Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tera

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

TERA: The Exiled Realm of Arborea is a free-to-play, action-style MMORPG, developed by Bluehole Studios in South Korea using Unreal Engine 3. It was localized for English audiences by En Masse Entertainment of Seattle.

Tera Guild - Good Luck Have Batman

• 55 results
    stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By stenchlord

Thought I'd start a separate topic to hopefully generate interest and draw attention to the guild for those that are already playing.

Benefits of Guild Membership

Members of a Level 2 or higher guild can use Catharnach Awards to purchase and use special items from vendors in major cities. These items are useful in both PvE and PvP situations.

The leader of a Level 3 guild with at least 20 members can register as a candidate in TERA's political system.

Members of a Vanarch's guild receive special recognition in the form of exclusive mounts, and their guild logo is seen all across the province they control.

Guilds can participate in special Guild vs. Guild battles. Once declared, for up to 24 hours, the competing guilds can "kill" each other on sight anywhere PvP is enabled. A guild can be involved in up to three such battles at one time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Caption Provided

Servers GLHB is established on:

PVE

• Celestial Hills

PVP

• Basilisk Crag

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guild Rankings

• Guild master/s
    • Luchadeer
    • Editor
    • Journalist
    • Intern

Privileges

Luchadeer - Access to guild bank, invite new members, post guild messages

Editor - Invite new members & post guild messages.

Journalist - Post guild messages

Intern - no privileges

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to know

• To apply - type /gapply Good Luck Have Batman
    • To invite - type /ginvite <<username>>
    • To chat with guild members online - type /g <<message>>

If you are currently on another server fear not, you can transfer your character to another server and join in the fun with the rest of us :D

How to accumulate Catharnach Awards

Head to the Valkyon Forum boards which are located in all major villages/towns (Blue Exclamation Mark on Mini-map). You can acquire the quests from these boards, they are all fairly easy Suppression Quests (kill x amount of monsters). Usually you'll be killing these monsters anyway so shouldn't require too much extra work over doing your regular quests. Once you get the awards drop them in the Guild Bank for me to collect.

Ranking system

Interns - Non-GB members will get this ranking.

Journalists - Standard Giant Bomb members rank.

Editors - Hit Level 20 and this rank is yours.

Luchadeer - For those who are in for the long haul and reach Level 40.

Cheers :)

If anyone can think of anything else that should be in the OP let me know and I'll update it.

We also need a standard message for recruiting in game.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

@stenchlord: So which server is the one with the most duders in the guild? I'm fixing to make a character, but not sure which server to start on. My main is gonna be a Priest, so I don't know if I'd want to PvP. I don't even know how PvP works in TERA.

Onisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Onisama

@ESREVER: I think right now we have the most on Celestial Hills (correct me if I'm wrong ). I'm personally not into PvP outside of battlegrounds, so I went with the RP server. Although, PvP could be fun in this game *shrug*.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ESREVER

@Onisama: Cool, well I made a Priest on that server. Her name is Macey, so feel free to send me a guild invite. I'm playing now, making my war through the first land stuff.

SoulTaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By SoulTaker

How many alts are allowed?

Noku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Noku

Hey so just started a Slayer on Celestial Hills Name is Nokuson

Onisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Onisama

@SoulTaker: I don't think it matters! But I could be terribly wrong! at any rate, search for "Good luck have batman" in the guild search and submit an application, we'll add ya!

@Noku: Looking for you now!

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ESREVER

I'm not sure yet, but I might be maining my Priest on the Basilisk Crag server. wanted to roll on a PvP server, so we've been playing together on there. Granted, it only took roughly 3 hours to reach level 11, so its not like its a lot of work to get another character to that level on another server. But I'm not fond of having multiple characters on multiple servers. I tend to bounce between one or two characters, and stick to one server. Hard to say though, we haven't experienced what the PvP stuff will be like in the wilds. That could very well be a deciding factor if I want to stay on that server or not.

Anyway, is the GB guild for Basilisk Crag live yet?

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stenchlord

@ESREVER: As far as I know the guild on Basilisk Crag has not been established yet (will check in an hour when I get a chance to log on). I'd be happy creating the guild but I wouldn't be very active on there since my main will be Celestial Hills. Once you know what needs to be done and what quests you can skip, getting through Island of Dawn should only take an hour to an hour and a half and you will still leave the island at level 11.

