Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

A revamped edition of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes with new characters, modes, and features. Designed with an international release in mind, all but one character from the original roster remains, as well as several fan-favorite new challengers.

Amusing Online Tales

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

I just had a series of matches that I simply could not believe.  I was paired with a random opponent in Free Battle mode.  My opponent was brand new to online; no win/loss record in Free Battle and no BP.

Here's how things played out.  In all of the following matches, I was using my go-to team of Yatterman-1/Doronjo:

Match 1:  Opponent uses Ryu and Chun-Li.  I win by Time Over in a very close match.
    Match 2:  Opponent uses the same fighters.  Once again, I win by Time Over in a very close match.
    Match 3:  See above.
    Match 4:  My opponent is obviously flustered by this point and busts out Gold Lightan.  I win by KO without losing either of my fighters.
    Match 5:  My opponent returned to Ryu and Chun-Li.  It's once again close, but I come from behind to win by Time Over.

The best part?  The dude simply did not give up, and after he decided to break, he accepted a Rival request.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By apathylad

So were these rematches, or was he randomly assigned to you five times? I was pretty annoyed when I kept getting the same guy over and over. That dude had a large BP score.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hailinel
    @Apathylad said:
    " So were these rematches, or was he randomly assigned to you five times? I was pretty annoyed when I kept getting the same guy over and over. That dude had a large BP score. "
    They were all rematches.  I haven't been randomly assigned to the same person twice in a row since the weekend before the game officially came out when I bought a broken street date copy.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By rallier

Hahaha love the desperate attempt to crush you with a robot at round 4.

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By smokeyd123

I wish my matches had been like that. So far I've only played 3 matches and they went something like this:

Match 1: Opponent uses Ryu/Jun. I win without losing a fighter using Batsu/Karas
    Match 2: Lagged to hell. I beat my opponents first fighter without losing much health. He disconnects.
    Match 3: See above.

So... yeah. I haven't had much luck.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By demontium
    @Hailinel said:
    " I just had a series of matches that I simply could not believe.  I was paired with a random opponent in Free Battle mode.  My opponent was brand new to online; no win/loss record in Free Battle and no BP.  Here's how things played out.  In all of the following matches, I was using my go-to team of Yatterman-1/Doronjo:  Match 1:  Opponent uses Ryu and Chun-Li.  I win by Time Over in a very close match. Match 2:  Opponent uses the same fighters.  Once again, I win by Time Over in a very close match. Match 3:  See above. Match 4:  My opponent is obviously flustered by this point and busts out Gold Lightan.  I win by KO without losing either of my fighters. Match 5:  My opponent returned to Ryu and Chun-Li.  It's once again close, but I come from behind to win by Time Over.  The best part?  The dude simply did not give up, and after he decided to break, he accepted a Rival request. "
    This is how I got 1000BP so fast, this guy with 2000 was really horrible with PTX  

Match 1: Lol... perfect against PTX (using Morrigan/TekkaBlade) 
    Match 2: Lol... another perfect 
    Match 3: He switches to G. Lightan, same result 
    Match 4: Yawn.... this is getting old.... no perfect but I still win. 
    Match 5: Goes back to PTX, I get another Perfect.  

(he loses 50 BP and I gain 250)

sends me a rival request and I accept/challenge him, and he unknowingly accepts 

so... 
    Match 6: He realizes its... STILL ME! and so he uses Zero (of course) and Ryu. I still win with both characters. 
    he quites 

I do a couple matches (like 15) and I meet with him again, and he rage quites mid game.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hailinel
    @demontium: That got a hearty chuckle out of me.  Good show!
    Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I don't have a Wii, but in SF4 player matches I know I've gone something like 0-7 playing against somebody really good, and I've had people who I wipe the floor with that keep coming back for more. Sometimes playing against somebody who's much better than you can be kind of a fun challenge to try and decode their patterns and fighting style so you can catch them in a bad spot and make them pay.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hailinel
    @Alex_Murphy said:
    " I don't have a Wii, but in SF4 player matches I know I've gone something like 0-7 playing against somebody really good, and I've had people who I wipe the floor with that keep coming back for more. Sometimes playing against somebody who's much better than you can be kind of a fun challenge to try and decode their patterns and fighting style so you can catch them in a bad spot and make them pay. "
    Very true.  Though sometimes when playing SFIV I'd get matched with fighters that I was hopelessly outclassed against and pretty much became a practice dummy, for all intents and purposes.
    RLLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By RLLink

One match. The highlight of it was: 
    2a. Everywhere. And a occasional trip/air combo. 2a is the best thing ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.