Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terraria

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 16, 2011

The first major 2D entry into the world of "open world" sandbox action-adventure games, Terraria is inspired by 16-bit platformers and allows players to mine for ores, craft new equipment, and fight monstrous bosses in a large procedurally-generated world.

Does anybody know what this thing is?

Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shadowsquire

Like the title says, does anyone know what the hell this thing is and how I kill it? It's the black thing with teeth sitting ontop of the emerald blocks. I can't hit it with my sword/bow and I can't mine the blocks from under it. When I hit it with my hammer, I get damaged for around 44.

No Caption Provided
    xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xpgamer7

Don't know but it looks like 2D minecraft.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Yanngc33

Level up? Find missiles?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

It's possible that you just can't kill that thing at all. I've only read about the game though so take it with a grain of salt. It does look pretty good though.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By MuttersomeTaxicab

@Shadowsquire said:

Like the title says, does anyone know what the hell this thing is and how I kill it? It's the black thing with teeth sitting ontop of the emerald blocks. I can't hit it with my sword/bow and I can't mine the blocks from under it. When I hit it with my hammer, I get damaged for around 44.

I ran into one of those things last night, too. Had no idea what to do with it. Same as you, I used my hammer and promptly died. What's weird is walking past it doesn't damage you.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By azrailx

soemthing to do with corruption, i forget wut

McDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By McDom

You use it to craft the 'evil' items in the game, like the 10 lenses to summon cthulu.

MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MuttersomeTaxicab
    @McDom said:
    You use it to craft the 'evil' items in the game, like the 10 lenses to summon cthulu.

Really? That's pretty cool. So how is one supposed to be able to break it apart? I guess with a higher-quality hammer?
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MuttersomeTaxicab said:
    @McDom said:
    Really? That's pretty cool. So how is one supposed to be able to break it apart? I guess with a higher-quality hammer?
    I dont think you want to kill it. You use it to make nice weapons and what not. 
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:
    @McDom said:

Ahhhhhh, so it's kinda like a corrupted anvil. Just go into the crafting screen when I'm near it or something. Okay, that sounds pretty awesome.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MuttersomeTaxicab said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:
    @McDom said:

Ahhhhhh, so it's kinda like a corrupted anvil. Just go into the crafting screen when I'm near it or something. Okay, that sounds pretty awesome.

Yup. I really REALLY want the game but do not have the extra 10 bucks right now. I am looking for people to get the 4 back with however. 
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

What game is this?
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @ImmortalSaiyan said:
    What game is this?
    Look at which forum the thread is in, 
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#14  Edited By BeachThunder

:| Where did this game come from? I hadn't even heard of it before yesterday, now everyone seems to be talking about it o_o

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @BeachThunder said:
    :| Where did this game come from? I hadn't even heard of it before yesterday, now everyone seems to be talking about it o_o
    Small indie group. They are selling it on steam for 9.99 U.S I am looking for people to buy it with. 
    McDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By McDom

Definitely worth the money. Get a group of friends together and it's like a smaller minecraft with more focus on RPG/Action elements than the building (though that's still a big part).

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Anyone wanna buy the 4 pack with me?

Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shadowsquire
    @McDom said:

AHA! After you said that I finally figured out how to look for it on the wiki. I had been looking for "demonic altar" and its just called a "demon altar". Thanks!
    http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Demon_Alter

EDIT: Oh and btw this game is insanely addicting to anyone thinking of buying. I just played it for 9 hours straight O.o
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By onarum
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

how would we do this?

This game looks interesting, like a 2d minecraft but actually a real game with challenge and all.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @onarum said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

how would we do this?This game looks interesting, like a 2d minecraft but actually a real game with challenge and all.
    We would need two more people and then we would have one person buy it after everyone donates to a Paypal account or somthing..not fully sure. 
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#21  Edited By LordAndrew
    @McDom said:
    The screenshot combined with this statement has turned this from a game I didn't know existed to a game that I now need to purchase immediately.
    Sedasys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Sedasys

Demon alter. You use it to craft things with Demonite Bars. I'm not sure what other things you can craft with it, but if you try to destroy it it hurts you and you can only craft Demonite items with it.

Einherjar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Einherjar
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

@onarum said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

how would we do this?This game looks interesting, like a 2d minecraft but actually a real game with challenge and all.
    We would need two more people and then we would have one person buy it after everyone donates to a Paypal account or somthing..not fully sure. 
    You're gonna spend time finding 4 people and create a paypal account to buy a $10 game...? 
    Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Adamsons
    @Sedasys said:
    Demon alter. You use it to craft things with Demonite Bars. I'm not sure what other things you can craft with it, but if you try to destroy it it hurts you and you can only craft Demonite items with it.
    You can craft Demonite items with just a regular forge / anvil.

The only thing you need a Demon Altar for are suspicious looking eyes to summon Eye of Cthulu and worm food to summon the Eater of Worlds
    caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By caityful

When you mouse over it, it doesn't come up with the name? But yeah, it goes hand in hand with the corruption.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Weeaboocraft.

dorimajmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dorimajmun

Don't try to break it :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    @MuttersomeTaxicab said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:
    @McDom said:

Yup. I really REALLY want the game but do not have the extra 10 bucks right now. I am looking for people to get the 4 back with however. 
    So wait you wont spend 10 dollars to buy it. But you will spend $7.50 to buy it with 3 other people? Does that seem logical at all?
    keris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By keris
    @Jmangino said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @MuttersomeTaxicab said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:
    @McDom said:

So wait you wont spend 10 dollars to buy it. But you will spend $7.50 to buy it with 3 other people? Does that seem logical at all?
    I guess we can logically deduce that he doesn't have the extra $2.50 right now....
    dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dungbootle
    @Jmangino said: 

Spread the wealth.
    StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By StrawHatLaw13
    @Yanngc33 said:
    Level up? Find missiles?
    llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By llamaegg
    @Einherjar said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

@onarum said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

You're gonna spend time finding 4 people and create a paypal account to buy a $10 game...? 
    May I ask why you wouldn't try and save money whenever you could? It might only be $2.50 saved, but it all adds up in the end, and really, why would you want to spend more then you logically have too?  

Heck, that's why I picked up Frozen Synapse last night, split the price with a friend to get the game for $12 instead of $24. 

Either way, it's easy enough to do, basically one person acts as the buyer and the other three send him the price of each copy (in this case, three people sending one person $7.50), s/he then goes and buys the game and gifts it to each person. I might be interested in joining in, though part of me is just wanting to wait for a sale (so I'm cheap, sue me!).
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @keris said:
    @Jmangino said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @MuttersomeTaxicab said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@MuttersomeTaxicab said:
    @McDom said:

I guess we can logically deduce that he doesn't have the extra $2.50 right now....
    Why did you bring up this topic? I got the game because of one of the guys here. We traded games. 
    Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By Kyle

Haha, I came here to start a topic with this exact title about this exact thing. I guess I wasn't the only one confused.

KailenWolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By KailenWolfe
    @Xpgamer7:  

Please get off my planet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.