Hats - do people still want them?

Avatar image for winternet
#1 Edited by Winternet (8397 posts) -

If so, I have one in my inventory that I can give away. I don't really know if it's a good one or not. Are there good and bad hats or just . . hats?

Alien Swarm Parasite

Level 20 hat

Avatar image for misterhaan
#2 Posted by misterhaan (264 posts) -

some hats are more desirable (rare?) than others, but i don't know the difference. i'm a bit of a lazy hat collector myself so if you're just looking to give it away you can give it to me.

Avatar image for coverlesstech
#3 Posted by CoverlessTech (769 posts) -

Forget about it. You do not want to go down the path of TF2 economy. It is actually insane.

Avatar image for tormasturba
#4 Posted by TorMasturba (1123 posts) -

I never got the pull of the hat economy, it just reminded me of xbox 360 avatar clothes that you can purchase, and that doesn't really DO anything for your gameplay except look shiny.

Avatar image for winternet
#5 Posted by Winternet (8397 posts) -

@misterhaan: If you want the hat, send me an invite on Steam and I'll give it to you.

Avatar image for winternet
#6 Posted by Winternet (8397 posts) -

Anyone? Want it?

Avatar image for ghostiet
#7 Posted by Ghostiet (5832 posts) -

It's a hat you can get for free for just playing Alien Swarm, which is also free, so pretty much everyone has it.

Avatar image for vonocourt
#8 Posted by Vonocourt (2192 posts) -

Is the Max scalp hat still rare?

Avatar image for valrog
#9 Posted by valrog (3741 posts) -

@Ghostiet said:

It's a hat you can get for free for just playing Alien Swarm, which is also free, so pretty much everyone has it.

What this guy said. But I have one important question. Is it craftable?

Avatar image for aus_azn
#10 Edited by Aus_azn (2272 posts) -

@valrog said:

@Ghostiet said:

It's a hat you can get for free for just playing Alien Swarm, which is also free, so pretty much everyone has it.

What this guy said. But I have one important question. Is it craftable?

Don't think so?

And I hate hats. I fucking hate hats. Useless crap that, IMO, ruined TF2.

Avatar image for mylifeforaiur
#11 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3505 posts) -

@Aus_azn said:

@valrog said:

@Ghostiet said:

It's a hat you can get for free for just playing Alien Swarm, which is also free, so pretty much everyone has it.

What this guy said. But I have one important question. Is it craftable?

Don't think so?

And I hate hats. I fucking hate hats.

What about a sexy hat?

Avatar image for aus_azn
#12 Posted by Aus_azn (2272 posts) -

@mylifeforAiur said:

@Aus_azn said:

@valrog said:

@Ghostiet said:

It's a hat you can get for free for just playing Alien Swarm, which is also free, so pretty much everyone has it.

What this guy said. But I have one important question. Is it craftable?

Don't think so?

And I hate hats. I fucking hate hats.

What about a sexy hat?

Still hate them. I have a few rare hats of my own (Otolaryngologist's mirror or whatever it is, a couple for the sniper and a hatless engineer), but I just think it skewed TF2's unlock system in the wrong direction.

Avatar image for mylifeforaiur
#13 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3505 posts) -

@Aus_azn said:

@mylifeforAiur said:

@Aus_azn said:

@valrog said:

@Ghostiet said:

It's a hat you can get for free for just playing Alien Swarm, which is also free, so pretty much everyone has it.

What this guy said. But I have one important question. Is it craftable?

Don't think so?

And I hate hats. I fucking hate hats.

What about a sexy hat?

Still hate them. I have a few rare hats of my own (Otolaryngologist's mirror or whatever it is, a couple for the sniper and a hatless engineer), but I just think it skewed TF2's unlock system in the wrong direction.

Yeah, my bad. I was just trying to make a lame Parks and Recreation reference. If it's any consolation, I think that the whole hat thing is a little silly, but not nearly as silly as the avid hat collectors.

Avatar image for valrog
#14 Posted by valrog (3741 posts) -

@Aus_azn: Hm, too bad. Also, you should hate crates more than hats.

Avatar image for aus_azn
#15 Posted by Aus_azn (2272 posts) -

@mylifeforAiur said:

@Aus_azn said:

@mylifeforAiur said:

@Aus_azn said:

@valrog said:

@Ghostiet said:

It's a hat you can get for free for just playing Alien Swarm, which is also free, so pretty much everyone has it.

What this guy said. But I have one important question. Is it craftable?

Don't think so?

And I hate hats. I fucking hate hats.

What about a sexy hat?

Still hate them. I have a few rare hats of my own (Otolaryngologist's mirror or whatever it is, a couple for the sniper and a hatless engineer), but I just think it skewed TF2's unlock system in the wrong direction.

Yeah, my bad. I was just trying to make a lame Parks and Recreation reference. If it's any consolation, I think that the whole hat thing is a little silly, but not nearly as silly as the avid hat collectors.

Very true. I've never seen the show, so it just blew right past me. Sorry! :P

@valrog said:

@Aus_azn: Hm, too bad. Also, you should hate crates more than hats.

Oh, believe me, I do. I hate the whole drop system. I liked it when everything was achievement-centric. Now, it's just random and pointless.

All crates for me just go straight to the trash.

Avatar image for madz
#16 Posted by Madz (71 posts) -

Hell yeah they do. I shudder to think how much a Max's head costs right now.

Avatar image for winternet
#17 Posted by Winternet (8397 posts) -

I have:

  • Alien Swarm Parasite lvl 20 hat ; Noise Maker lvl 5 party favor ; Secret Saxton lvl 1 gift ; Ellis' Cap lvl 10 hat ; The Frying Pan lvl 5 ; Genuine Companion Cube Pin lvl 20 Badge

Anyone fancies these?

Avatar image for valrog
#18 Posted by valrog (3741 posts) -

@Winternet: Yes, sir. Add me - wrongwayassassin.

Avatar image for nevets
#19 Edited by Nevets (20 posts) -

@Winternet: I fancy the Secret Saxton gift and the Companion Cube Badge. Steam: NevetsGiarc

Avatar image for winternet
#20 Posted by Winternet (8397 posts) -

@Nevets: aww I'm sorry duder. @valrog: got them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.