Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Dec 18, 2008

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion is an updated version of Tekken 6 for arcades, which has also been ported to PS3, Xbox 360 and PSP. The home console releases have been released simply as "Tekken 6".

Tekken 6 Goes Gold, Co-Op Patch Due After Launch

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff
    There will be menus! 
    There will be menus! 
    It's coming at the end of this month, and Namco has sent word that Tekken 6 has cleared the certification process and is off to manufacturing for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Of course, that's not a huge surprise. It's barely even news. But Namco included a quick set of features that the game will have that I think is a little more interesting.

The game will have support for creating and uploading ghosts, which are AI profiles based on the way you play Tekken. This has been a pretty cool feature in the previous Tekken games, and was one of the reasons why Tekken 5 was so good on the PSP. While I never really mistook those profiles for actual humans, they fight nastier than the default arcade-mode AI, so I'm guessing it'll allow for the same sort of challenge in Tekken 6. You'll be able to download and fight against any ghost you like.

The game has its campaign mode, which is sort of a brawler set in the Tekken universe, much like the Tekken Force modes of yore. Though the game won't ship with this feature, Namco is working on an online co-op patch for this mode. The co-op add-on will be free. Of course, it'll also have an online mode with rankings and leaderboards and all that stuff, too.

Tekken 6 has sort of flown under the radar for me lately since the arcade version felt too similar to Tekken 5, but I'm definitely warming up to the idea as its release date nears. Let's hope the online works well enough to satisfy.
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff
    There will be menus! 
    There will be menus! 
    It's coming at the end of this month, and Namco has sent word that Tekken 6 has cleared the certification process and is off to manufacturing for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Of course, that's not a huge surprise. It's barely even news. But Namco included a quick set of features that the game will have that I think is a little more interesting.

The game will have support for creating and uploading ghosts, which are AI profiles based on the way you play Tekken. This has been a pretty cool feature in the previous Tekken games, and was one of the reasons why Tekken 5 was so good on the PSP. While I never really mistook those profiles for actual humans, they fight nastier than the default arcade-mode AI, so I'm guessing it'll allow for the same sort of challenge in Tekken 6. You'll be able to download and fight against any ghost you like.

The game has its campaign mode, which is sort of a brawler set in the Tekken universe, much like the Tekken Force modes of yore. Though the game won't ship with this feature, Namco is working on an online co-op patch for this mode. The co-op add-on will be free. Of course, it'll also have an online mode with rankings and leaderboards and all that stuff, too.

Tekken 6 has sort of flown under the radar for me lately since the arcade version felt too similar to Tekken 5, but I'm definitely warming up to the idea as its release date nears. Let's hope the online works well enough to satisfy.
    Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

first 
    rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By rinkalicous
    @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " first  "
    Actually, this is the sixth Tekken in the main series.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EvilTwin

Giantbomb community apparently not big fans of Tekken.

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Rio

I'm sure I'll end up getting this.  I was worried about the series with 4, but after 5 came out it renewed my faith in Tekken.  

KuribosShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By KuribosShoe

I'm excited!

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Nettacki

Totally looking forward to this!

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Noodles
    @EvilTwin said:
    " Giantbomb community apparently not big fans of Tekken. "
    I'm a huge fan of competitive fighting games and buy just about every fighter that comes out, but even to me Tekken isn't very appealing. The series hasn't really evolved since Tekken Tag Tournament (or even before then, for that matter). The only reason I think that it still has mass market appeal is because of how easy it is to button mash your way to victory, so it really caters to the casual fighting game fans who just want to feel like they are actually stringing intelligent combos together. That said, I still have it on pre-order because I am a sucker. 

tl;dr - Tekken is the red headed stepchild of fighting games, even Soul Calibur and DOA are more interesting.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64

I think I'm going to end up getting this game.  It's been forever since I've played Tekken.

sloppyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By sloppyjoe

Cool.  I'm one of the few that likes fighter campaign modes, I'm guessing?  I'm still on the fence about Tekken 6... I'm still having a good time with Soul Cal 4.  I'm a much bigger Soul Cal fan.

Dragonseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Dragonseer
    @Noodles said: 

The series hasn't really evolved since Tekken Tag Tournament (or even before then, for that matter). The only reason I think that it still has mass market appeal is because of how easy it is to button mash your way to victory, so it really caters to the casual fighting game fans who just want to feel like they are actually stringing intelligent combos together. That said, I still have it on pre-order because I am a sucker.    

