Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Dec 18, 2008

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion is an updated version of Tekken 6 for arcades, which has also been ported to PS3, Xbox 360 and PSP. The home console releases have been released simply as "Tekken 6".

tekken 6 fist fighting game to have and sate loot lust

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

I my be the only one but actually love the campaign mode.
    I think its great, it's finally a fight game that has something else to do besides just fighting.
    I think tekken 6 is actually worth the $60 unlike street fighter 4 I got board with in like an hour. 
    there are hundreds of awesome items for each of the 40 characters. Also 40 dudes not the 10 that was in street fighter 4 and 6 of those characters are exactly the same.

Scorpinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Scorpinox

I like it,but it kinda reminds me of the Tekken 5 mini game and it's got alot of issues.Most notably,it really needs a block button.I hope there is some way to block attacks in Scenario and I'm just missing it,but why can't it just be mapped to a button? I'm getting frustrated going through scenario mode without blocking anything when I want to.I noticed some attacks seem to be automatically blocked,but it's not even helpful and I don't understand how it happens occasionally when I'm not pressing buttons(other times,I'm not pressing buttons and I get hit,so what the fuck?). 

So,if there is a way to block then someone please tell me.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3  Edited By Symphony

Finally a game that does what Tobal No. 1 did 12 years ago! ;P (Or Ergheiz which was a terrible fighting game but the Diablo-esque dungeon crawler part was kinda fun)

Err SFIV has 25 fighters, not 10 o.O

I'll be picking up Tekken 6 pretty soon, but I'mwaiting out the poor online quality atm.. Hopefully they work out the kinks within a week or two, or apply a patch if they need to.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

Is this a thread about how good Tekken is or is it a thread about how much you must suck at street fighter 4, im confused 

Scorpinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scorpinox

According to the topic creator,it is both.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By trophyhunter
    @ZombieHunter said:
    " Is this a thread about how good Tekken is or is it a thread about how much you must suck at street fighter 4, im confused  "
    oh I don't think SF4 is the 2nd coming so I must suck at it right?
    no I'm good at it I won alot online I just don't think its that great 
    I also hate halo and half-life ohga boga bo I have an option..............scary 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't have the daftest clue about spelling, punctuation, sentence construction, hell writing in general.
    Which leaves me to the conclusion that you are an imbecile or some person with gnarled roots for hands which impede you from hitting your keyboard properly and pulling off quarter moves in SFIV and thereby relying on the tap controls of Tekken. I'll plead ignorance if this is not the case seeing as I haven't played a Tekken game properly since 3. I have Tekken 5 on the PS3, but it hasn't gripped me when I have VF5 and SFIV.

In the interest of this post not just adding to my ever growing pile of me being a dickhole, I would appreciate a proper review/description/whatever of this, because the mention of Tobal No. 1 has peaked my interest

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trophyhunter
    @TeflonBilly said:
    " You don't have the daftest clue about spelling, punctuation, sentence construction, hell writing in general. Which leaves me to the conclusion that you are an imbecile or some person with gnarled roots for hands which impede you from hitting your keyboard properly and pulling off quarter moves in SFIV and thereby relying on the tap controls of Tekken. I'll plead ignorance if this is not the case seeing as I haven't played a Tekken game properly since 3. I have Tekken 5 on the PS3, but it hasn't gripped me when I have VF5 and SFIV.  In the interest of this post not just adding to my ever growing pile of me being a dickhole, I would appreciate a proper review/description/whatever of this, because the mention of Tobal No. 1 has peaked my interest "
    oh well you understood what said and nothing was misspelled so fuck you, and your not really a dickhole at least that I remember.
    tamerxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By tamerxero

You...need to calm down, man.  You just bashed Street Fighter 4, which many consider to best one of, if not the best 2-d style fighter on the market.  (Yes, I know the game is rendered in 3D, but it's played as a traditional 3D fighter.)  What kind of response were you hoping to get when you said that the game "has only 10 fighters and 6 of them are exactly the same." 

I mean, I see your point.  You like quantity in a fighting game.  You also like a variety of game modes to keep you coming back.  In that regard, I have mad respect for you, because I agree.  It's time fighting games brought more to the table than the regular arcade, vs, and time attack modes.  Bravo for Tekken 6 for doing this (although I am actually disappointed with how poorly I believe campaign mode is set up, although I do welcome the change of pace).  It really helps the game earn the price tag. 

But mocking a superb fighter, and then the people that support that game in retaliation to your hate, is simply not the way to show your support for Tekken.  I mean, come on.  Using the word "dickhole" was juvenile at best.  Yeah, the mocked you first, but honestly, you did kind of deserve it. 

