Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jun 05, 2016

The definitive version of Tekken 7 (and the one ported to home consoles), featuring a dedicated story mode that concludes the rivalry between Kazuya and Heihachi.

So who's ready for Tekken?

• 75 results
    dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By dagas

Tekken for me is a PS1 franchise. It was great because it looked great at the time and I had friends in school to play against. I've not played since Tekken 3 mostly because I don't have anyone to play against and playing against people online in fighting games is like trying to play on ultra hard. I just don't have the skills for fighting games. Sometimes I miss the times when I was 12-14 years old and all my friends had PS1 except that one guy that had N64 and Goldeneye and we used to always play together. Tekken 3, Bust-A-Groove, Gran Turismo and other classics.

It looks cool but I cannot justify getting a fighting game that I know I won't play much.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Please add me on PSN: Longflopper

Want to get some practice in with anyone that is willing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c295850623f7
    deactivated-5c295850623f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Loving it. It's the twitchiest Tekken to date I feel which is great but also makes fighting new characters much harder (I'm also pretty bad haha). Struggling the most against Lucky Chloe and Akuma for those reasons.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to block Akuma's rage art? I can't figure it out D;

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

i do believe that Raging Demon is unblockable. you just gotta get out of the way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c295850623f7
    deactivated-5c295850623f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dougcl: Ugh that's super lame if true.

Tip for anyone struggling to connect online - for some reason tournaments are working fine at the moment whereas everything else is hit or miss.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought I was, but there's no tutorial so I've just been button mashing with 1 character in Treasure Battle and trying to recognize how moves work. Haven't even thought about combos yet.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GabrielCantor

Played a bunch with some friends last night and had an awesome time, but for single player purposes I'm... pretty disappointed. No tutorial, or combo challenges, or really any way to learn a character besides trial and error or outside sources is an enormous bummer. The fact that nobody else seems to even be trying to catch up to Arc Systems in this regard is kind of sad. I was really, really excited for this game too, but as someone who really doesn't like playing online it's a bit of an underwhelming package content-wise.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epidehl: This was my big worry. I love Tekken but I can't justify £40 it if there isn't enough single player content.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@mikachops: Demon is unblockable. But in true street fighter fashion you can just hold up. If you are in the air he cant hit you. Youll just jump and he glides into you all funky.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MrHadouken

Anybody know a good site that can help with combos. This isn't my first Tekken game, however it is the first I'd like to get good at.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@tobbrobb said:

@mikachops: Demon is unblockable. But in true street fighter fashion you can just hold up. If you are in the air he cant hit you. Youll just jump and he glides into you all funky.

Don't forget, this is Tekken, you can sidestep too.

citan359

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who hasn't really played anything new since DOOM (and didn't play much for a year before that), I must just be on some killing devils kick cause both of DOOM and Tekken 7 have blown me away. I love the story mode on Tekken, I was cracking up one minute then throwing myself back in my seat and applauding the next. It's just so Tekken in the best way. I really appreciate the story mode / single fight approach for the other characters videos. I didn't go in expecting any sortof practice helper thing, I can see what people are saying on that but I just watched some videos on my favorite characters and have been slowly practicing some chains in practice mode then taking into to treasure mode then finally online against a buddy, and having a blast doing so.

Also this game just feels EXCELLENT (Lee is my main), in an effort to get into some Tekken hype I had gone back and played Dark Resurrection on PS3 and it was doing nothing for me, and DR is definitely not a bad Tekken. I'm not sure if its the xbox controller I am using now, or just the under the hood tweaks but this game went from something I was buying primarily for nostalgia to something I'm actively trying to be good at. Loving it.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By xymox

@epidehl: This was my big worry. I love Tekken but I can't justify £40 it if there isn't enough single player content.

It depends on what you're looking for when it comes to single player content.

I've spent 6 hours on the game so far. Not a single match against a mate, not a single match online, haven't touched the story mode, barely touched arcade mode.

And still, I'm far from done with the singleplayer stuff.

