New Trailer!!!

Avatar image for csxloser
#1 Edited by CSXLoser (603 posts) -

  

   
 
Im so hyped though Heihachi's hair...xD   New character showing....female grappler similar to the kings  
 
 
I got into Tekken after the Tag era so this will be the first time i be learning the tag system :D 
 
 
EDIT : For you tekken pros out there, im not much of a heihachi player. The first attack he did in the trailer...is that a new move? looks like a d1 feint to a new 2 hit punch
Avatar image for glentennis
#2 Posted by GlenTennis (3273 posts) -

This is the first Tekken game I am interested in since Tag 1. I loved that game.

Avatar image for ryanwho
#3 Posted by ryanwho (12011 posts) -

Tri Ace and Namco should compete in a dumbass design showdown.

Avatar image for animasta
#4 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Tri Ace and Namco should compete in a dumbass design showdown. "
Resonance of Fate had fairly normal designs, so...
Avatar image for mysteriousbob
#5 Posted by MysteriousBob (6262 posts) -

Looks fucking incredible. Hopefully this will get the series back on track after the flawed T6.

Avatar image for iburningstar
#6 Posted by IBurningStar (2273 posts) -

Glad they are finally making a sequel to the last good Tekken game.

Avatar image for lab392
#7 Posted by Lab392 (483 posts) -

Female grappler is Julia.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
#8 Posted by Atlas (2575 posts) -

I completely forgot this game existed. Consider myself restoked.

Avatar image for jasta
#9 Posted by Jasta (2246 posts) -

I loved the little shove at the end.

Avatar image for soap
#10 Posted by Soap (3774 posts) -

This game looks good.... are we not addressing the time travelling heihachi though? Is it due to the original japanese voice actor dying?

Avatar image for csxloser
#11 Posted by CSXLoser (603 posts) -
@Soap said:
" This game looks good.... are we not addressing the time travelling heihachi though? Is it due to the original japanese voice actor dying? "
Thats probably the reason plus the original tag had no story. It was just "get every single character we ever had and put them in the game" which hopefully they will do with Tag 2 :) 
 
Since no story, then we dont need an excuse for Heihachi to be young again :P
Avatar image for soap
#12 Posted by Soap (3774 posts) -
@CSXLoser said:
" @Soap said:
" This game looks good.... are we not addressing the time travelling heihachi though? Is it due to the original japanese voice actor dying? "
Thats probably the reason plus the original tag had no story. It was just "get every single character we ever had and put them in the game" which hopefully they will do with Tag 2 :)  Since no story, then we dont need an excuse for Heihachi to be young again :P "
Yeah you've got a point, I think something about it looks really off though. Wasn't his hair bigger when he was younger? It seems like some weird fan made model lol
Avatar image for csxloser
#13 Posted by CSXLoser (603 posts) -
@Soap said:

" @CSXLoser said:

" @Soap said:
" This game looks good.... are we not addressing the time travelling heihachi though? Is it due to the original japanese voice actor dying? "
Thats probably the reason plus the original tag had no story. It was just "get every single character we ever had and put them in the game" which hopefully they will do with Tag 2 :)  Since no story, then we dont need an excuse for Heihachi to be young again :P "
Yeah you've got a point, I think something about it looks really off though. Wasn't his hair bigger when he was younger? It seems like some weird fan made model lol "
He was actually bald but had two side wings of hair + he had thinner facial hair 
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tekken2_1995.jpg
Avatar image for soap
#14 Posted by Soap (3774 posts) -
@CSXLoser said:
" @Soap said:

" @CSXLoser said:

" @Soap said:
" This game looks good.... are we not addressing the time travelling heihachi though? Is it due to the original japanese voice actor dying? "
Thats probably the reason plus the original tag had no story. It was just "get every single character we ever had and put them in the game" which hopefully they will do with Tag 2 :)  Since no story, then we dont need an excuse for Heihachi to be young again :P "
Yeah you've got a point, I think something about it looks really off though. Wasn't his hair bigger when he was younger? It seems like some weird fan made model lol "
He was actually bald but had two side wings of hair + he had thinner facial hair 
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tekken2_1995.jpg "
That was it! I knew something seemed different, thanks for the help :P
Avatar image for ghostlyenigma
#15 Posted by GhostlyEnigma (272 posts) -

Is it just me, or is the Tekken series getting stale?

Avatar image for kokoro
#16 Posted by Kokoro (166 posts) -

Great trailer. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Avatar image for vanek
#17 Posted by Vanek (412 posts) -

 I can't wait to hear the stupid justification for the younger Heihachi!  It's bound to be all kinds of retarded!  =D
 
The thing is the first Tag Tournament was a massive step up in every way and this is essentially Tekken 6 with the ability to switch characters.  I'm not saying that's bad, but it'll defiantly have an effect.  I also couldn't help but notice when Heihachi and Kazuya do the head butt that it looks like they just recycled grapples which is always a concern.
 
Either way Tekken rocks and I'm glad they're doing another Tag Tournament game.  =)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.