Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Sep 11, 2011

Tekken's tag-team spin-off returns for its second round, building on the game engine of Tekken 6 with a whopping 44-character roster (later updated to 59).

AOU 2011 TRAILER!!!!

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CSXLoser

Two of the biggest characters fans want back from Tag 1 seems to be in Tag 2 :D

Loving the tag combo system especially the wall break to lower floor and continuing the juggle with the other character.   I dont think Marvel can hold me till this game is in my hands godammit. 

Looks like some characters got new moves too  (Jin got a b3 to stance b12  ?) 

EDIT : For you tekken pros out there. Did any of you see that some moves got a new "bounce" property? not only is there still bound but now we got moves that sends bodies higher up in the air to allow the partner to continue the juggle
    MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#2  Edited By MightyDuck

Not bad, I'm curious to see how this one plays out.  I enjoyed Tekken 2 and 3.  Tekken 5 was another one that I played a ton of.  However, Tekken 6 just didn't draw me in.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I love me my Tekken franchise, though I skipped over Tekken 6. Will definitely be getting back into the fray with this one, as it's the only fighter I've really invested myself in and actually came out as a somewhat decent player.

Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Doomshine
    @CSXLoser said:

Yeah I noticed that too, I wonder if b3 will still give a juggle on CH, I don't think that move got used much in 6 so maybe they decided to change it.

EDIT : For you tekken pros out there. Did any of you see that some moves got a new "bounce" property? not only is there still bound but now we got moves that sends bodies higher up in the air to allow the partner to continue the juggle"

The bounce seems to be related to the "tag assault", when your partner comes in and does a few hits for the juggle.

There's a lot of gameplay footage at this Youtube channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/TekkenCrashS2

EDIT: A video of two good players messing around:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jla3fEOVQ_A

^Really cool combo at 1:10 and a nasty unblockable tech trap combined with tag at the end.
    CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CSXLoser
    @Doomshine said:
    " @CSXLoser said:

Yeah I noticed that too, I wonder if b3 will still give a juggle on CH, I don't think that move got used much in 6 so maybe they decided to change it.

EDIT : For you tekken pros out there. Did any of you see that some moves got a new "bounce" property? not only is there still bound but now we got moves that sends bodies higher up in the air to allow the partner to continue the juggle"

The bounce seems to be related to the "tag assault", when your partner comes in and does a few hits for the juggle.  There's a lot of gameplay footage at this Youtube channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/TekkenCrashS2  EDIT: A video of two good players messing around:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jla3fEOVQ_A  ^Really cool combo at 1:10 and a nasty unblockable tech trap combined with tag at the end. "
    jesus at that tech trap at the end.  Saw another vid. Bob got nerfed again xD    uf1+2,1+2 aint hit confirmable no more.   

i heard somewhere theres a vid of people selecting the same character twice in their team. havent found it yet.
    Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Doomshine

I've seen videos where people have been able to highlight the same character again, but not one where they actually select them. 

@CSXLoser said:

Saw another vid. Bob got nerfed again xD    uf1+2,1+2 aint hit confirmable no more.    i heard somewhere theres a vid of people selecting the same character twice in their team. havent found it yet. "
    It's hard to tell from the video, but yeah, I hope that's the case. It was way too easy to hit confirm in 6. I'd be happy even if they made it like Miguel's f+4,2... hard to hit confirm, but possible.
    Kokoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Kokoro

I was most excited seeing the return of Jun. I can't wait to play this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.