Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Telltale Games

Company »

A company well-known for their popularization of the episodic release format and influence on the adventure game genre. Following massive layoffs in September 2018, the Telltale brand is now operated by LCG Entertainment.

TellTale to make games based on Walking Dead and Fables franchsie

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SlightConfuse

according to the story here telltale is going to make games based on two popular comic book franchies 

Telltale is estamting to make alot og money according to this quote "  ith these new blockbuster titles coming soon, Allison said the goal is to produce a title that hits one million digital downloads, and thinks “The Walking Dead” could become a $20 million to 30 million franchise if all goes well." 

I think this is an interesting move by telltale. Walking dead i can see as a adventure game but fables might be a longshot. Though we will have to wait for details i expect them to be quality products.  

What other comic franchise would you like to see handled by telltale

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Meowshi

Fables and Walking Dead? 

Two good things that don't need to be video games.  

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SlightConfuse

i think telltale's character work meshes well with the characters from fables

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald
    @Meowshi said:
    " Two good things that don't need to be video games.   "
    I couldn't agree more.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@slightconfuse said:
    " i think telltale's character work meshes well with the characters from fables "
    Yeah, I actually think an adventure game is the perfect format to explore that game in a videogame context.
    VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By VierasTalo
    @Meowshi said:
    " Fables and Walking Dead?  Two good things that don't need to be video games.   "
    This. Also, I'm having severe doubts about Telltale's talent in making anything particularily intense which would be an absolute must with the Walking Dead-game. I'm pretty sure that if they build in shooter mechanics it'll more or less become a Resident Evil-clone. A bad one at that.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ryanwho

Dunno what Fables is. But Telltale used to make a lot of adventure games, and adventure games tend to have a framework that would only work as an adventure game. So the fact that Walking Dead would be a shitty action game isn't much of a factor, cus its not going to be an action game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.