Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Telltale Games

Company »

A company well-known for their popularization of the episodic release format and influence on the adventure game genre. Following massive layoffs in September 2018, the Telltale brand is now operated by LCG Entertainment.

If you could only choose ONE Telltale Games series to recommend....

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Poll If you could only choose ONE Telltale Games series to recommend.... (119 votes)

Walking Dead Series 32%
    The Wolf Amoung Us 26%
    Back To the Future 2%
    Game of Thrones 3%
    Tales from the Boarderlands 7%
    Jurassic Park: The Game 1%
    Their Other Stuff 8%
    None of it, unless you first play Life Is Strange by Dontnod 10%
    Some other game you intend to tell us below 3%
    ...Just let me see results 10%

I got sort of stalled on The Walking Dead Season one, but I'm interested in Game of Thrones. I guess I should I finishing WD Season One, but after that? Should I getinto Game of Thrones or is another game better?

• 
    Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
    deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If you've already got an interest in Game of Thrones you'd probably be able to stick with it easier than the Walking Dead. Saying that though I voted for the Wolf Among Us.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

If you're looking for something that's akin to Walking Dead, then you should go for The Wolf Among Us - or Walking Dead Season Two, obviously. Back to the Future is a very different thing compared to Walking Dead; the same goes for anything prior to Jurassic Park (which I enjoyed, despite being very rough around the edges). If you want to go back to Telltale's early days, I'd recommend the third season of Sam and Max (it's probably okay to skip right to the third season, if that's what you want)

I would like to recommend Tales from the Borderlands, but who knows how the rest of the game will turn out. That being said, what I have played of it is genuinely great.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't think you should trust this poll because i'm sure the % of GB users who have played Walking dead is higher than any of the other ones. I've personally only played the walking dead and the wolf among us.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ToxicFruit

wolf among us definitely.

Walking dead season 1 and Game of thrones is not far below that.

I don't know a lot about the Borderlands game but people say that it's really good.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

If the remainder of this season of Tales from the Borderlands pans out as good as the first two episodes, that would definitely be my recommendation. Barring that though, season one of Walking Dead is pretty damn good, and if you want to look at old Telltale, I really liked their Monkey Island revival.

Toug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Just play the one episode of Strong Bad that's an entire Dangeresque movie.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Tales of Monkey Island

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Honestly? Sam and Max. I know it doesn't fit the bill that well, since it's a classic adventure game, but The Devil's Playhouse is one of my favorite games of 2010.

From their new catalogue, first season of The Walking Dead, hands down. That's iconic shit right there.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Puzzle Agent, Poker Night and the Monkey Island remasters. As far as I'm concerned, those are the only ones worth caring about. Well and maybe Sam and Max, but those got too samey too quickly, and they made too much of it.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recommending Jurassic park as the first telltale game would be really spiteful.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really, it depends if you are a fan of any of the licensed franchises they've handled; and whether you like older-style adventure games or Telltales newer interactive fiction stuff. I like both, and TWD & Wolf Among Us were really good, but I can't help but push for their adventure titles:

• If you're a fan of the Monkey Island series: Tales of Monkey Island is amazing.
    • If you're a fan of anthromorphic dog and rabbit detective stories: Sam and Max had 3 glorious seasons, good buddy (season 2 is my personal favorite).
    duke_of_the_bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I don't know if I'm just jaded and tired of Telltale or what considering I really do like some of their older stuff, but I went with just go play Life is Strange.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LeStephan

I am not a fan of their newer stuff at all.

I loved tales of monkey island and all 3 sam and max seasons though! Puzzle agent 1+2 were pretty rad too.

I cant chose between sam&max and monkey island though but one of those definitely!

It's mindbowing to me how those janky interactive movies they make nowadays get people's preference over "real adventure gaming" but hey to each their own :)

PS: Ah forgot strong bad's game, that thing was weird as fuck haha

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShaggE

Sam & Max all day long, with Monkey Island and Strong Bad added for good measure.

I have nothing against their David Cage/Mass Effect-lite newer stuff. In fact, I adore the first Walking Dead season. Even Jurassic Park wasn't THAT bad. But given my druthers, I'll take the older stuff any day. They weren't the greatest adventure games in the world, I admit. But the writing was on-point, and effective comedy games are slim pickings.

Also a lot of fun? The Poker Night games. Basically just joke generators with a basic poker game attached, but I like 'em.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tales of Monkey Island

Probably my favorite one from them.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TWAU is a masterpiece.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#19 riostarwind  Moderator

Since Tales From the Borderlands isn't completely out yet I'll put my vote towards The Wolf Among Us. I wouldn't call it the best game they've made but it is a solid detective story within the world of Fables.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.