Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Sep 11, 2011

Tekken's tag-team spin-off returns for its second round, building on the game engine of Tekken 6 with a whopping 44-character roster (later updated to 59).

Tekken Tag 2 news

lockon_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Edited By lockon_one
    Im sure a lot (or even all) are hyped-up regarding the release of TTT2. Here is the latest update for TTT2. 

"Namco Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade Machines are scheduled for release in December this year, however order closing date is on 6th June. Key features include worldwide networking through internet,  Namco's new "Bana-Passport" player cards and live monitor data feature.

To maximize the machine and network connection performance, "Live Monitor" has been introduced which is a library of each site, each country or each region's top 20 players data. This can be researched  and replayed, together with comparing with other players. Top players have certain fight styles and  players can now refer and learn the latest movements.

For many years, Japan has operated on network and live content updates to machines in the arcade centres and its the first time that Namco is introducing content management to the world market. The key points for operators are;

• you must have internet connection for this game to work (the game cannot work offline)
    • you must have the game board charged via prepaid cards, ie, you buy charge cards which add "points" to your game board. Each time a player using the machine, 5 points are deducted. If your game board has zero points, the game stops working
    • weekly/monthly live updates are given to the game board introducing new characters, venues, combo moves and more. These updates occur automatically without the need for the game owner to manually update their machines.

Please therefore note, if your machine is offline or not charged with credit, it will not work. Points cards  (1 card = 10,000 points) for operators can be purchased and once installed into the machine will  transfer credit onto the gameboard.

Closing date for all dedicated machines orders is June 6th for delivery in December. Namco is very strict  with their deadlines, if you miss the cutoff, we estimate the next following production will be either  released in March or June 2012. Game kits will be (to our estimates) released in June 2012."

If your local arcade can afford the "Live Monitor", You will be able to watch matches of top players world wide straight from your arcade!  

Source: Avoidingthepuddle.com   

This may not sound like good news to me. Oh my.  
    • you must have internet connection for this game to work (the game cannot work offline)
    • you must have the game board charged via prepaid cards, ie, you buy charge cards which add "points" to your game board. Each time a player using the machine, 5 points are deducted. If your game board has zero points, the game stops working

We may all be happy abt. our games and technology evolving, but I think this way too much. The "Live Monitor" maybe ok, watching top Tekken players batlle, but I dont think that will work. The Arcade business is declining too.  Im not sure how arcade owners may profit on this. This is just too gimmicky, turn off fans and players and may even cause bankruptcy. 

I rather have them spend more time and money developing a killer game. Dont like to say this but this new system could result in an epic fail.  
    Could possible work on Japan, maybe South Korea, but come on.  Hopefully this system will change in time. The current ID card system is good to me. Hope they utilize the old system instead for other regions. 
    lockon_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By lockon_one
    Im sure a lot (or even all) are hyped-up regarding the release of TTT2. Here is the latest update for TTT2. 

"Namco Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade Machines are scheduled for release in December this year, however order closing date is on 6th June. Key features include worldwide networking through internet,  Namco's new "Bana-Passport" player cards and live monitor data feature.

To maximize the machine and network connection performance, "Live Monitor" has been introduced which is a library of each site, each country or each region's top 20 players data. This can be researched  and replayed, together with comparing with other players. Top players have certain fight styles and  players can now refer and learn the latest movements.

For many years, Japan has operated on network and live content updates to machines in the arcade centres and its the first time that Namco is introducing content management to the world market. The key points for operators are;

• weekly/monthly live updates are given to the game board introducing new characters, venues, combo moves and more. These updates occur automatically without the need for the game owner to manually update their machines.

Please therefore note, if your machine is offline or not charged with credit, it will not work. Points cards  (1 card = 10,000 points) for operators can be purchased and once installed into the machine will  transfer credit onto the gameboard.

Closing date for all dedicated machines orders is June 6th for delivery in December. Namco is very strict  with their deadlines, if you miss the cutoff, we estimate the next following production will be either  released in March or June 2012. Game kits will be (to our estimates) released in June 2012."

If your local arcade can afford the "Live Monitor", You will be able to watch matches of top players world wide straight from your arcade!  

Source: Avoidingthepuddle.com   

This may not sound like good news to me. Oh my.  

We may all be happy abt. our games and technology evolving, but I think this way too much. The "Live Monitor" maybe ok, watching top Tekken players batlle, but I dont think that will work. The Arcade business is declining too.  Im not sure how arcade owners may profit on this. This is just too gimmicky, turn off fans and players and may even cause bankruptcy. 

I rather have them spend more time and money developing a killer game. Dont like to say this but this new system could result in an epic fail.  
    Could possible work on Japan, maybe South Korea, but come on.  Hopefully this system will change in time. The current ID card system is good to me. Hope they utilize the old system instead for other regions. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.