Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Vesperia

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 07, 2008

Tales of Vesperia is a Japanese Role-Playing Game and the first entry in the long-running "Tales of" franchise on seventh-generation consoles.

Is the US Version of Tales of Vesperia Region Locked?

SaitenMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SaitenMar

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone knew if the Version to be released in the US is going to be Region Locked? I know it hasn't been released yet so we can't be 100% sure but I was hopeing someone might have heard something. Now I don't import many Japanese games if I'm honest, I imported Lost Odyssey which was Region Free. I have read that the Japanese version which as already been released is Region Locked, though the Japanese Version of Lost Odyssey is Region Locked aswell... yet the US Version (or English Speaking Version) works on both US 360's and PAL 360 systems. So I'm still a little unclear! it could be that its the same way and that the US English Speaking Version will work on PAL System!

Anyone know!

Thanks!

plainoldsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By plainoldsam

Sorry, a member of NeoGAF ran a test and found that the NA version of Tales of Vesperia is not compatible with PAL systems. I feel for you guys though.

SaitenMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SaitenMar
    plainoldsam said:
    "Sorry, a member of NeoGAF ran a test and found that the NA version of Tales of Vesperia is not compatible with PAL systems. I feel for you guys though."

Thanks for the info mate, I'll never understand why they don't make them region free because they would make much more money. Guess we'll have to wait. I hear Q1 2009 now though I have a feeling that'll be delayed!
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael
    SaitenMar said:

Thanks for the info mate, I'll never understand why they don't make them region free because they would make much more money. Guess we'll have to wait. I hear Q1 2009 now though I have a feeling that'll be delayed!"
    Thing is, they don't. By region locking they can(and do) price discriminate. If you compare the prices of games here in Europe to the U.S ones, you'll find that prices can be almost twice as high here. While I do understand  that the companies only want money, I don't see why the EU releases are so late. It's not like it takes half a year to make German, French and Spanish translations of the instruction books, right?(Most of the European countries don't even need translated versions.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.