Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 10, 2013

An HD compilation of Tales of Symphonia (GCN/PS2) and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii) for the PS3.

Tales of Symphonia Comparison Video (via Kotaku)

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By TepidShark

Kotaku released this video comparing the Gamecube and PS3 versions of Tales of Symphonia:

I never played this game but considering how action packed the combat seems I might be into it now.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Eh, the average consumer probably won't notice a big difference.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@marokai said:

Eh, the average consumer probably won't notice a big difference.

lol ok that got me

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Symphonia is a great game. The sequel, not so much.

Hopefully this sells enough that Sega takes notice and finally pulls the trigger on Skies of Arcadia HD.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never really liked Symphonia but wasn't it confirmed that we will get dual Audio with this one? If so I will just buy it to show my support XD

Avatar image for omniscientcajun
    omniscientcajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hopefully this sells enough that Sega takes notice and finally pulls the trigger on Skies of Arcadia HD.

I replayed Skies of Arcadia: Legends within the last 2 years - man that game holds up and is fantastic. Sure it could use some higher production values by today's standards and memory allotments. But the characters, the story, the world, the ship battles - probably my favorite JRPG.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would buy a Skies HD for the PC. It's probably the only Dreamcast exclusive I care about.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldenglishc

@oldenglishc said:

I replayed Skies of Arcadia: Legends within the last 2 years - man that game holds up and is fantastic. Sure it could use some higher production values by today's standards and memory allotments. But the characters, the story, the world, the ship battles - probably my favorite JRPG.

My copy of legends freezes up whenever I get to the part where you have to enter the mine in the side of the mountain. One of these days I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and buy another copy.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The way they cut down on the black outlines seems really odd to me, probably won't notice it so much when i'm actually playing it but i am glad i have a gamecube copy. Can't wait to play Symphonia and not the sequel!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Man the Ps3 version is in Japanese!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

...I actually think the original Gamecube version looks a little better, stylistically speaking anywhoo =/. Oh well, this HD compilation will include all of the PS2 port's additions too (which I'm to believe isn't much, though...), so I'm definitely down to playing this version all the same. Plus having a PS3 copy available will make it more convenient to play in general, instead of needing to set up the gamecube again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.