Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Hearts

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 18, 2008

The third Tales game for the DS and the 11th mothership title in the series.

Tales of Hearts (CG Edition) - is it worth $20 in Japanese?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool

No Caption Provided
    Under the twin moons and the rule of the great empire, people have been leading peaceful lives albeit unsettling legends about a sleeping princess, dream eating monsters and the falling moons continue to pass around.

No matter how unsettling, people have been seeing these legends as mere stories to scare children, until the day a mysterious plague started spreading and the culprit of the illness seems to be the dream eating monsters. Under the onslaught of these evil forces, a special substance in people's hearts, spiria gets contaminated.

The only thing to counter the monsters is Soma, hidden within the Spire Maze.

All these strives of the land are unknown to the hero, Shing until he rescues a mysterious girl Kohaku from the monsters. Together, the two set off to find the mysterious substance Soma, save the land and find out the truth about the legends.
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I have been known to like Tales games.  I have also been known to import Japanese games because the game was good (A.S.H.) and there wasn't about to be a local release.  Put that together and I am tempted to get this game.  It works out at about $30 in my local currency, which is still not cheap, but it looks and sounds sweet.

If you love RPG and Tales games, are you tempted to import this game?
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

I have been tempted to import it, and I've heard that it definitely is worth it. I probably won't do it though - using a walkthrough takes away a great deal of a game's charm for me. I'll keep hoping for a localization, and if that doesn't happen, I'll wait until I know enough Japanese to play it.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By coughlanio

Wow, thats $30 AUD right? That seems pretty cheap to me, for an Import game too.

I say get it...Looks awesome *thumbs up*

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

My DS is broken, and the next DS I'll buy will be the DSi, which is region locked, so no, I won't import. I have been hoping, since Tales of Hearts was announced, that it would be localized. I'll just continue to hold onto that hope...

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By coughlanio
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    "My DS is broken, and the next DS I'll buy will be the DSi, which is region locked, so no, I won't import. I have been hoping, since Tales of Hearts was announced, that it would be localized. I'll just continue to hold onto that hope..."
    DSi is not region locked, only the DSiWare is :)
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ
    TotallyEpic said:
    "MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    "My DS is broken, and the next DS I'll buy will be the DSi, which is region locked, so no, I won't import. I have been hoping, since Tales of Hearts was announced, that it would be localized. I'll just continue to hold onto that hope..."
    DSi is not region locked, only the DSiWare is :)"
    *phew* I was about to say I'd dodged a bullet by not getting one. I would've been bummed if i had gotten a dsi and found out it was locked. 
    coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By coughlanio
    AgentJ said:
    "TotallyEpic said:
    "MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    DSi is not region locked, only the DSiWare is :)"
    *phew* I was about to say I'd dodged a bullet by not getting one. I would've been bummed if i had gotten a dsi and found out it was locked. 
    "

I'm so happy I got one, so much better than my older DS and DSLite...
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool
    Icemael said:
    "I have been tempted to import it, and I've heard that it definitely is worth it. I probably won't do it though - using a walkthrough takes away a great deal of a game's charm for me. I'll keep hoping for a localization, and if that doesn't happen, I'll wait until I know enough Japanese to play it."
    I have no issues with a walkthrough - I'm easy :-)

I got through a few chapters of A.S.H.  without any help.  I was quite proud of myself for learning how the battle system worked just by trial and error.  It would have been nice to know the story - dialogue.

I think I may succumb and add it.  Quite a few Tales games don't get translated.
    coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By coughlanio
    oldschool said:
    "Icemael said:
    "I have been tempted to import it, and I've heard that it definitely is worth it. I probably won't do it though - using a walkthrough takes away a great deal of a game's charm for me. I'll keep hoping for a localization, and if that doesn't happen, I'll wait until I know enough Japanese to play it."

I got through a few chapters of A.S.H.  without any help.  I was quite proud of myself for learning how the battle system worked just by trial and error.  It would have been nice to know the story - dialogue.

I think I may succumb and add it.  Quite a few Tales games don't get translated.
    "
    Start learning Japanese, I actually just started using Rosetta Stone...its pretty awesome...
    Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

Isn't Soma the name of some highly addictive drug in Oblivion???

-And now back on topic... I've never imported anything and even though this looks interesting i probably still wouldn't.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Keyser_Soze
    ValkyrieGoddess said:
    "Isn't Soma the name of some highly addictive drug in Oblivion???"
    You're thinking of Skooma.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By coughlanio
    Keyser_Soze said:
    "ValkyrieGoddess said:
    "Isn't Soma the name of some highly addictive drug in Oblivion???"
    You're thinking of Skooma."
    Ah, Skooma, that takes me back to 2006 :P

I'd love a TES game on DS...
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldschool
    TotallyEpic said:
    "oldschool said:
    "Icemael said:

"
    Start learning Japanese, I actually just started using Rosetta Stone...its pretty awesome..."
    I am doing a little Japanese learbning and I do have Rosetta Stone, but only the selection starter pack.  I have Japanese for Dummies, but that is mainly for speaking, not reading and writing.
    coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By coughlanio
    oldschool said:
    "TotallyEpic said:
    "oldschool said:
    "Icemael said:

"
    Start learning Japanese, I actually just started using Rosetta Stone...its pretty awesome..."
    I am doing a little Japanese learbning and I do have Rosetta Stone, but only the selection starter pack.  I have Japanese for Dummies, but that is mainly for speaking, not reading and writing.
    "
    Yeah...I now know that neko = cat :P
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#15  Edited By AgentJ

If i can manage to keep studying Japanese, I'll consider importing this. But as a note to Namco: Make it easy for me and just translate it for all of us! I mean, we totally lapped up Tales of Symphonia and its lesser spinnoff, Dawn of the New World, so what do we have to do to get you to bring us more Tales?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oldschool

We have had a substantial appreciation of our dollar since I started this thread, so it is now a YES to importing it.  I decided to add a second import to come with it:

No Caption Provided
    It is only $15 US, so I figure, what is better than one Tales game?  2 Tales games  :-)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oldschool
    oldschool said:
    "We have had a substantial appreciation of our dollar since I started this thread, so it is now a YES to importing it.  I decided to add a second import to come with it:

No Caption Provided
    It is only $15 US, so I figure, what is better than one Tales game?  2 Tales games  :-)"
    No Caption Provided

To quote myself.

Ordered today, here within 10 days - both Tales games.  $35 for the games and $5 postage (US dollars).  That is $50 in my currency (where a new DS game is $60-70), so I am happy with that.

I will do a little initial review of the games when I get them.  Japanese text, here I come.  :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.