Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jun 05, 2016

The definitive version of Tekken 7 (and the one ported to home consoles), featuring a dedicated story mode that concludes the rivalry between Kazuya and Heihachi.

Season 2 announced (UPDATE!)

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cikame

UPDAAAAAATE! (19/8/18)

Extended gameplay released of Anna and Lei, including the release date of those characters both being 6th September, it seems like the price for Season 2 might be around $25.

Original Post August 5th

Ehem, breathe.

Season 2 was announced at EVO revealing... kind of everything the community wanted in one swift and brutal precision attack.
    Obviously it's hard to miss the guest character they announced from that thumbnail, i don't watch The Walking Dead so i don't have a clue, but he seems pretty cool and i'm sure some people will pick the game up just because of him so that's fantastic.
    But MY GOD Anna looks perfect, and i love how Lei looks, he has a suitably well animated Rage Art and MAN i'm so excited, AND THERE'S STILL 3 MORE TO REVEAL.

If you want to watch it again, here's a crowd reaction from EVO.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Negan is so stupid, but it might get some people to buy Tekken. There are still some unrevealed characters so I'm really hoping like the rest of the net for either Kiryu or Majima from Yakuza, it's just such a perfect fit, c'mon Harada you coward! :/

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kiryu would be good, but i'm going to throw my vote in for two other Sega characters, Axel and Blaze, male dlc characters outnumber female which is why i include Blaze, also she's just cool.
    Ultimate dream character would be Gene from God Hand, but that's not happening (for no good reason).

Axel
    Axel
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'm going to guess at least one more of these will be another Capcom fighter. I think Akuma fit pretty well with that game. Guile would maybe be an interesting fit, or Zangief.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akuma got away with it by having the most varied moveset of the shoto's, and by apparently being one of the most popular characters in the franchise (as evidenced any time his name pops up in any game), but i personally find most SF characters really boring.
    If i had to pick i think Makoto would be neat, there's no "pure" Karate practitioner in the game, Paul might be the closest, but i think they could do something unique with her.
    Q is extremely cool, but T7 already has a 7ft robot man, his inclusion just to have robot fights would be very cool though.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Negan is an extremely odd choice to me. Having Bullet club stuff and characters from other fighting games like Akuma makes sense. This character from a mainstream American show in Tekken of all places!? It's just plain weird.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a guy who loved all the guest characters in MKX and didn't understand why people hated them... I kinda get it now. That's just... huh. Negan. In Tekken. Weird.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@shagge: The guest characters in MK at least all make sense though y'know? Weird horror monsters inside a world of blood and gore. Tonally all of the MK add ons, even the movie ones, all feel like they would somehow end up in that universe. I'd buy that Quan Chi summoned up any of em to fight the mortals.

I'll reserve judgement of Neegan in Tekken. It's just odd. Honestly the Star Wars characters in Soul Calibur make more sense than this, and that is saying something. I just don't really see how Neegan at all fits in with this universe. There are no zombies, no apocalypses etc. It's a unique guest character I'll give them that and who knows maybe it paves the way to even more weird ones, for Tekken and fighting games in general.

I really am starting to wonder how much the Salty Bet thing has influenced just peoples perceptions of "people want to play fighting games with their fav characters from other properties" and if we see any more push to try and make more of that happen in other fighting games.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

As a guy who loved all the guest characters in MKX and didn't understand why people hated them... I kinda get it now. That's just... huh. Negan. In Tekken. Weird.

See, It would be fine for MK. The reason it's so weird is because it's Tekken.

Alien, leatherface, etc. in Tekken would garner the same reaction

thatbendorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame said:

i'm sure some people will pick the game up just because of him so that's fantastic.

This is me! Heard about Negan coming to the next season, so I stopped by my local brick & mortar on my way to work and picked up the game!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: Yeah, I just mean in a "kneejerk reaction" way. Like Negan gave me an immediate "But why?" instead of my usual "Oh, cool! That's dumb, I like it!" reaction to guests.

I think it's because I'm immediately cynical when I see "The Walking Dead" on something. I don't hate the show or anything (although I gave it up not long after "CORAAAAL!"), it's just at "Duck Dynasty" levels of shameless and ubiquitous merchandising, and this feels like a strange extension of that merch mill.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge: I'd much rather have Uncle Si from Duck Dynasty than Negan.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

heheheh

No Caption Provided

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Have there been any Sega characters in Tekken yet? I'd like Kiryu too but i'd rather him in DOA6. (I know Tekken is the better fit, I just prefer DOA) I have enjoyed what i've played of Tekken 7 though (it's free if you've got XBL gold for the next few days) and it definitely has a much better netcode. (and a bigger playerbase, even on XBO)

As for Negan it's a smart move on their part, give fans characters they want then get a pop culture character to get more mainstream people on board. The lore of Tekken is nonsense just like every fighting game. (which isnt a bad thing)

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

News regarding the release date and possible price, including extended gameplay of the first two characters, up top.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.