An online card-battle game with real-time battle action, forcing players to pay attention throughout the battle. Players must select a Hero and build decks with a mix of Unit and Action cards to take advantage of their Hero's ability and defeat their opponents. The first player to eliminate the HP of the enemy wins.
In a world where various Capcom universes are intertwined, a mysterious woman has been going around leading heroes and villains alike to a place called the "Land of Illusion" for her unknown agenda.
Each player chooses a Hero and (depending on that Hero's level) can select one out of three Hero Arts for that Hero to use, which charges with the MP cost of every card they play in the match. Decks can be built with a maximum of 30 Cards, and up to 3 Elements (see below) can be used in the same deck. However, Decks containing 2 Elements can only hold cards up to 5 MP, and 3 Elements can only hold cards up to 3 MP. Building a single-Element deck with a different Element from that of the chosen Hero will count as containing 2 Elements.
There are two main types of cards:
As the name suggests, these are the characters from different Capcom universes that can be placed on the field (maximum of 3 per side at any time) with two main numbers: Attack power on top, and Health Points (HP) on the bottom. When a Unit's HP is reduced to 0, they are generally removed from the field and placed in the Graveyard.
After the release of Adventures of a Tiny Hero, all Unit Cards are now categorized into one of six Tribes:
Two more Tribes were added under the "天都ノ國絵巻 The Tale of Amatsu no Kuni" expansion pack:
Some Units may be included in two Tribes at the same time, and be included in Actions that effect either Tribe.
Active abilities that can be played as long as the player has mana, sets off "Active Response" where each player has a chance to respond by playing an Action Card of their own (if they have the mana to do so) or simply Resolve the action. If multiple Action Cards are played in a chain, the Actions will resolve in reverse order.
Cards are split into four elements, which generally fall along these lines:
- Red: For those who prefer to focus on pure damage and boosting damage output to crush enemies through brute force, with some Action Cards that can deal direct damage to enemies or even the enemy Hero themselves.
- Green: For those who want to heal and shield allies to keep them in the fight as long as possible. Contains multiple Units capable of healing themselves, other Units, and their Heroes.
- Purple: For those who like using passive and active abilities to control the field. This element has everything from debuffing and sabotaging enemy units, to buffing allied units, to negating Action cards, and more.
- Black: An element that deals heavily in death and high-risk, high-reward strategies. Contains several units with the <Revenge> ability that get stronger after being killed and revived from the Graveyard. Also contains Action cards that sacrifice allied units to deliver crushing blows to the enemy, and cards that risk the Hero's health to empower allies and destroy enemies.
The following Heroes are currently playable in Teppen, with additional Heroes added with each expansion pack in the future.
Day of Nightmares
This Resident Evil-themed event introduced Jill Valentine as a new Hero. In addition, the cards in this set included 2 new passive abilities:
- Explore: Adds specified Action card to an empty EX Pocket slot, if available, that will usually buff an ally in some way. Explore abilities can be triggered in a variety of ways depending on the card, or forcibly invoked through certain Action cards.
- Spillover: Half of damage dealt to enemy Unit hits adjacent enemy Units.
The Devils Awaken
This Devil May Cry V-themed event Introduced Nero as a new Hero. In addition, cards in this set included 2 new passive abilities:
- Growth: Unit cards with this gain a special meter that triggers new abilities with each level of meter as noted on the Unit's card. The Growth meter can be filled by playing additional Unit cards (with more meter gained from Units that cost higher MP to play), certain Action cards, or when certain abilities are invoked.
- Anti-Air: Allows non-Flight Units to counterattack units with Flight.
The Force Seekers
This Street Fighter-themed event introduced Akuma as a new Hero. In addition, the cards in this set included 2 new passive abilities:
- Indestructible: Unit is immune to <Destroy> Actions. [Only one card currently has this ability.]
- Ascended: Abilities can be activated on a new Unit card by laying it on top of an allied one currently in play, destroying the Unit underneath.
Haunted by Memories
This Mega Man X-themed event introduced Zero as a new Hero. In addition, the cards in this set included a new passive ability:
- Memory: Abilities are activated if the number of Actions played in the battle are greater than or equal to the Memory number on the card.
Adventures of a Tiny Hero
This Monster Hunter-themed event introduced Felyne as a new Hero, joining Nero on his journey to the Land of Illusion. This event also introduced the concept of Tribes, reclassifying all Unit cards (even those from previous events) as belonging to one of six specific Tribes. Several Abilities from this pack can be used to empower cards from different Tribes.
天都ノ國絵巻 The Tale of Amatsu no Kuni
This event introduced Amaterasu as a new Hero, as well as new cards spanning both the Okami and Sengoku Basara franchises. The event also added two new Tribes to the pool of Unit Cards: Kami and Spirit.
- Crush: Unit can deal attack damage without suffering any counter damage.