Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Telltale Games

Company »

A company well-known for their popularization of the episodic release format and influence on the adventure game genre. Following massive layoffs in September 2018, the Telltale brand is now operated by LCG Entertainment.

Telltale wanted to make a Scott Pilgrim game, O'Malley says no.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So O'Malley the maker of Scott Pilgrim tweeted this -

"Telltale wanted to do Scott Pilgrim but I said no. I couldn’t see it as an adventure game. All respect to them, though"

This hurts, seeing as how much I love both Scott Pilgrim and Telltale seeing them both together would be amazing.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

A video game that's full of video game references would be almost as garbage as the film.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

Um...good. Telltale are already making 400 games. Perhaps they should start thinking of some IPs of their own.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I love Telltale but can't say I'm very fond of Scott Pilgrim.  I'd prefer they kept working on classic franchises or simply made something original.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By fjordson

Telltale could have probably dominated that shit, but I can't say I'm too torn up about it. The licenses they already have a hold of are far superior to Scott Pilgrim.

pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pantzing_nome

A telltale game could have been interesting but I can't really see what they would do with the license. 

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @HandsomeDead@Fjordson@WinterSnowblind Not much Scott Pilgrim love here?
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Cincaid
    @NekuSakuraba: 
    Maybe it's just me, but playing through the game once with a friend was "OK". Nothing more.

I can't believe the over-hype that game got, and I can't believe you had to watch a 20min credits roll everytime you beat it. Maybe I'm just bitter because it was a pain in the ass to S-Rank. :P
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By fjordson
    @NekuSakuraba: Nothing wrong with it, just not really my thing. And Telltale already has Jurassic Park, Walking Dead, Back to the Future and KING'S QUEST. Holy shit @ the last one.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Enigma777
    @CrazyChris said:
    " @NekuSakuraba:  Maybe it's just me, but playing through the game once with a friend was "OK". Nothing more.  I can't believe the over-hype that game got, and I can't believe you had to watch a 20min credits roll everytime you beat it. Maybe I'm just bitter because it was a pain in the ass to S-Rank. :P "
    Forget the game, I can't believe that piece of shit movie got so much praise. Honestly I wanted to claw my eyeballs and ears out while I was watching it.
    Kelswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kelswitch

I'd have been more curious than anything else to see how a traditional Telltale game would play around Scott Pilgrim.. 
    Also, movie rocked.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By ckeats

I love scott pilgrim to death and this would have been awesome. I wasn't a fan of the beat em up game so much, but an adventure game would've been great.  
    They left a lot of awesome parts of the books out of the movie, an episodic game series would have been the perfect outlet to get all those parts in. 

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FCKSNAP
    @NekuSakuraba: Love the comics. Movie was like yeah whatever. Game wasn't worth it.
    shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By shiftymagician
    @Snapstacle said:
    " @NekuSakuraba: Love the comics. Movie was like yeah whatever. Game wasn't worth it. "
    What wasn't worth it?  River City Ransom?
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Cincaid
    @Enigma777: 
    Thankfully I haven't seen it, nor will I ever.
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good. I kinda heavily disliked Scott Pilgrim (the movie and the game, haven't read the comics).

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FCKSNAP
    @ShiftyMagician said:

" @Snapstacle said:

" @NekuSakuraba: Love the comics. Movie was like yeah whatever. Game wasn't worth it. "
    What wasn't worth it?  River City Ransom? "
    FIFTEEN  BUCKS ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I played through it in one sitting with a friend and we decided never to come back to it. Five months later I buy the DLC and continued to curse my existence. I would rather pay for a complete anime/Adult Swim adaptation.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @CrazyChris said:
    " @NekuSakuraba:  Maybe it's just me, but playing through the game once with a friend was "OK". Nothing more.  I can't believe the over-hype that game got, and I can't believe you had to watch a 20min credits roll everytime you beat it. Maybe I'm just bitter because it was a pain in the ass to S-Rank. :P "
    I was talking about the movie. 

@Enigma777:
     Did you watch the wrong movie? 

@TheSeductiveMoose
    said:
    " Good. I kinda heavily disliked Scott Pilgrim (the movie and the game, haven't read the comics). "
    No you don't, you love them. 

I am amazed by how much you people seem to hate or dislike the movie, it was pretty awesome in my opinion. >__<
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BeachThunder
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    No you don't, you love them.  I am amazed by how much you people seem to hate or dislike the movie, it was pretty awesome in my opinion. >__< "
    Just out of interest, how old are you? Scott Pilgrim seems like something squarely targeted towards teenagers.My guess is that many of the people that didn't enjoy the movie (game...comics...) are probably a little too old to be interested. 

It's definitely how I feel about the franchise. Maybe I would've been interested years ago, but I'm certainty not now.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @BeachThunder
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    No you don't, you love them.  I am amazed by how much you people seem to hate or dislike the movie, it was pretty awesome in my opinion. >__< "
    Just out of interest, how old are you? Scott Pilgrim seems like something squarely targeted towards teenagers.My guess is that many of the people that didn't enjoy the movie (game...comics...) are probably a little too old to be interested. 

It's definitely how I feel about the franchise. Maybe I would've been interested years ago, but I'm certainty not now.
    You do know most people who liked it were 20 or older? Look at Spill.com and Screened.com they liked it and they are all older than 20. Plus if it was aimed at teenagers as you said why would they add references to older games over newer ones? Not saying you can't like it, but I can't see how it was aimed at teens.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By flaminghobo

The more I read about Telltale's future plans, the more of a joke they seem to be. They should really start on focusing more on making their products to a standard of quality rather than churning out as many games as possible. I couldn't envision Scott Pilgrim as an adventure game either and so I'm glad that they've declined Telltale the right to make one.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FCKSNAP
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @BeachThunder
    @NekuSakuraba said:

You do know most people who liked it were 20 or older? Look at Spill.com and Screened.com they liked it and they are all older than 20. Plus if it was aimed at teenagers as you said why would they add references to older games over newer ones? Not saying you can't like it, but I can't see how it was aimed at teens. "
    It wasn't aimed at teens. It's a story about twenty-somethings and life after high school.
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BeachThunder
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @BeachThunder
    @NekuSakuraba said:

You do know most people who liked it were 20 or older? Look at Spill.com and Screened.com they liked it and they are all older than 20. Plus if it was aimed at teenagers as you said why would they add references to older games over newer ones? Not saying you can't like it, but I can't see how it was aimed at teens. "
    Hm, well, I guess I retract my statement then. I haven't seen the movie or anything else Scott Pilgrim related. But everything I know about the franchise just comes across as incredibly juvenile =/
    fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By fraser
    @BeachThunder: There's a self deprecating irony to the whole thing that seemed to get lost in the transition from comic to everything else. I reckon it's perfectly justifiable to hate everything outside of the comics without that context.

I always found the comics to be about how annoying those people who reference games/anime/manga/comics/"we're so indie" stuff are, but at the same time that self awareness made everyone quite likeable and funny.

If this makes any sense at all.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Enigma777
    @BeachThunder: I think you're quite right. It IS incredibly juvenile and outright stupid in certain parts. There was no part of that movie I enjoyed (apart from maybe the Zelda theme) and I'm still kicking myself that I actually wasted money on it. Live and learn, I guess...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.