Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terraria

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 16, 2011

The first major 2D entry into the world of "open world" sandbox action-adventure games, Terraria is inspired by 16-bit platformers and allows players to mine for ores, craft new equipment, and fight monstrous bosses in a large procedurally-generated world.

How am I supposed to mine Hellstone?

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By generic_username

I've got a full set of shadow armor and a full set of meteor armor but everytime I try to mine hellstone, four or five of those freaking fireball rats spawn and kill me after like six seconds. I know my pickaxe can repel the firebalss, but they spawn on both sides. What do they expect me to be able to do..?

KingRedWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KingRedWing

Use potions... also, dig down in a hole two blocks wide, they wont spawn down there with you as long as you fill the hole left from anything you mine.

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too feel your pain. Hellstone is really hard to get when you're constantly getting mobbed by 4 fire imps and 3 skeletal worms... I can't kill them faster than their spawn rate!

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By owl_of_minerva

The best strat is to ignore them and mine as quickly as possible. Bring 30 potions and a friend if you're playing online.

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patched to version 1.05. Now it's relatively quiet in the underworld.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.