Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Xillia 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 19, 2014

Fourteenth flagship title in the Tales series and direct sequel to Tales of Xillia.

Release date: 22nd August, 2014.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

As confirmed via the Tales facebook page. Though the CE picture shows the PEGI rating, so I wonder if this is to be a simultaneous release for both US and Europe. EDIT: OK, I think the US version is to be released on the 19th as expected.

So... anyone on here even care? I'm sure @sparky_buzzsaw is probably excited at this news at least. Though as for myself I couldn't even be bothered completing the first Xillia. And while the sequel is often cited as being much, much better, it still features that same bland art style and the combat is assuredly very similar, which is one aspect that just didn't draw me in like most Tales games have in the past.

Frankly I'm much more interested in seeing how Zestiria's going to shape up, since it's to have the guy responsible for Graces F's combat system. And for everything that sucks about Graces F (and there's a lot) I could at least say without reservation that it has some utterly fantastic combat.

Now if only they would consider releasing the PS3 version of Vesperia as well one day, given the increased prominence of English-speaking Tales games recently. Hell, this year alone we've got three Tales release, with this, Symphonia Chronicles, and that Tales R vita one.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Oh God I dunno if I can go back into this world. I really loved Tales of Xillia, but its ending was just kinda crap. I mean the epilogue. The part where Jude and Milla hold hands and everyone's all happy they saved the world is pretty good. They should have stopped there. Everything after that just kinda left a sour taste in my mouth.

Also from what I've seen of this game, it seems to be mostly copy and pasted environments which sounds super lame and I'm kinda sick of JRPG sequels that do this now.

Arrrrghghghghg I'm probably gonna cave and buy this.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I liked Xillia enough to grab this day 1, even though that game was a rushed mess at the end. Also noticed they didn't bother to unlock the main characters voice on the first play-through for NA Xillia 2. I'm not sure I will play Xillia 2 a second time just to hear the main dude talk...

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irrelevantjohn: W....what? You can't hear the MC talk on your first playthrough? That's.....weird?

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'll definitely get it. I don't expect it to blow me away, but I had fun with Xillia, and would like to see what they do with the cast in another story.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irrelevantjohn: W....what? You can't hear the MC talk on your first playthrough? That's.....weird?

Yeah that's how it is in the JP version. He will be silent on the first run and when you start a NG+ you can buy his voice in the Grade shop for 0 points. Also he only speaks during the choice segments.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@steadyingmeat said:

Yeah that's how it is in the JP version. He will be silent on the first run and when you start a NG+ you can buy his voice in the Grade shop for 0 points. Also he only speaks during the choice segments.

So, can you at least choose what he says? Or is he primarily silent beyond a handful of these 'choice segments' you mentioned? And do these choices even have much bearing on the plot?

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By irrelevantjohn
    @yummylee said:
    Hell, this year alone we've got three Tales release, with this, Symphonia Chronicles, and that Tales R vita one.

I hope that Tales of Hearts R does well enough to bring over Tales of Innocence R. Although I don't have much hope for Hearts R to move at all.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irrelevantjohn: Huh.....I think I actually kinda like that. I wasn't super excited that there was a new main character, but maybe if he's silent he wouldn't be too bad. I dunno, I've always had a soft spot for silent protagonists :P

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@yummylee: He's primarily silent beyond a handful of the choice segments. As for the choices, I don't know if they do anything with the plot since I tried staying away from the plot as much as I can.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was pretty down on Xillia at first but got a second wind after gritting my teeth for a while, mostly thanks to Milla's play style. Maxed out aerial abilities coupled with all the elemental attacks made for really fun battles. The story never really picked up but at least the premise for 2 sounds way more interesting and Ludger's combos remind me of Pandora Dante from DMC4.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes I'm excited. I'm almost done with Xillia and I've been enjoying the game a lot. It's also my first Tales game and I guess I'll be playing all of them from now since this last year I've been getting into Japanese stuff (animes, games) and there's a bunch of JRPG's I want to play and already have. Yay JRPG's!

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Xillia enough to grab this day 1, even though that game was a rushed mess at the end. Also noticed they didn't bother to unlock the main characters voice on the first play-through for NA Xillia 2. I'm not sure I will play Xillia 2 a second time just to hear the main dude talk...

There's a pretty specific story reason for not hearing him talk the first time through

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

@irrelevantjohn said:

There's a pretty specific story reason for not hearing him talk the first time through

That's good to know! Is it worth to play it a second time then?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

@irrelevantjohn said:

That's good to know! Is it worth to play it a second time then?

The other endings are pretty great and having him voiced for the bad ending gives it more impact.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Looking forward to this and Hearts R!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I should really finish Xillia. I even gave it a spot on my top ten games last year but failed to finish it. Its a really fun game though.

Bobbyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Bobbyr

I really liked the first one despite the few plot holes in the end (granted I've only play Jude's story because, frankly, I don't have time for another 60 hrs just to see a slightly different version of the story lol). But I'm probably going to get this day one. Man, my PS3 has been getting a workout the past few months

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.