@PollySMPS: Once there are enough members in the guild you won't need to look at the general chat anymore, you can just stick to the guild chat channel and ask members of the guild around your level to help you on quests. As for the being a noob, don't worry about it, I'm not too far off from you in regards to MMOs. Only two I've played in the past were Aion (lasted a couple weeks) and Champions Online (lasted 2-3 months). I've adjusted fairly well, you pick things up as you go. As long as you don't play as a Lancer (Tank) or Priest/Mystic (Healer) you should be fine, any of the DPS classes will likely suit you fine (they're usually more fun to play anyway) and you can join the fun :D So yes GB members of all skill levels are more than welcome to join GLHB, being someone who supports Giant Bomb already gives you the right of being in the guild :) The guild was made so the GB community could have some fun and play games together, that's what games are for <3

EDIT:

Guild has been created on Basilisk Crag. If you want to join it go to Social menu > Guilds on server > Search for Batman > Apply and message what your name is on the forums.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By donchipotle

Is there a level requirement for joining? I just got the game and I'm still getting my footing. I would love to play with some Giant Bomb guys.

Onisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Onisama

@DonChipotle: Nope! All are welcome as far as I'm concerned! We've got a lot of characters of all levels so far.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By donchipotle

@Onisama said:

@DonChipotle: Nope! All are welcome as far as I'm concerned! We've got a lot of characters of all levels so far.

Awesome! I applied for the Celestial Hills guild. Dormena is my character. I'm only level 7 but hey, I'm learning.

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By stenchlord

I'll be authorising you now :)

We also got permission from Mr. Snider to use the GB Bomb as our logo :D Will be uploading it now.

Orangefreak92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Orangefreak92

Just applied/join, I'm Snarky ingame. Looking forward to seeing you duders inside!

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By kerse

You guys know if the transfers are free? I got a 15 berserker on another pve realm I wouldn't mind transferring over to play with some people. Does everyone actually rp though? I have no interest in rping unfortunately.

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By stenchlord

@kerse: They are free, I've made a couple transfers and no, none of us RP. The server just happens to be filled with less vile people than the PvP servers and the majority of the PVE ones.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By donchipotle

@stenchlord said:

@kerse: They are free, I've made a couple transfers and no, none of us RP. The server just happens to be filled with less vile people than the PvP servers and the majority of the PVE ones.

You should've seen Island of Dawn chat last night. Way vile.

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By stenchlord

You get it on all the servers lol, CH just happens to have the least from my experience. Have played for a couple hours on each of them.

-------------------------

Note to guild members:

We need more Catharnach Award tokens. I just spent a couple hours doing guild quests and have accumulated 16 of them, once we get 20 I can upgrade the guild to Level/Tier 2 which gives us access to vendors who sell special items not available in any other shops in the game (XP bonus items etc).

How to accumulate Catharnach Awards:

Head to the Valkyon Forum boards which are located in all major villages/towns (Blue Exclamation Mark on Mini-map). You can acquire the quests from these boards, they are all fairly easy Suppression Quests (kill x amount of x creatures). Usually you'll be killing these monsters anyway so shouldn't require too much extra work over doing your regular quests. Once you get the awards drop them in the Guild Bank for me to collect. Cheers :)

Brother_PipPop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Brother_PipPop

If the pvp server guild is up, i'll drop a line. Hopefully soon we can go around pking dudes.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By adoggz

so i just got this so ill probably be lookin for a invite.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ESREVER

We need more peoples active in the GB Guild on the Basilisk Server. So far its only been me(Macey) and Xeiphyer(Felicia) active out of like 6 or 8 people (not sure how many of the people are alts). If you wanna make us really happy, we could really use some DPS...

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By stenchlord

Only my two characters are alts as far as I know. Lancer and Beserker.

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By stenchlord

OK so I farmed more Awards and guild is now Level 2 (CH server). Guild only stays level 2 for two weeks at which point you need to give in another 20 Awards so drop any you have into the guild bank.

SoulTaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SoulTaker

@ESREVER: I'll try to play tonight, but I won't be on till late.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ESREVER

@stenchlord said:

OK so I farmed more Awards and guild is now Level 2 (CH server). Guild only stays level 2 for two weeks at which point you need to give in another 20 Awards so drop any you have into the guild bank.

I had a question about the guild bank. When I tried to put my 6 or so guild awards in the bank, it asked for a 3gold bank fee. What's that about? I ended up mailing them to you instead.

@SoulTaker: Sounds good. Xei and I will probably be on. What level/class is your dude/dudette?

SoulTaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SoulTaker

@ESREVER: My dudette is an archer lvl 11. Her name is Hawkeye.Smith.

Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
    SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SexualBubblegumX

I might want to join the guild. I'm more interested in the PVE server though.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ESREVER

@SoulTaker: mmmm sounds good. We're both 21 right now, but if you need our help with anything, I'll be happy to accompany you. You shouldn't though, the game is pretty much a cakewalk up to 20. Shouldn't take you too long to catch up!