Tekken is consistently the number one arcade game in Japan for a reason, and that's because it is the best fighter for high level competitive play.  Korea also has a massive fanbase and televises matches - look for 'Tekken Crash' on youtube.  Tekken 6 itself has been balanced and refined after a long two year period in arcades - you don't have this massive community emerge for a casual 'button masher', and this scene would of died long ago it hadn't really evolved.  If you can mash and have fun though go for it, but there is much more to the game than that.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12  Edited By Symphony
    @Noodles said:
    " @EvilTwin said:
    I'm a huge fan of competitive fighting games and buy just about every fighter that comes out, but even to me Tekken isn't very appealing. The series hasn't really evolved since Tekken Tag Tournament (or even before then, for that matter). The only reason I think that it still has mass market appeal is because of how easy it is to button mash your way to victory, so it really caters to the casual fighting game fans who just want to feel like they are actually stringing intelligent combos together. That said, I still have it on pre-order because I am a sucker.   tl;dr - Tekken is the red headed stepchild of fighting games, even Soul Calibur and DOA are more interesting. "
    I tend to disagree with this -- For me, Soulcalibur has always felt more like the go-to for people who just want to button mash their way to victory. Tekken at least has a bit of a combo and juggling system -- you can't just button mash the 10-hit combos, for example, and the parrying is a bit more flushed out than SC's (at least for a few characters like Asuka). Sure Eddy / Christie are go-tos for button mashers ("Hey look I can keep spinning around and doing crazy kicks!") but characters like Lei or King take a bit of finesse to master the combos for.

That said, Tekken 3 still felt like the best in the series to me and the series has been rather hoo-hum since then... but I could say the same about Soul Calibur since the original one on the DC.
    SpiderX20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SpiderX20

Wooo! I still don't see why they don't put in a Tag mode from Tekken Tag, but looking forward to this one.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#14  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm excited to play this.  Big fan of the Tekken series.
    Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By Atlas

So ready to play some Tekken 6 on my 360. I'm practically frothing at the mouth.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Media_Master

Can't wait to play it!

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By InfiniteGeass

Can't wait to play this. Tekken has always been my favorite series of fighting games.

babz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By babz
    @Noodles said:
    " @EvilTwin said:
    I'm a huge fan of competitive fighting games and buy just about every fighter that comes out, but even to me Tekken isn't very appealing. The series hasn't really evolved since Tekken Tag Tournament (or even before then, for that matter). The only reason I think that it still has mass market appeal is because of how easy it is to button mash your way to victory, so it really caters to the casual fighting game fans who just want to feel like they are actually stringing intelligent combos together. That said, I still have it on pre-order because I am a sucker.   tl;dr - Tekken is the red headed stepchild of fighting games, even Soul Calibur and DOA are more interesting. "
    you dont know what your talking about!! end of!
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By TheHBK

Seeing a picture of the Armour King (sponsored by Armour Hot Dogs) it just makes me think... man, Tekken is still the most retarded fighting game on the planet.  I think we would all be excited to see a new and improved DOA game with more realistic breast physics, using the Forza 3 physics calcs, than this.
    A grandpa being the most badass character in the series and guy with a cat head?  Oh man, Street Fighter is heading down a similar path with retarded characters like Gen, Rufus and el Fuerte.  Please, someone help me here.  I think ill go back to play Soul Caliber 1 on the DC or Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By InFamous91

Not 100% stoked for this 6th installment, but I'm definitely keeping Tekken 6 on my radar.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#21  Edited By beargirl1
    @Rinkalicous said:
    " @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " first  "
    Actually, this is the sixth Tekken in the main series. "
    i lol'd  
    that's probably the best response to any "FIRST!" comment i've ever seen. @JJOR64 said:
    " I think I'm going to end up getting this game.  It's been forever since I've played Tekken. "
    me too. i haven't played a tekken game since like 2002, and i never got around to getting Tekken 5 
    Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Doomshine
    @Noodles said:
    The series hasn't really evolved since Tekken Tag Tournament (or even before then, for that matter)
    People keep saying this over and over again and it's still a factually incorrect statement.

