Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 07, 2009

Telltale resurrects the much-loved pirate adventure franchise with Tales of Monkey Island, a five-part episodic series continuing the adventures of Guybrush Threepwood, this being the first.

Tales Of Hamz Island Chapter 1: The Screaming MooseWoman!

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By Hamz

....will be the name of my first game once I get the money, staff and booze together to create and develope it.

It just also happens to be a humorous play on the title of the recent adventure game from Telltale Games, Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1: The Screaming Narwhal which I have just, as in right now at 3:14am, finished. And I've gotta say it was a brilliant little game that has left me counting down the days until the next episodic installment is released. Definately a game I can get behind and say the developer took a much loved IP and license and did the original games justice with the sequel, not something you see occur too often these days.

But what about the rest of you, what did you think of TOMI?

The other purpose of this blog is to get some suggestions from folks on what to spend my pre-order voucher on at the Telltale store. I've never bought or played any of Telltale's other works before, so I'm looking for some suggestions on what to use this voucher on. Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated!

Hamz, XOXO!

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hamz

....will be the name of my first game once I get the money, staff and booze together to create and develope it.

It just also happens to be a humorous play on the title of the recent adventure game from Telltale Games, Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1: The Screaming Narwhal which I have just, as in right now at 3:14am, finished. And I've gotta say it was a brilliant little game that has left me counting down the days until the next episodic installment is released. Definately a game I can get behind and say the developer took a much loved IP and license and did the original games justice with the sequel, not something you see occur too often these days.

But what about the rest of you, what did you think of TOMI?

The other purpose of this blog is to get some suggestions from folks on what to spend my pre-order voucher on at the Telltale store. I've never bought or played any of Telltale's other works before, so I'm looking for some suggestions on what to use this voucher on. Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated!

Hamz, XOXO!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

I haven't played monkey island yet but i think i'll wait til hamz island is released, sounds more fun

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Absurd

I haven't played it yet, but I'm sure I'll love it seeing as I loved the other games and the monkey island Lore.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

You have enough brain power at 3:14 in the morning to finish an adventure game?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hamz
    @MattyFTM said:
    " You have enough brain power at 3:14 in the morning to finish an adventure game? "
    That is just how awesome I am. Infact I have the brain power to fire mind bullets!

@SuperMooseman said:
    " My friend Hamz, you know how I feel about ONE OF THE MOST AWESOME GAMES EVER!!!!!!!*ahem*As for the free episode, I think you should buy Sam & Max S1: Culture Shock (the first ever episode) to get into the S&M world. "
    Cheers for the suggestion Mooseywinkles. How do you feel about my proposed title for our new game?
    thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thordain
    @SuperMooseman said:
    "As for the free episode, I think you should buy Sam & Max S1: Culture Shock (the first ever episode) to get into the S&M world. "
    For once I agree with the talking Mooseman. Though I prefer episode 4 with the talking Lincoln head.
    Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Johnny5

im just gonna come out and say ive never played any of the games. Also i dont think ive played any of the classic adventure games. Ive played some modern ones but none that really come to mind.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Ineedaname

It was easy!

It was just Monkey Island which I was happy about though.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @Thordain said:
    " @SuperMooseman said:
    "As for the free episode, I think you should buy Sam & Max S1: Culture Shock (the first ever episode) to get into the S&M world. "
    For once I agree with the talking Mooseman. Though I prefer episode 4 with the talking Lincoln head. "
    Episode 4 is free now anyway.
    Figglesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Figglesworth
    @Hamz: I thought Sam and Max Season 2 was hilarious, much better/less repetitive than season 1, though season one is great from "Lincoln Must DIe" on.

As for  the new Monkey Island, I think they're off to a great start.  Despite a tired, old adventure game cliche (infinite repeating hell maze? Nooo!!!) and several palette-swapped characters, they nailed the personality and humor of the originals.  I thought the payoffs for completing the puzzles were hilarious and the zombie-hand-to-face slapping doesn't get old.  In many ways I think this series is well on it's way to surpassing the last full Monkey Island (Escape?).
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude

What does a Screaming MooseWoman sound like? Oh... Mooseman... you're Super.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#12  Edited By citizenkane

If you throw in some nachos & cheese then count me in as part of your team!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187
    @SuperMooseman said:
    "...to get into the S&M world. "
    This thread just got kinky.  RAWR
    Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you start making a game, post about it. i wanna hear about it!

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By StarFoxA

I would play this... but I have a Mac.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.