I'm having a lot of fun smashing the AI in treasure mode, getting new customization stuff, ranking up my character as far as I can get, and then pushing myself further by going into practice mode as soon as the AI becomes a problem for me and I feel like I've hit a wall.

I've also unlocked all the Tekken 1-5 artwork and CG, so I'll be watching those, and then that still leaves Tekken Tag, 6 and ... pachinko CG or something. You get a lot of fight money so it never feels like I'm grinding.

xkkzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epidehl said:

No tutorial, or combo challenges, or really any way to learn a character besides trial and error or outside sources is an enormous bummer.

Yeah, and there's a lot of resources online but they are scattered. I haven't seen a really found a good comprehensive overview of the universal system mechanics. There's "top 10 tekken tips" listicles that tell you what button does a punch, and then there's plenty of korean backdashing tutorials and frame data, but I haven't found much in-between... I've never played a tekken before so it's frustrating to not know what all the tools are. I'm suspecting this is the game that will introduce a lot of people to the series so it'd be nice if they'd have had some tutorial.

All the other game content seems pretty polished and good though. Online on PC has been great. And those Tekken 1&2 ending videos are hilarious.

neverlands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah??????????????

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#66  Edited By TobbRobb

@shirogane: I like jumping so I can land and start pressuring him immediately, but i've also been playing a lot of up close characters. Sidestepping sounds a lot better if you want to create more distance from him.

ThePhantomPear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xkkzz: AvoidingThePuddle on youtube has some videos and a comprehensive guide is in the works since Tekken 7 has just released. They have old videos based on Tekken Tag Tournament 2, in which movement and juggling is still largely the same. If you go back to their very old Tekken 6 videos, they largely still hold up.

I hope that helps.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ripelivejam

so anyone else on pc with a hori rap 4 kai and having a bitch of a time executing quarter circle moves? trying to learn Leo's moveset and can't excecute jin bui/lei zhang/shang bu zhuang zhang etc for the life of me. maybe i'm just hung up on being able to execute every single move, or i just need the timing to click. also wondering if my stick is busted (there's almost always 2 left inputs at the end of every quarter circle attempt).

e: buttons are being incredibly sensitive too, registering multiple inputs and reacting at a feather touch.

e2: yeah this is untenable for me i guess, unless i resign myself to not being able to do certain moves ever.

cokesouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By cokesouls

Anyone who wants to play add me on PSN. Red-XIII-2

I'm pretty new to the game and still learning the fighting game basics. It's super fun to learn though!

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By soulcake

This song is my jam ! So good !

Loading Video...

It's like a Japanese Dude listened to some 90's Gabber music and gave it it's own spin to it.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: I have this same problem, with the same stick, on PS4. I haven't had a ton of time to mess around but I was getting extra button inputs and weird stick motions while trying out King's moves in training and it made a bunch of them nearly impossible.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Hell yeah I'm so horrible at Tekken. I'm worse at this game than any other fighting game, and that's probably because its hard as shit. I've been sticking to characters with smaller move sets (because good god some of those move lists) and characters with useful basic tools for now, but I really want to play King. I've been executing some stuff with him in practice but that is the only context I can pull off anything with at all.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epidehl: good i'm not crazy. maybe i'll test it in some other game, my xbox one elite seemed to be doing the same thing though. not really any problems in Injustice 2 though and I knew when a move didn't execute it was my own damn fault (I know it isn't as intensive as Tekken 7 is).

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#74  Edited By FLStyle

With today's update I've finally been able to play my first online matches, having not been able to get past match-making previously, the connection seemed really good.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle: Doesn't seem to have dropped for NA yet. Hope it does soon, I've only been able to do private player matches up to now.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epidehl: I also have the problem of multiple inputs appearing from every button press; playing on an Xbox one controller on PC.

It makes it near impossible to do all but the simplest combos. But I'm still having fun. I've resigned myself to button mashing while focusing on improving my positioning and spacing to the maximum extent ppssible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.