cast.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kcin

Hardwick has a lot of experience performing, being a member of the two-man musical comedy duo Hard 'n' Phirm, and a stand-up comedian himself, both long before he started covering nerd culture. Don't worry guys, he's a very talented and funny dude.

Sharpless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick Warburton should probably voice everyone and everything.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Yummylee

So, it looks like Sam Witwer is in fact the voice of Rhys, with Warburton taking up the role of the Hyperion employee asshole who's taken over Handsome Jack's position. Admittedly a little disappointed that Nolan North didn't score the role, as Rhys is supposed to be--like any good Hyperion employee--a complete dick, which Nolan would undoubtedly excel as. But Sam Witwer's a great pick all the same! Chris Hardwick will play as the geeky best friend of Rhys too; Nolan's character still appears to be unaccounted for.

Curious to find out if they've gotten someone equally as prolific and noteworthy for Fiona.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I wasn't paying any attention to this game but now i'm intrigued.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This news made me realize that we have a serious lack of Patrick Warburton in video games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.