@Noodles said:
    The only reason I think that it still has mass market appeal is because of how easy it is to button mash your way to victory, so it really caters to the casual fighting game fans who just want to feel like they are actually stringing intelligent combos together.
    I don't see how Tekken is so significantly more mash friendly than SC or DOA, or almost any fighter for that matter.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @Rinkalicous said:
    " @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " first  "
    Actually, this is the sixth Tekken in the main series. "
    Well played good sir 
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrKlorox

Still no announcement for PC? Ah well, at least I can plug my stick into my 360. I use the rear slot because it has a tighter fit.

Though I'd be interested in the wireless Tekken 6 stick if it wasn't $150 bundled with the game.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By Chaos_Bladez

I'm so stoked for this.
    I'm just pissed it took so long. It's a fighting game that doesn't evolve and it took forever. Really?

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nettacki
    @Chaos_Bladez: See the previous comments on why you have said what is essentially an ignorant statement.
    Codariocalyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Codariocalyx
    @MrKlorox said:
    "Still no announcement for PC? Ah well, at least I can plug my stick into my 360. I use the rear slot because it has a tighter fit.  Though I'd be interested in the wireless Tekken 6 stick if it wasn't $150 bundled with the game. "
    Don't we all?
    coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By coughlanio

I haven't played since Tekken Tag Tournament, and this will be my first 3D fighter since Soul Calibur II on GameCube.

For some reason, I am deadly excited for this.

Ronnock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ronnock

The only issue I might have with this game is the ease to continue a juggle. Juggling is a key aspect in fighting games, but the ability to recover is as well. When you have a game mechanic that not only allows, but ENCOURAGES you to "bounce" an opponent to continue  a juggle...it seems a fruitless endeavor to even try to get out of the juggle. I find this to be a bit ridiculous. How would one escape a juggle like that? 

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30  Edited By BlackHeronBlue

any info on breast animation in this?

Scarabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Scarabus

Ghosts on the PSP game was a huge disappointment. 
    Yes you could upload your own ghost, but 
    A) You couldn't see it or play against it 
    B) Other players ghosts were distributed through ghost packs. There was never any way of telling if your ghost was ever in one of those. 
    C) Ghosts is a terrible replacement for actual online multiplayer

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By get2sammyb

I really loved Tekken 5 on the PS3 (the download from PSN), so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Plus I'm a big Tekken fan.

Mephiles1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mephiles1990
    @TheHBK said: 

" Seeing a picture of the Armour King (sponsored by Armour Hot Dogs) it just makes me think... man, Tekken is still the most retarded fighting game on the planet.  I think we would all be excited to see a new and improved DOA game with more realistic breast physics, using the Forza 3 physics calcs, than this. A grandpa being the most badass character in the series and guy with a cat head?  Oh man, Street Fighter is heading down a similar path with retarded characters like Gen, Rufus and el Fuerte.  Please, someone help me here.  I think ill go back to play Soul Caliber 1 on the DC or Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo "

You go ahead and do that, Grandpa. 

I honestly find Tekken's over-the-topness to be it's defining feature, the thing that sets it apart from other fighting games and makes it truly unique.    Not saying that you can't not enjoy the series. I'm just saying that you're stating something as if it were fact, when in actuality, it is your opinion. Oh, and Gen's been in the Street Fighter games since, like, Alpha 2.
    tamerxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By tamerxero

I can't wait to get this.  I was already sold, but then I saw the trailer with co-op Tekken Force!  That blew my mind so hard right there...

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By banzairyusan

Hey, good article, thanks. I too was trying to figure out why the Scenario Campaign was not co-op.  I thought it was a tutorial at first that you have to finish. I know it was designed to be two player as you have Lars and Alisa in the Tutorial. I have yet to play it, it just won't be as much fun if you can't get a buddy to play with or be able to find one online. 

I also noticed that the offline mode had more modes available than the online mode, like Team Battle which I thought was a nice feature like King of Fighters XII, except, it's not available in the online mode.

I can understand that as long as Namco plans to patch this, that I know they were interested in getting the game released on the date. I played online and there wasn't that much lag on the 360. The game ran pretty smoothly, except the bars can be kind of misleading. it shows all green bars but then you still get lag, there is no way to tell, like in Street Fighter IV, it was pretty accurate.

I found the lobbies to be nice to have 4 people in a room at once taking turns between matches, but if one person has a bad connection, it lags you so badly. -_-

Hopefully we'll get word when that patch will be available for download :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.