@SexualBubblegumX said:

I might want to join the guild. I'm more interested in the PVE server though.

Nooo thats a shame. PvP isn't all that bad. I get Elyos-huntin flashbacks when I see dudes names in red. I don't mind the PK every now and then. But there's been like lvl 40+ dudes PKing in the second zone where the lvl 11+ start getting their bearings. Kinda fscked. At least you can jump channels where its less hostile.

SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SexualBubblegumX
    @ESREVER
    Hmm It depends how PVP handles with a 360 controller. The only game where I was Good at PVP was Diablo 2, and that was only because i understood my class almost disturbingly well. But as far as the 360 controller is concerned it seems something that would make pve very fun, but might hinder me in some ways because my move pool would be smaller.
    stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By stenchlord

@ESREVER:

Ah yeah sorry about that, initial guild bank use incurs a fee. I'll eat that, I forgot I hadn't accessed the bank on the PvP server.

Gloobus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gloobus

I'd be willing to join you guys on the PvP server but I'm just worried it's gonna be a gankfest. I'll be honest and say I have no idea how the PvP works in that game since it doesn't have set factions. I keep thinking Lineage II since that had open PvP on everyone, every race, every zone. That puts me off trying their PvP server.

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By stenchlord

I'm not a fan of the PvP in this game either which is why I went PVE as my main save.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By Spiritgod

I've been playing Tera for a few days now, and was thinking of joining a guild, and since I visit Giantbomb quite often, it is almost certain that I'd join this guild. My only concerns is that I'm very new to MMOs, my first was Guild Wars that I started back in March. I don't know all the lingo, I don't chat very often as I'm more focused on what's going on in the game world, and that I'm starting to feel the grind of all the quests and don't know how much longer I'll be playing. Would I still be welcome to join? Like I said, I'm new, so I don't know how all of these things work...this would be my first guild.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By Spiritgod

@PollySMPS: Thanks for the reply. I sent in the application to join after seeing your message.

Bolkonsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bolkonsky

reporting in- man it would be cool to play this game without a bunch of tools. Or atleast with other tools like myself that dig giantbomb.

Im also newbish to the ways of the mmo but I'm thinking of going PVP server. What kind of numbers do both of the guilds have? (pvp/pve)

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By stenchlord

PVE has 20 (4 are alts so 15-16 actual players), PvP has 9 (1 is an alt so 8 actual players) I think at last count.

Most active members are Myself, Onisama, PollySMPS on PVE. Xeiphyer and ESREVER one PvP.

I've got a level 41 Archer, level 30 Lancer and Level 22 Priest on PVE. On PvP server I've got a Level 11 Beserker and Level 18 Lancer.

Bolkonsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bolkonsky

hey awesome! hopefully I get some time to join up this weekend

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kerse

The PvP servers are a gankfest the first time I got outta the starter zone level 50s were camping tried later at night and a different guy was camping tried the next day and the same happened so I refilled pve. You can switch channels but its then you're basically playing alone. Just seems like a hassle for lowbies at this point because I think you get some kinda currency for pks called infamy and the easiest people to farm are low level people I guess.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kerse

I'm pretty sure you can still do the battleground stuff on pve anyways just no world PvP.

Bolkonsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bolkonsky

@kerse: nawh you dont get squat for killing lowbies, you actually get punished by gaining infamy = debuff.

Tons of classes look fun to me- what classes are in demand?

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By stenchlord

Yeah it's been a bit like that, I've been running a couple alts to run with some but with the difference in time zones there was only so much I could do :(

I'll keep you signed into the guild, doesn't hurt having you there anyway. There are a couple accounts that people haven't been using anyway. With D3 being released we'll lose even more people as well, I'll try keep the guild alive as long as possible with whoever wants to stick around, best I can do really :(

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mpgeist

So is the guild already dying? I moved a character to Celestial Hills to join you guys...lol. I plan on playing this and Diablo 3 for a while yet.

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By stenchlord

There's a couple of us still playing but the GB community aren't fans of Tera. So it's always been a small guild. I'm playing D3 atm but I'm still jumping into Tera.

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By stenchlord

GameSpot did a really decent review on TERA.

http://au.gamespot.com/tera/reviews/tera-review-6377135/

Pretty much hit the nail on the head though. Boring generic quest system but some great fun action.

SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SexualBubblegumX

Hey I have the game, but I have to get a better vid card.... I really should not have cheaped out on a vid card when I built this thing. Any how In few weeks, i should be able to join... Right now, I'm skipping so many frames it's impossible to do anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.