Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken

Franchise »

Tekken is a long-running 3D fighting franchise that got its start in arcades but was also an early hit on the PlayStation.

A Tekken movie that could actually be AWESOME!

Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

I've seen the anime. Cheesy. I've seen the live action. Terribly cheesy and only managed to make Tekken's story worse than it is in the game. But hey, maybe CG will be cool! Just look how epic this trailer is!

While it doesn't look to strictly follow the storyline of the Tekken games, it does seem to get the characters right and the important plot pieces down (as far as i can tell) while adding something to it. sounds like a good formula to me! this is easy for me to get excited about because i love Tekken, but I'm wondering what people think about it who don't care for the game (probably not interested?) so tell me!

also, Xiaoyu and Alisa riding on Panda
     What's up with your FACE Ling!?
     What's up with your FACE Ling!?
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By frankxiv

the action looks decent but i don't see how the parts where people aren't fighting will be any less cheesy

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By obcdexter

Though I'm kinda hooked now, I think it's a terrible mistake to set this in the present of the Tekken universe. Way too many insanely ridiculous characters added to an already huge roster plus the overall weirdness of the story just cannot possibly result in a decent movie. They should stick to the roots of the series, spanning the first two games and fully concentrate on the Kazuya-Heihachi revenge plot. With a decent amount of creativity you could craft something quite memorable from that, I believe. Especially the pact with the devil part has had potential back in the day. What they did with it, though ...
    If the fights will indeed end up being the only redeeming thing about this, I'd much rather just play another hour and a half of Dark Resurrection Online.

Nice fighting sequences garnished with a whole lot of fan service is my bet on the final product. Every damn character will appear. None but maybe a handful will really get a good chunk of "airtime". In the end it'll only succeed in making Tekken even more ridiculous. Sounds alright, I guess.

lockon_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By lockon_one

kinda excited. hope it will do really well. hope it turns out more like FF7 advent children than resident evil degeneration. hope kazuya will play like an anti hero like he supposedly is than just a villain. i will also settle for just cameos of the minor characters in the storyline. if they try to cram at least half the roster here im pretty sure it will ruin the movie. there seems to be a new personality as well (shin kamiya). hope his role will be fine and wont ruin the story. seems like Ling Xiaoyu is the main here as well. 

another thing is it is ok for me not to have another tekken movie. i rather have namco spend more money and time producing TTT2, Tekken 7 and Tekken X Street Fighter. They currently have lots projects in store for fans, they might not have time focusing on them and disappoint many players with quality on either the games or this movie. dont get me wrong i want to see a great tekken CG movie but i rather have the upcoming games with more quality to refresh hardcore fans and attract new fans as well.
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Vexxan

With a little luck, this could be good.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Pssh the live action was great...?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.