There is a magic, long forgotten by many, the magic of the earth, of gems. Taric's father was an excellent healer, and Taric was genuinely interested in his father's pursuits, even from a very young age. But soon enough, Taric had exhausted his father's extensive library and set off on his own. He was not to be a healer, but a defender, using the magic of the earth to protect.
- If Taric targets himself with Imbue, he'll be healed for more. As a result, he's very effective at tanking turrets.
- Use Taric's ultimate, Radiance during pushes or team fights to boost the damage of your teammates.
- Taric's ultimate also affects minions which can be a great way to push through an enemy inhibitor or turret.
- Teaming Taric and Sivir together make a very effective pushing team.
- Chalice of Harmony is an excellent item on Taric as it allows him to keep his ult on longer.
- One of the best ways to itemize Taric is to stack auras; Aegis of the Legion, Soul Shroud , and Stark's Fervor are three items you want to get on Taric.
- As Taric's base armor is already high thanks to his Shatter, Mercury Thread's a good item to grab on him since he will often be the focus target in teamfights. The magic resist also helps him as his starting magic resist is very low.
- "More than precious stones, I bring you an ancient power."
- "Emerald for insight."
- "Ruby for vigor."
- "Sapphire for divinity."
- "Opal for harmony."
- "You shall be crushed."
- "Gems hold their edge."
- "Magic has ruined this land."
- "With clarity."
- "I will weep for you."
- "You are nothing more than glass, waiting to be smashed."
- "Gems? Gems are truly outrageous. They are truly, truly, truly outrageous."
- Taric's joke is a reference to the 80's cartoon "Jem" intro.
- Taric's third Skin "Armor of the Fifth Age" is a tribute to Blizzard. It uses the Paladin's tier 5 armor (from World of Warcraft) as its inspiration.
- In Taric's Skin pictures, he wields his shield in his right hand and his hammer in his left hand, while in-game, it is the opposite.
|Base Stats( per level)|
|Base Damage||55.2 (3.38)|
|Crit Chance||2 (0.25)|
|Spell Block||30 (0)|
|Attack Speed||0.61 (1.9%)|
|Health Regen||1.42 (0.1)|
|Mana Regen||0.82 (0.08)|
|Taric brings forth earthen energy to heal his target. As the magic flows through him he is healed for the same amount. If Taric heals only himself, the total effect will be 1.4X the base heal amount.|
Taric brings forth earthen energy to heal a nearby ally and himself for 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 ( 1.1 per ability power). If Taric heals only himself, the heal will be 40% more effective. Melee attacks on enemies decrease this spell's cooldown by 2 seconds per hit.
80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 Mana
|Taric is protected by a hardening aura, increasing the armor of himself and nearby allied champions. He may choose to splinter the enchanted rocks surrounding him to deal damage and decrease the armor of nearby enemies at the cost of the aura for a short time.|
Passive: Provides 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 bonus armor to himself and nearby allies.
Active: Taric deals 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 ( 1 per ability power) magic damage to nearby enemies and decreases their armor by 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 for 4 seconds. The passive is not in effect during the cooldown.
50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 Mana
|Taric emits a brilliant ball of prismatic light from his gemmed shield, stunning and damaging his enemies.|
Taric fires a sphere of prismatic light at an enemy, dealing 0 - 80 / 160 / 240 / 320 / 400 ( 1 per ability power) magic damage (lower damage the further the target is), and stunning them for .5 - 2 seconds (higher stun the further the target is).
|Radiance (Active)||Taric slams the ground dealing magic damage to nearby enemies. For the next 10 seconds, Taric gains attack damage and ability power and receives an aura that grants nearby allied champions half the bonuses|
|Gemcraft (Passive)||Taric loves to socket magical gems into all of his weapons, resulting in his melee attacks replenishing his mana for 7.5% of damage dealt.|