Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Telltale Games

Company »

A company well-known for their popularization of the episodic release format and influence on the adventure game genre. Following massive layoffs in September 2018, the Telltale brand is now operated by LCG Entertainment.

Telltale Summer Update - 2nd Season for Batman in August, TWD and TWAU in 2018

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

So despite what they just recently said over on Reddit, we're getting a new season of The Wolf Among Us after all!

Still gotta wait 'till 2018, but at least it's finally coming. I'd like to think that the release date being next year would give them an excuse to update their engine to be less janky, but that's probably wishful thinking. Still, unless it's literally on fire, I'll buy it, because TWAU is still my favourite Telltale product.

The Walking Dead I stopped caring about after the first season and I only played the first episode of Batman. It didn't really grab me and I also wasn't a fan of how it ran like garbage on consoles, or at least PS4.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That's cool. Stylistically TWAU is probably their strongest game. The main theme made me discover the world of hours long seamless loop versions of songs on youtube. I didn't end up caring much about the story itself past the first episode, but a lot of the characters and the general atmosphere were really special. Now the only thing I want from them is more Tales from the Borderlands. And then, please, something completely new. I've liked all their games as far as I've played them, but they need to evolve that formula and tech at some point.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ATastySlurpee

TWAU is still their best game, so this is good news. I also liked Batman

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By liquiddragon

I'm glad they're doing TWAU again but I can't play another Telltale game. They're so restrictive and they're literally zero fun to play. If they open them up slightly i.g. Life is Strange or a David Cage game and allow for even a hint of exploration, I'd be happy to check out Season 2 down the line. They also got to get rid of that "X will remember" prompt, it's a fucking joke. They've stopped trying to give you choices and it's silly they're still pretending like they are.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still no Tales From the Borderlands, eh? Well, poo.

Wouldn't say no to a new Sam & Max either, but that Telltale is long gone.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Very good news, I don't give a damn about Batman but I really liked TWAU. Now just bring on some more Borderlands and I'll have all that my Telltale heart desires.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zeik

@shagge said:

Still no Tales From the Borderlands, eh? Well, poo.

Wouldn't say no to a new Sam & Max either, but that Telltale is long gone.

Yeah, TftB or Sam and Max would be at the top of my list of most wanted new seasons, but TWAU is probably next in line.

I'm pretty over TWD at this point. I really liked that first season, but I think I got my fill of zombies pretty quick.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@shagge: I think they've said that it is up to Gearbox for whether there is a second season or not..... They would be dumb to not do another season though.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's the first good news coming out of Telltale in a while. I think The Wolf Among Us was their best game, though I admittedly haven't played them all. Of course I still hope they switch engines, and I hope The Wolf Among Us has the few good Telltale writers, but I'll just have to wait and see.

I hope their GoT series is dead. God, what a travesty that first game was.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Maybe twau took so long because it's the first game on a hypothetical new engine? Probably not, but one can dream.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ezekiel

The Walking Dead keeps getting worse. It went from pretty good in season 1 to mediocre in season 3. They put the message "Clem will return" at the end as if I still care. I don't wanna follow her anymore. Overall, the third game feels pretty lazy.

chrispaul92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are only two things Telltale could do to make me excited for something they're doing. A new engine and/or another season of The Wolf Among Us. I never actually thought they would do another season so I'm pretty stoked.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only Telltale games I've played were The Wolf Among Us (which was actually the first Telltale title I played). Directly after that, I played both seasons of The Walking Dead which I loved, and then I went back to an older title which was Back to the Future. I'm not even that big a fan of Back to the Future, but I wanted to see what they had to offer as it impressed me enough from what I had seen of it before. It was decent. I wish I had more desire to play The Walking Dead Season 3, especially now considering it's all out and has been for a little while now. I even re-bought both Season One and Two on the PS4, because they were cheap at the time and because my PC can't run the third season, so I was getting ready for whatever choices carry over.

I stopped in the latter half of Season Two but hadn't finished it. I'd say my favorite Telltale games are the two Seasons of The Walking Dead, but The Wolf Among Us was also great; I loved the style. I believe I remember it well, but perhaps not the nitty gritty details of it. I'm interested to see where the next one goes, but unfortunately, I might have to get the first on the PS4 or the One too like the TWD Seasons. I'm probably not the only one, but due to what I feel is an over abundance of Telltale games as of recent, I've found it hard to really try them. I love Batman, but I just haven't cared that much for what Telltale created with it. Borderlands is supposed to be really good from what I understand, and it was all free on PS Plus; I got it but didn't download or play it mainly because I am not that big a fan of Borderlands, though I hear you don't have to be.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ntm said:

Borderlands is supposed to be really good from what I understand, and it was all free on PS Plus; I got it but didn't download or play it mainly because I am not that big a fan of Borderlands, though I hear you don't have to be.

I'd really recommend giving it a try sometime, your feelings (or lack thereof) for the Borderlands series not withstanding. I was completely disinterested in everything Borderlands when I played it, and I loved loved loved it. It actually made me a fan of Borderlands proper afterwards.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By BaneFireLord

No Borderlands, no sale. Or something like that.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17 chaser324  Moderator

I'm glad they're finally going to conclude The Walking Dead. As great as that first season was, I think it's time for them to move on from Clementine.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd really recommend giving it a try sometime, your feelings (or lack thereof) for the Borderlands series not withstanding. I was completely disinterested in everything Borderlands when I played it, and I loved loved loved it. It actually made me a fan of Borderlands proper afterwards.

Same. I liked the games, but could not give anything resembling a fuck about the story or universe. After TFTB, I totally came around on it and paid much more attention to the story when I went back to the main games.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I would imagine Gearbox would want to get Borderlands 3 out first before they give the go ahead for another season of Tales.

I'm happy this is the last season of TWD. I loved the first season, I didn't hate the second as much as others did, but I played it over a year after it started so maybe my expectations were fairly low and I still need to finish the third but I'm burnt out on Telltale's games for now.

Batman makes me happy, I really enjoyed that season.

Should really play the first season of Wolf, bought it cheap sometime last year.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Are The Walking Dead games still selling that well? No one is talking about them, then again I don't think anyone spoke about Batman either so maybe I'm wrong. TellTale games have been going by the motions for a while now, with Tales Of The Borderlands being the only great series they've had since The Wolf Among Us and whilst I'm glad TWAU has a 2nd series, it has way more potential than a 2nd Walking Dead ever did, the cast of characters from Tales Of The Borderlands is a group I desperately want to spend more time with because they were so well written (not to mention it was nice to have a telltale game that wasn't super bleak)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Played Wolf Among Us last year, and it was one of those rare perfect video game experiences for me.

Hopefully it's a completely new story. I think I heard on the KF Daily show that it was.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By glots

@theht: From that Reddit AMA they made before this announcement:

"Should we ever continue in the world of Fables and The Wolf Among Us... it is generally agreed upon here that we wouldn't continue that storyline directly, and would leave things an open mystery that's better left unanswered...."

I'm all for a new story, but I do want Bigby in my TWAU!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@glots: Oh ya, I mean like a new case. Not necessarily a new cast or anything. Good to hear!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.