Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Hearts R

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 07, 2013

A Vita remake of the DS Action-RPG Tales of Hearts.

Did 8-4 Translate Tales Of Hearts R?

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

I've been hearing a lot of people criticizing the localization for Tales of Hearts R, complaining about name changes, liberal dialogue translations, ect. This surprised me since I assumed that the localization was done by 8-4, who has been doing great work on the Tales series since Abyss, however Hearts R is not listed on the company's gameography page. I looked through the game's credits and found that 8-4 was credited under "Translation Services." However 8-4 is usually credited under simply "Translation" or "Game Text Translation" which makes me think that the company might have only assisted in Hearts R's localization while maybe Bandai Namco themselves did most of the work.

Perhaps I'm over thinking this but I would like to know just how involved 8-4 actually was in Hearts' localization.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By hollitz
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I know that it is not listed on 8-4's gameography. But 8-4 was credited in the game as "Translation Services," I just want to know if that means they translated the whole game or if they just did some minor work on it.

Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dragon4234

For some reason, I can't get it out of my head that who ever did the translation didn't get the memo that it wasn't getting a dub.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason, I can't get it out of my head that who ever did the translation didn't get the memo that it wasn't getting a dub.

I've actually heard a lot of similar comments about the translation. Wouldn't be surprised if they planned to do a dub but dropped the idea at the last minute to cut costs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.