Also, as previously pointed out, Street Fighter has way more than 10 characters.  And they all play different, no matter how similar their styles seem at first.

MasterMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MasterMind

i love everything about this game except azezel his cheap ass. but yea its sweet as hell

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trophyhunter
    @tamerxero said:

" You...need to calm down, man.  You just bashed Street Fighter 4, which many consider to best one of, if not the best 2-d style fighter on the market.  (Yes, I know the game is rendered in 3D, but it's played as a traditional 3D fighter.)  What kind of response were you hoping to get when you said that the game "has only 10 fighters and 6 of them are exactly the same." 

I mean, I see your point.  You like quantity in a fighting game.  You also like a variety of game modes to keep you coming back.  In that regard, I have mad respect for you, because I agree.  It's time fighting games brought more to the table than the regular arcade, vs, and time attack modes.  Bravo for Tekken 6 for doing this (although I am actually disappointed with how poorly I believe campaign mode is set up, although I do welcome the change of pace).  It really helps the game earn the price tag. 

But mocking a superb fighter, and then the people that support that game in retaliation to your hate, is simply not the way to show your support for Tekken.  I mean, come on.  Using the word "dickhole" was juvenile at best.  Yeah, the mocked you first, but honestly, you did kind of deserve it.  Also, as previously pointed out, Street Fighter has way more than 10 characters.  And they all play different, no matter how similar their styles seem at first. "

TeflonBilly said he was being a dickhole and I was telling him he was not being one 
    and are you honestly going to tell me that ryu,ken,sakura, dan, goken actually have meaningful differences 
    yeah yeah its really 5 not 6 akuma is different but all those guys have the exact same moves
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By PureRok
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @tamerxero said:

" You...need to calm down, man.  You just bashed Street Fighter 4, which many consider to best one of, if not the best 2-d style fighter on the market.  (Yes, I know the game is rendered in 3D, but it's played as a traditional 3D fighter.)  What kind of response were you hoping to get when you said that the game "has only 10 fighters and 6 of them are exactly the same." 

But mocking a superb fighter, and then the people that support that game in retaliation to your hate, is simply not the way to show your support for Tekken.  I mean, come on.  Using the word "dickhole" was juvenile at best.  Yeah, the mocked you first, but honestly, you did kind of deserve it.  Also, as previously pointed out, Street Fighter has way more than 10 characters.  And they all play different, no matter how similar their styles seem at first. "

TeflonBilly said he was being a dickhole and I was telling him he was not being one  and are you honestly going to tell me that ryu,ken,sakura, dan, goken actually have meaningful differences  yeah yeah its really 5 not 6 akuma is different but all those guys have the exact same moves "
    Gouken, Sakura, and Dan are vastly different from Ken and Ryu (who do have differences of their own). You would know this if you tried using Sakura, Dan, or Gouken.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By trophyhunter
    @PureRok said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @tamerxero said:

TeflonBilly said he was being a dickhole and I was telling him he was not being one  and are you honestly going to tell me that ryu,ken,sakura, dan, goken actually have meaningful differences  yeah yeah its really 5 not 6 akuma is different but all those guys have the exact same moves "
    Gouken, Sakura, and Dan are vastly different from Ken and Ryu (who do have differences of their own). You would know this if you tried using Sakura, Dan, or Gouken. "
    Sakura is my favorite character
    tamerxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By tamerxero
    @trophyhunter: I'm starting to believe you don't understand how these characters differences work.  It's like...you just seem like a button masher when you say things like how the shotokan fighters are all alike.  And any good Sakura player would probably suck with Akuma or Ryu.  Her mechanics, especially the charging of her hadoken and her whirlwind kick. 

You also neglect the fact that Street Fighter fanboys can give the exact same argument about Tekken.  Up until Tekken 4 (I believe), there were 3 Mishima-style Karate users (Heihachi, Kazuya and Jin).  It was only when 4 came out that they began to exhibit radical differences, although Heihachi and Kazuya  had a ton of similar moves.  Jin even retained 2 or 3 of his older, stronger moves from his previous fighting style (it was between 3 and 4 that he became a traditional karate student).  And even then, you have a few characters that play similar.  Nina and Anna, King and Iron King, Baek Doo San and Hwoarang.  All of these characters have similar styles, and to a new player (or an ignorant one), they all play the same. 

But, in fact, they don't.  Just like Street Fighter, Tekken has it's characters who may share in the same style, but ultimately, it's the small differences in each of the characters' play styles that determine how they fight.  And no matter how small they are, once you start using the character, they're going to be big differences down the line.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.