Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Teleglitch

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 24, 2012

Teleglitch is a roguelike top-down shooter with pixel graphics. The game takes place in a secret corporate research facility on an inhospitable planet far beyond the reach of civilization where something has gone horribly wrong.

Dev says they want multiplayer, but not online

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I recently caught up with the programmer (Johann) and story designer (Edvin) behind Teleglitch to talk shop about the game. They stated that the game was in active development still, with a focus on improving the current campaign before adding new content.

I asked them if we could expect to see multiplayer in the future, to which I got the following responses:

Edvin: We would love to do this, and make it a pinnacle of Teleglitch. But of course we cannot currently promise anything at all, as there are still so many options and possibilities that need time on their own.

Johann: Adding online multiplayer at this stage is harder than starting it from scratch. So over the internet multiplayer is ruled out for now.

I'd certainly be happy with a local co-op feature personally, but playing online would have been great. If anyone else is interested in the full interview you can read it here: http://www.pixelsforbreakfast.net/features/teleglitch-tells-something-really-sad-about-our-world/

Do you think multiplayer in Teleglitch would work? Personally I would love to see players start at opposite sides of the map, trying to meet up in the middle and leave in a teleporter together. I think that would be a lot of fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.